+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Glyph of Power Problem: +10% Damage Taken While Stunned/Rooted

Default Glyph of Power Problem: +10% Damage Taken While Stunned/Rooted

The recent changes to Glyph of Power on the PTR introduce a problem with the Pyro class - untalented, this ability means Pyromancers take more damage when stunned/rooted.

With the previous Ground of Power set-up, a Pyromancer could step off his "GoP ground buff" to avoid taking more damage when he saw, for example, a warrior heading toward him. With this glyph change, it cannot be avoided.

Furthermore, it's not in line with the changes made to other classes, such as marksmen, who gain a damage buff for standing still without taking any penalties.

Potential ways to mitigate this would be:
    - remove the +10% increased damage taken, bringing the ability in line with the Marksman changes
    - allow the new Burning Shield to be cast while stunned

With the burst damage now of classes in PVP and the changes made in the past to the Pyromancer soul, I do not see any reason this vestigial behavior still persists in the soul. No other soul in the game has to sacrifice increased damage taken to increase damage output, and there are many souls that do greater burst damage.
    Last edited by overbyte; 09-15-2011 at 05:32 AM.

You can just right click the buff off yourself, although that would lose you the damage buff I suppose.
    Nope.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by overbyte View Post
    No other soul in the game has to sacrifice increased damage taken to increase damage output
    Inquisitor.

And instead of moving out of the ground effect, you can cancel the buff, which can be done via a macro and even while stunned.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethanol View Post
    Inquisitor.

And instead of moving out of the ground effect, you can cancel the buff, which can be done via a macro and even while stunned.
    While this jumped out to me as well, I have to admit that asking people to cancel the buff is a bit over the top. Especially when you don't have to use Armor of Awakening. You could use Devotion or even Treachery if you wanted.

-Liang

Quote Originally Posted by Ethanol View Post
    Inquisitor.

I take that back. I forgot about that Inquisitor armor thing. Point well taken about the cancelaura macro. I guess that's the workaround.

Thanks for the tip.

Shadowlander

Still, that extra 10% damage taken seems to me like something that has more to do with the old, facemelting extra bursty pyro. Maybe it should be taken away, just like Burning Bright's 10% HP penalty was.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Liang Nuren View Post
    While this jumped out to me as well, I have to admit that asking people to cancel the buff is a bit over the top. Especially when you don't have to use Armor of Awakening. You could use Devotion or even Treachery if you wanted.

-Liang
    mages don't have to use ground of power either.

+ Reply to Thread