+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 51 pt Ranger

Default 51 pt Ranger

The last few abilities from full ranger aren't very competitive with other souls. As a dpser, there isn't much point of putting more than 31-31 points in ranger right now. I know everything needs to synergize well, but Ranger needs a little help to stand on it's own too.

Feral Aggression - Pet gets 100% crit chance and immunity to fear and confuse for 15 seconds on a 2min cooldown.

Pets just don't do enough damage to make this useful. It's better than nothing, but not competitive with most other soul's 51pt ability. The damage would have to be much higher, or be redesigned in my opinion.

Diffuse - Pet intercepts incoming damage for 10 seconds on a 3min cooldown.

I like this ability, except that the cooldown is a little too long, and it has too high of a chance to kill my pet. I suggest adding a component to the ability that adds some extra damage reduction to the pet for the duration. That way, the pet could survive if given some healing assistance. In raids, the loss of dps might not be worth it as is.

Pin down - Roots all enemies in place for 5 seconds. This seems fine, but why with all the 3 minute cooldowns? Making this a 1min cooldown would make it much more tempting.

I've tested every conceivable ranged dps spec in the last few days, and nothing with 51 points in ranger is keeping up. Feral aggression desperately needs a buff.

With the pet's scaling better now and shadowfire increasing all ranged dmg by 1% on top of the 13% it does for each point over 14... means it increases all ranged dmg by 50% for 51 ranger. That might be worth it there.

51rng/15mm might be good

Champion of Telara Elric-merren's Avatar

I would also love to knwo if bombs and such from sab are considered ranged or melee since i have seen people say it both ways. If they are and the bombs in sab get buffed frag and such might be worth using in a build with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Drathmar View Post
    With the pet's scaling better now and shadowfire increasing all ranged dmg by 1% on top of the 13% it does for each point over 14... means it increases all ranged dmg by 50% for 51 ranger. That might be worth it there.

51rng/15mm might be good
    tested.... it does around 150 less dps than a 51 mm/15 rang and around 300+ less dps than a hibrid mm/rang

I still have to compare it with a 51 sabo/15mm and 51 sabo/15 rang... but looking at tha parser from live and the few changes to sabo it will probably be on the same lvl if not lower...

the only situation when a 51 rang should perform better than a 51mm will be where u can't ever stand still... but it will still perform worse than a hybrid mm/rang
    The truth about Asha Catari leader of the Defiant and Regolus the great enemy of Talera that u've always known and feared to tell...

Quote Originally Posted by Zakir View Post
    Daughter of Macguyver, sent back in time by Doc, to do battle with Chuck Norris.

/end lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Elric-merren View Post
    I would also love to knwo if bombs and such from sab are considered ranged or melee since i have seen people say it both ways. If they are and the bombs in sab get buffed frag and such might be worth using in a build with them.
    I can confirm that Sab charges are classes as Ranged.

Gedlo Dragon-Hunter's Bow's proc (Grants a chance for your damaging Ranged attack abilities to increase Attack Power by 30 for 10 seconds. This effect can stack up to 3 times) fires off when attachin' charges.

Quote Originally Posted by Budsie View Post

Gedlo Dragon-Hunter's Bow's proc (Grants a chance for your damaging Ranged attack abilities to increase Attack Power by 30 for 10 seconds. This effect can stack up to 3 times) fires off when attachin' charges.
    just tested...

charges detonation and application does not trigger: MM munition, MM master archer
    The truth about Asha Catari leader of the Defiant and Regolus the great enemy of Talera that u've always known and feared to tell...

Quote Originally Posted by Zakir View Post
    Daughter of Macguyver, sent back in time by Doc, to do battle with Chuck Norris.

/end lore.

Champion of Telara Elric-merren's Avatar

What abotu bombs though? Charges are good yet the bombs if buffed could be nice in a trick shot, rain of arrow type use with shadowfire.

Plane Walker

I wish they have gave us a 51pt pet or it made the raptor summon Fluffy destory or worlds.
    That would rock.

But unless 51pt in ranger make your pet a monster of a beast , spend those points elsewhere.
    Good,Bad? I'm the one with the Gun.
    This is my BOOMSTICK
    Rank 40 Defiant Rogue 11/11HK
    Gaming Rig

Look at the assasin tree.

Then look at the assasin's dps.

Trion clearly doesn't want you to go 51 pts into ANYTHING. (besides MM now i guess)

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

i've been saying this up and down the forums, and still waiting for some dev response or something..but sab charges arnt being considered as melee or ranged attacks..i dont understand why..the only thing in the MM tree that benefits sab is the 5% single target dmg..but not the ignores 25% armor...blast charge would be nice with the MM ability and the imp blast charge which ignores 75% armor. i bet that would hit hard in pve..and help break down some of that armor reduction
    "TO PRO PHYS HEALS FOR JUUUU"

(Vanilla: Spongey@Keenblade "Nexilis")
    (Nightmare Tide: Excuse@Deepwood

shrapnel charge is ranged, all other charges are just classified as physical/elemental depending on type.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

+ Reply to Thread