+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Reduce healing

Telaran

Default Reduce healing

We used to have Lingering wounds and anathema reducing healing output by 50%.
    There was also Fell blades offering a 20% chance to reduce healing taken by 50%.
    And the ranger Dire Wolf's Maul reducing healing by 6-30%.

Now Fell blades is much more available(down to 16 points in Nightblade tree from 32 points).
    Dire Wolf's Maul reduces healing by 10-50%.
    And vampiric munitions have a 20% chance to reduce healing taken by 50% for 15 seconds.
    Do I miss any?

So we can expect to see a lot more people being affected by a healing reduction. It can be healing output , healing taken, or both.
    If the teams plays well, adverse Healer is suffering a -50% healing output and target is suffering a -50% healing taken. Let say healer was supposed to heal for 2000 Hp. He has actually an healing output of only 1000HP, and his target will only receives a 500HP heals.
    That means actual heal is 25% of initial ability.
    What is more, healer will also heal back attacker for 20% of healing done, due to leeching ability. So for a 1000 hp heal, that means 200 HP for the attacker vs 500 for the healer's target. Do i get it wrong?

Some additionnal questions.
    - Does your chance to apply vampiric munition and Fell blade stacks, if you have both in your role? That means a 40% chance/hit to get a chance that at least one effect applied.
    - Can those effects be applied by AOE? FOr example, fan out + Vampiric munitions ?
    - Can those debuff healing effects stack on a single target, to get an actual healing taken debuff that is lower than 50%. or a leeching heal that is higher than 20%?
    - can you receive different healing debuff at the same time (even if effect does not stack), which will make it harder to cleanse? for example, fell blade +vampiric munition?
    - can you receive 2 times vampiric munition, from 2 different players, so they both receive leeching heals cast on you?

PS: glad to see rogues get a boost.

Uhm... You seem to be misunderstanding something very critical. That being how the majority of those abilities actually work.
    "You're right. Technically he has the right to cry about it. And I have the right to mock him for crying about something stupid." ~Bridgeburner
    "Try to hate other people less, you might enjoy life more." ~Tenet

73 Likes , 1 Infraction, Liked 228 posts, and counting...

Sword of Telara

Don't worry about it, there won't be any healers around, so no healing will be done anyway.

Telaran

Shannae, problably yes. . Reason why I ask questions,

I have not played a rogues since several months. A fortiori i did not play a rogue on PTS myself to test new changes.

I would appreciate if people who did testing (like you?) could share information.
    many thanks in advance.
    Last edited by imzaan; 09-15-2011 at 03:54 AM.

Telaran

remove the dust from my rogue and copied it to PTS:

so
    - Does your chance to apply vampiric munition and Fell blade stacks, if you have both in your role? That means a 40% chance/hit to get a chance that at least one effect applied.
    Answer: YES, chance stacks.
    I tested using Fan-Out on 3 dummies once and stopping attack immedialty to check wich dummies had been afftected. I did 17 attempts. So it means 51 attacks on dummies . I found 26 time Fell blade or vampiric munition.so one effect was applied 50% of the time.

- Can those effects be applied by AOE? FOr example, fan out + Vampiric munitions ?
    YES
    In one Fan-Out on 3 target , i usually had 1 or 2 dummies affected. In some occasions all 3.
    if i was using fan out 2 or 3 times, all dummies were affected.

- Can those debuff healing effects stack on a single target, to get an actual healing taken debuff that is lower than 50%. or a leeching heal that is higher than 20%?
    NO, only one effect at a time. If you trigger it again, it just refresh the timer.

- can you receive different healing debuff at the same time (even if effect does not stack), which will make it harder to cleanse? for example, fell blade +vampiric munition?
    NO

- can you receive 2 times vampiric munition, from 2 different players, so they both receive leeching heals cast on you?
    NO.

I tried to test with leeching poison but i could not get any posion working with range or melee weapons.
    I di not see any reduce healing debuff from Dire Wolf's Maul either.

Conclusion it is very easy for rogue to apply this effect. I remember when i went 32 points in Nightbalde just to get fell blade...time has changed.

+ Reply to Thread