+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Rogue = OP now (unbalanced) on PTR -- Dev's please address

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Ponder View Post
    Prior to 1.5, Rogue's needed a slight (5-10%ish) buff in PVP (only) DPS -- assuming survivability remained the same (i.e. no nerfing of Slip Away/etc).

The changes that have been made are way out of whack -- and you are simply creating a new significantly OP class.

You have increased their survivability significantly -- forget playing subtlely or striking from the distance as the key advantage, now just steam role, AND utilize stealth to go in or go out as needed. Way too powerful. Vamp healing -- really? Self healing -- really? They still having survival CDs, CC, healing debuffs -- all in a single spec?

But, it doesn't stop there -- you have also added significant damage increases across multiple abilities? And after Slip Away, a target's DOTs still tick along their merry way?

Rogue's don't even need stealth now -- they just charge you like a warrior, high dps your face, and if they want to Slip Away, can still have the dots tick a good percentage of your health (of course, you remain in combat due to that). But, they still have stealth? I'm not suggesting taking away stealth -- I'm suggesting look at all the perks and come to a reality check that it is unbalanced.

The balance pendulum has swung far too much into Roguedom. This simply further unbalances the Rogue class relative to other classes, and unfortunately only encourages people to look towards other games (like SW:TOR).

Please, Trion -- review the combat logs on PTR -- review the 1x1s, the 2x2s, the 2x1s, the Warfronts, the random world encounters -- and come back to reality. The Rogue tweaks are way overdone. Class of the month is a terrible way to play a game. It only continually pisses off 3/4 of the population, to please 1/4.
    You sound like another QQing Warrior. Am I correct?

PTS is not done by any means in regards to testing. SO, plz stop spewing garbage.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by charliekelly View Post
    cept if they do that, they do essentially zero damage. if someone is going to apply heal debuff and do no damage, why should you be able to kill them easily? thats like not even as good as a subdue spec, and a subdue spec is essentially unkillable. a warden is harder to take down than a mm applying vamp munitions via fan out. the warden is healing their raid, a mm is healing itself. whether you think healing your team, or applying debuff to the enemy raid is more important, i would consider both to be support roles in that instance.
    You'd only have to push fan out like 10% of the time. Remember that Fel Blades lasts 15 seconds, and that rogues have the significantly shorter GCD of 1 second.

So yeah you don't "do no damage waaaah". Saying that Warden does anything at all in a discussion about marksman- comedy of the century there too. Keep trollin'.
    Last edited by Valanceer; 09-14-2011 at 11:56 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Valanceer View Post
    So yeah you don't "do no damage waaaah".
    You say waaaah, but please people, look at his post history. This is the #1 crybaby on the entire forums. This guy throws around statements like "Cleric healing in warfronts is worthless," etc. and genuinely believes his cleric is crap. Every other post almost-and I'm not even exaggerating, you can look it up--is about how melee facerolls everything.
    Last edited by Swordfishy; 09-14-2011 at 11:57 AM.
    DK of The Fast and the Fairyous: Tokyo Rift

Prophet of Telara

You'd only have to push fan out like 10% of the time. Remember that Fel Blades lasts 15 seconds, and that rogues have the significantly shorter GCD of 1 second.

So yeah you don't "do no damage waaaah". Saying that Warden does anything at all in a discussion about marksman- comedy of the century there too. Keep trollin'.
    Fell Blades only has a 20% chance to apply, so statistically it is going to take 5 shots to apply it once. Also, the 1-sec GCD only applies when we aren't energy starved. If we've been attacking for more than 5 seconds, we are energy starved.

Trion completely breaks a class when they attempt to balance it? That never happens.......still loving that 50% physical dps nerf on my warrior, by the way.
    Last edited by Magnos; 09-14-2011 at 11:58 AM.

okay so this is about marksman now? in anycase, its only a lot of healing if the enemy has a lot of healing. to keep fan out in your rotation is a severe loss of dps, period, and you will kill noone. that is a support role. spamming purge and applying heal debuff. if that mm wants to kill anyone, not 1 global can be wasted on their single target. just so you know.

Plane Touched

rogues are fine, the OP tought that he was at 1.4 and well, its not
    I quited Rift, the lack of end game pvp+Gear based game+AoE zerg fest on many WF just kill the way i like pvp. (am p7,5)
    Small Skirmishes all over the place
    Currently am playing SC2 and Team Fotress 2, if you like skill based balanced games, try then out, btw Team Fotress 2 is now FREE!

Rift Chaser

Can rogue kill 44 Warlock on PTS?

UNTIL ROGUE CAN KILL A 44 LOCK SPEC, I DON'T BELIEVE YOU

Are you McWaffle? no? ....man i didnt know there was so many of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponder View Post
    This simply further unbalances the Rogue class relative to other classes, and unfortunately only encourages people to look towards other games (like SW:TOR).

Yeah numb nuts, no face-rolling rogues anymore, its time to start getting better or run!

Exactly what rank, class and spec do you play if you think rogues are unbalanced? lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Torvax View Post
    Im an R8 Cleric.
    1 Rogue can annihilate 2 healing clerics together-Cross healing doesnt work against a rog. .

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Swordfishy View Post
    You say waaaah, but please people, look at his post history. This is the #1 crybaby on the entire forums. This guy throws around statements like "Cleric healing in warfronts is worthless," etc. and genuinely believes his cleric is crap. Every other post almost-and I'm not even exaggerating, you can look it up--is about how melee facerolls everything.
    I abuse marksman, actually.

Target cleric healer and cast eradicate on target of target.
    Warden is deleted, they will AFK.
    Purifier is deleted, they will AFK.
    Sentinel you just mash with pushback and they drop dead.

Bard and void life chloro only. I am sorry that you are incapable of playing your rogue, but that's as far as my sympathy goes.

Lol it sounds like the responses in both threads are:

"Youre op so we should be op too"
    And
    "We are being balanced [in comparison to warriors who we feel are OP] and it's going to make rogues useful now (ie: Be as strong as the class you feel is op).

Lol if you're going to pretend to be all for balance, you may wanna hide the grin.

Can't wait for drop however. It seems wf will be beyond hilarious.

Ascendant

Bard and void life chloro only. I am sorry that you are incapable of playing your rogue, but that's as far as my sympathy goes.
    Well, let's take a looksie shall we?

Regardless, melee in general is faceroll.
    Find a caster, faceroll all their casts with button mash pushback to 10 seconds, permanently interrupt, receive free favor/prestige. They can't escape, they can't control you, etc. because melee souls are all immune to that, and the diminishing returns are completely in their favor.
    Who is the king of the mindless overpowered faceroll heap? Who cares?

Having to stack a mindless boring chloro/lock pile to have any use for casters is sad.
    The problem with roaming around on the map is that melee is enormously favored.
    You run into a caster and they're permanently interrupted with massive pushback until dead.
    They can't even hurt you due to cast times with a bunch of corners nearby.
    The diminishing returns enormously favor stuns with instant damaging abilites, making it even worse. No escape, mr. free valor trinklefingers.

It'd just be a bunch of riftblades and assassins roaming around steamrolling everything. Not that it isn't that already- it is.
    It is suicide to move about the map unless you are invisible or overpowered. Even the chloro/lock easy mode blob was free favor to melee.
    Riftwalk ruins the new warfront even harder than the others if that's possible thanks to the LoS blockers.

It's a contest of who can get more skillblades on their team like every other warfront.
    Does it matter? Pretty much everyone is going to stop playing because of riftwalk anyway.
    Nothing is viable or fun until riftwalk gets deleted. Some people are more patient than others, but there's been a huge drop-off already.
    dude pushing 1 button to permanently push back and interrupt casts until someone is dead is hard
    Healing is worthless.
    The cluster i'm in has so many op riftwalking warriors that anyone looking like they're healing is just free favor.
    10x more warriors since the welfare valor came to be, everyone hopped over to the op faceroll train immediately.
    Leave healing to the best pvp healers, bards with rift guard, and do the gear-based DPS race to win. Thanks op wars.
    I could post more, but I'm too lazy to turn to page 2 on your latest posts. Those are all about melee classes no?

25% melee QQ from the looks of it (each page shows 25 results).
    Last edited by Swordfishy; 09-14-2011 at 12:32 PM.
    DK of The Fast and the Fairyous: Tokyo Rift

Plane Touched

Can't u see that u aren't actualy doing decent damage while SPAming Eradicate?
    Wut? U gona gona reply that u should play the role that fits your team?
    Well Marksman is a deadly sharpshooter, not a ranged debuffer

Soul Description:
    Marksmen are offensive sharpshooters trained to thin enemy ranks with ruthless efficiency. They combine swift hit-and-run attacks with devastating volleys, endlessly harassing targets, sowing the battlefield with dead and crippled foes.

Your playstyle doesn't fits very well on the full description
    I quited Rift, the lack of end game pvp+Gear based game+AoE zerg fest on many WF just kill the way i like pvp. (am p7,5)
    Small Skirmishes all over the place
    Currently am playing SC2 and Team Fotress 2, if you like skill based balanced games, try then out, btw Team Fotress 2 is now FREE!

Sentinels are defensive clerics who excel at group support. Their divine powers aid the weak and ensure that everyone in their group lives through the fray.
    Since when are class descriptions accurate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast