+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 275
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Rogue = OP now (unbalanced) on PTR -- Dev's please address

  1. #46
    Ascendant Sorovos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,419

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sneakier View Post
    Can't u see that u aren't actualy doing decent damage while SPAming Eradicate?
    Wut? U gona gona reply that u should play the role that fits your team?
    Well Marksman is a deadly sharpshooter, not a ranged debuffer


    Soul Description:
    Marksmen are offensive sharpshooters trained to thin enemy ranks with ruthless efficiency. They combine swift hit-and-run attacks with devastating volleys, endlessly harassing targets, sowing the battlefield with dead and crippled foes.

    Your playstyle doesn't fits very well on the full description
    You are doing damage by spamming Eradicate, problem is it's not epeen damage on the score board.

    For Example, Take Wardens Hots, If you didn't spam Eradicate, You would have to do X amount of damage over Y amount of time to overcome Z amount of Healing done by the HoTs

    With Eradicate you're basically Negating Z which in effects lowers the amount of X and Y needed.

    It's not shown on the Scoreboard, but it's still damage.

    Same thing with Purifier, He throws a 2400 point Damage Shield on the target, There is zero difference between doing 2400 points of damage to remove the damage shield, and eradicating it off, Only one is shown on the Score Board, and the other is not.

    Eradicate is one of the most powerful abilities in the game, You basically can go into pvp as a Rank 1 Marksman, and be a force on the battlefield that ZERO other classes can come close to.
    Xsorus - Rank 8 Mage/Server Seastone/Guardian/Guild - Desolate

  2. #47
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    614

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sneakier View Post
    Can't u see that u aren't actualy doing decent damage while SPAming Eradicate?
    Wut? U gona gona reply that u should play the role that fits your team?
    Well Marksman is a deadly sharpshooter, not a ranged debuffer


    Soul Description:
    Marksmen are offensive sharpshooters trained to thin enemy ranks with ruthless efficiency. They combine swift hit-and-run attacks with devastating volleys, endlessly harassing targets, sowing the battlefield with dead and crippled foes.

    Your playstyle doesn't fits very well on the full description
    Yeah, but eradicate is one ability that is so overpowered it overshadows the entire tree.
    It's the highest ranged damage soul from safe range, and extremely mobile.
    It's not as though using eradicate to make some people AFK means your damaging abilities are disabled for the rest of the warfront.

    Eradicating Neddra's essence is essentially the same as doing a 30k damage nuke. Faceroll eradicating purifier shields is essentially doing a 5k nuke. etc.

    It purges buffs at 3x the rate they can apply/cast them. BARE MINIMUM. You have plenty of time to be shooting people.
    Last edited by Valanceer; 09-14-2011 at 12:46 PM.

  3. #48
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    614

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Swordfishy View Post
    blah
    I could post more, but I'm too lazy to turn to page 2 on your latest posts. Those are all about melee classes no?

    25% melee QQ from the looks of it (each page shows 25 results).
    If I played a warrior i'd still be saying the same thing about this game's balance issues, because what's happening on a core level doesn't change whether you're on the winning end or the losing end.

    Got a problem with that?

  4. #49
    Plane Touched Akizuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    270

    Default

    I'm glad I rolled a rogue, I can finally reap the reward of my 459 soul point on my 51/51/51/51/51/51/51/51/51 build. (And yes, I did spend 51 points in a PVP soul, I'm just THAT OP.)

  5. #50
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,539

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valanceer View Post
    Got a problem with that?
    I don't see any other clerics talking about how they are useless and underpowered healers? You show up in every OP thread to talk about other classes and how they are too powerful, and somehow have the nerve to tell others to L2P or call them bad? Tell me I'm "bad" because I don't consistently crit 2k on deadeye shots--do you even have a rogue past level 5?

    You play a cleric and bash on eradicate because it nullifies one of your specs. Maybe it's a warden counter? So does that make wardens cleanses OP because they can remove other rogue specs heal debuffs so easily? You complain about riftblades, you complain about casting pushbacks, you complain about "infinite" silences/interrupts, you complain about everything under the sun as long as it doesn't involve clerics and somehow makes you that much more powerful.

    The posts where you tell others to L2P are my favorite. Right afterwards you come into another thread and say WTFERADICATE the only way to counter it is to AFK as a cleric. You apparently have less of a clue than anyone on these forums.

    You aren't the valiant white knight fighting for equality like you so desperately want to believe you are.

    The reason you complain is solely because you are losing.

    Edit: Holy ****, by the time I finish typing this he's already got another post about how blood fever is apparently imba.
    Last edited by Swordfishy; 09-14-2011 at 01:05 PM.
    DK of The Fast and the Fairyous: Tokyo Rift

  6. #51
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    72

    Default

    *sniff sniff

    very smelly thread.

    smells like pro-active whine to slow the rogue buffing process.

  7. #52
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    77

    Default

    I`ll believe that rouges are op when I see it.

    Op sounds more like a guy who dont get to faceroll rogues anymore.

    We`ll see when 1.5 comes out.

  8. #53
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    237

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    Since when are class descriptions accurate?
    Actualy, a sentinel is a dedicated healer that helps the party to its best.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sorovos View Post
    You are doing damage by spamming Eradicate, problem is it's not epeen damage on the score board.

    For Example, Take Wardens Hots, If you didn't spam Eradicate, You would have to do X amount of damage over Y amount of time to overcome Z amount of Healing done by the HoTs

    With Eradicate you're basically Negating Z which in effects lowers the amount of X and Y needed.

    It's not shown on the Scoreboard, but it's still damage.

    Same thing with Purifier, He throws a 2400 point Damage Shield on the target, There is zero difference between doing 2400 points of damage to remove the damage shield, and eradicating it off, Only one is shown on the Score Board, and the other is not.

    Eradicate is one of the most powerful abilities in the game, You basically can go into pvp as a Rank 1 Marksman, and be a force on the battlefield that ZERO other classes can come close to.
    Offensive Sharpshooter=/= Ranged Debuffer and this is not a thread about theorycraft

    Quote Originally Posted by Valanceer View Post
    Yeah, but eradicate is one ability that is so overpowered it overshadows the entire tree.
    It's the highest ranged damage soul from safe range, and extremely mobile.
    It's not as though using eradicate to make some people AFK means your damaging abilities are disabled for the rest of the warfront.

    Eradicating Neddra's essence is essentially the same as doing a 30k damage nuke. Faceroll eradicating purifier shields is essentially doing a 5k nuke. etc.

    It purges buffs at 3x the rate they can apply/cast them. BARE MINIMUM. You have plenty of time to be shooting people.
    Nice theory, what happens when they just decide to kill you? Cuz in theory u can be nuking "30k" each eradicate but thats not going to happen.
    U GONA DIE CUZ u cant kill then, at ptr, u can (at live u can also but its way harder compared to PTR wich makes many MM rogues go eradicate spamm to be usefull)

    i bet IF u have a rogue u play like this:
    herp derp, did 2400 damage by removing a shield>target gest rebuffed> gogili +2400 damage whille he continues to smash ur team

    dead target>debuffed target
    AND most of the times, u can get the kill without the need for Eradicate spam, try deadeye shot, i heard it hits "4,5k"

    But if ur happy with you theorycraft, keep doin it bro, if makes u happy
    Last edited by Sneakier; 09-14-2011 at 01:37 PM. Reason: PS: stop derailing the thread...
    I quited Rift, the lack of end game pvp+Gear based game+AoE zerg fest on many WF just kill the way i like pvp. (am p7,5)
    Small Skirmishes all over the place
    Currently am playing SC2 and Team Fotress 2, if you like skill based balanced games, try then out, btw Team Fotress 2 is now FREE!

  9. #54
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,539

    Default

    Seriously, if one buff is worth 30k damage apparently...how is the fact its removable the OP part?
    DK of The Fast and the Fairyous: Tokyo Rift

  10. #55
    Ascendant Liang Nuren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,704

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sneakier View Post
    Can't u see that u aren't actualy doing decent damage while SPAming Eradicate?
    Wut? U gona gona reply that u should play the role that fits your team?
    Well Marksman is a deadly sharpshooter, not a ranged debuffer


    Soul Description:
    Marksmen are offensive sharpshooters trained to thin enemy ranks with ruthless efficiency. They combine swift hit-and-run attacks with devastating volleys, endlessly harassing targets, sowing the battlefield with dead and crippled foes.

    Your playstyle doesn't fits very well on the full description
    Just to be clear, he's hitting for 2000+ with each of those Eradicates. Healing prevented on a target that's taking damage is every bit as good as damage done in most WFs. Yes, it doesn't show up on the charts but not all things good for the team do show up on charts (like Archon buffs, for example).

    -Liang

  11. #56
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,876

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Swordfishy View Post
    Seriously, if one buff is worth 30k damage apparently...how is the fact its removable the OP part?
    You seem like a reasonable person. Tell me you played a heavy Assassin/NB on PTS atm and you didn't find that OP in 1 vs 1 against r8 offensive PvP speced warriors. Can you claim that?
    Last edited by Delolith; 09-14-2011 at 01:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Detill5869 View Post
    5000 damage reminds me why I started a mage. can't wait to hit 50 and kill lots of players in pvp with my 5000 damage attacks.

  12. #57
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,539

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Liang Nuren View Post
    Just to be clear, he's hitting for 2000+ with each of those Eradicates. Healing prevented on a target that's taking damage is every bit as good as damage done in most WFs. Yes, it doesn't show up on the charts but not all things good for the team do show up on charts (like Archon buffs, for example).

    -Liang
    He'd be hitting for 0 damage if they decided to do something other than stack hots though right?
    DK of The Fast and the Fairyous: Tokyo Rift

  13. #58
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,539

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Delolith View Post
    You seem like a reasonable person. Tell me you played a heavy Assassin/NB on PTS atm and you didn't find that OP in 1 vs 1 against r8 offensive PvP speced warriors. Can you claim that?
    I hardly even play live right now I'm so bored to tears with PvP. If I log on and kill 5 people in the daily area I'm done...
    DK of The Fast and the Fairyous: Tokyo Rift

  14. #59
    Ascendant Liang Nuren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,704

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Swordfishy View Post
    He'd be hitting for 0 damage if they decided to do something other than stack hots though right?
    The entire reason they're stacking HOTs on him is because he's taking damage -- enough to warrant enough attention to heal. Seriously, the target of target ******** is ****ing overpowered as hell from a Cleric perspective. I've seen people 100% shut my Warden down to the point that I just go DPS because I'm not getting ANYTHING done as a healer.

    Call it theorycraft if you want - I don't give a ****. All I know is that Eradicate spam is suggested as THE thing to do for fresh 50s for a reason.

    -Liang

  15. #60
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,876

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Swordfishy View Post
    I hardly even play live right now I'm so bored to tears with PvP. If I log on and kill 5 people in the daily area I'm done...
    Wait a minute. I don't think that anyone argued that rogues did not need a DPS buff on PvE. However, the ridiculousness of this patch was that it did not solve the PvE problems of many DPS rogue souls and they created a PvP monster called extremely durable insane invisible killer....aka heavy Assa/NB. So I do not see why people do not agree with the fact that specific rogue combination is broken in PvP.

    The defensive CDs are useless in PvE, but with this magnitude of damage they break PvP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Detill5869 View Post
    5000 damage reminds me why I started a mage. can't wait to hit 50 and kill lots of players in pvp with my 5000 damage attacks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts