+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: New push and clerics

Plane Touched

Default New push and clerics

Numbers fixed ap/sp bug gone.

Distribution for clerics: Wis= 1 spell crit .5 sp, Int = .5sp, 10 mana
    As my wisdom was higher than my int, it was a spell crit buff, and as my int was more than 1/2 my wis, it was an sp buff.

Corporal punishment still disparity between proc and tooltip (5vs10 seconds)

Vengeance still procing lust for blood. (44 point build and VotPN and 101 crushing blow test vs 3 test dummies= 87 proc 14 no proc)

Plane Touched

Checked other class stat distribution values for this push:

Mages: as in live Int = 1 crit, .5 sp, 10 mana, Wis= .5sp
    Warriors: Str = .5 ap, 1 crit, Dex = .5 ap

and *pats Zyzyx gently on the head*

Rogues: Dex = 1 crit, .5 ap, Str = .5 ap

See? All better.

This push appears to make crit based solely on the primary stat, and the sp/ap is split down the middle for all classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Randhi View Post
    Numbers fixed ap/sp bug gone.

Distribution for clerics: Wis= 1 spell crit .5 sp, Int = .5sp, 10 mana
    As my wisdom was higher than my int, it was a spell crit buff, and as my int was more than 1/2 my wis, it was an sp buff.

Corporal punishment still disparity between proc and tooltip (5vs10 seconds)

Vengeance still procing lust for blood. (44 point build and VotPN and 101 crushing blow test vs 3 test dummies= 87 proc 14 no proc)
    Umm, no, its a sp nerf, but thats probably more then made up for by the increased crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaritor View Post
    Umm, no, its a sp nerf, but thats probably more then made up for by the increased crit.
    Indeed and sp nerf, and i almost had a heart attack until i saw the 1 point crit for wis.
    Then it was more a bleh.

Cant complain really however.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Guaritor View Post
    Yeah, I was thinking about it just now. Like hey that doesn't sound right. +.25xint-.25xwis Come back and check, good call on the correction.

Spell crit change = wis - int
    Spell point change = .25(int-wis)

Personally, I liiked the .75/.75 to .25/.25 distribution better.

We'll see if they play with numbers more on future pushes.

Ascendant

You guys are in the same boat as mages now.
    Clerics used to have SP advantage while mages have crit advantage now everyone is equal in that aspect.

Soulwalker

personally i think 0.75sp(ap)/crit for mainstat and 0.25sp(ap)/crit for offstat should be implemented to all 4 callings. that way you have a good incentive to use your mainstat but still get something from your offstat.

it would help balance mages dps and clerics too, and fix the warr/rogue whine too. then again you can never fix whine here without ample application of forum bans.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomcatzor View Post
    personally i think 0.75sp(ap)/crit for mainstat and 0.25sp(ap)/crit for offstat should be implemented to all 4 callings. that way you have a good incentive to use your mainstat but still get something from your offstat.

it would help balance mages dps and clerics too, and fix the warr/rogue whine too. then again you can never fix whine here without ample application of forum bans.
    that would nerf rogues too much since we have like 0 str as it does nothing for us. at least int gives mana for clerics, str gives nothing to rogues, taking 25% of our crit away and putting it on str is a huge nerf. leave rogues alone, we want 0 changes on our stats tyvm.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    that would nerf rogues too much since we have like 0 str as it does nothing for us. at least int gives mana for clerics, str gives nothing to rogues, taking 25% of our crit away and putting it on str is a huge nerf. leave rogues alone, we want 0 changes on our stats tyvm.
    Um since when have rogues left us alone? Just saying.
    Last edited by Ogmodon; 09-13-2011 at 04:44 AM.

Rift Master

Default Ugh

I'm surprised how little this will change. Need different rings and necklace - mostly from Drowned Halls. One essence switches out. The level 38 rune for the chest, the radiant dominating rune, will be best, and wisdom will now be a better rune for staff and wand. 19 crit+9.5 SP > 35 SC for most builds. And that's it. I would have expected bigger changes.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Valdis43 View Post
    I'm surprised how little this will change. Need different rings and necklace - mostly from Drowned Halls. One essence switches out. The level 38 rune for the chest, the radiant dominating rune, will be best, and wisdom will now be a better rune for staff and wand. 19 crit+9.5 SP > 35 SC for most builds. And that's it. I would have expected bigger changes.
    Changed a lot, using the proper gear for my class, I.E no cloth etc my spell power was cut by a little more than %50 and my spell crit to a meager climb up less than 45 points.

Soulwalker

This new stat change is actually a nerf to cleric sp and not a buff but it does buff our spell crit by alot if your wis is more than your int. Anyone that have more int over wis will notice their sp increase but their spell crit will drp.

heres my base stats in live and what it will be like in 1.5

wis =699
    int=406
    In live: (699x.075)+(406x0.25)=625 sp and 406 spell crit
    in pts/1.5 : (699x0.5)+(406x0.5)=552 sp and 699 spell crit

so i will lose like 73sp but gain 293 spell crit (thats like 7-8% chance to crit)

So will this hurt our dps?? its hard to say since most of our big spells have very low coefficient with sp anyways but the 7-8% chance to crit would help out alot more i would think.
    It would be nicer if we get the 10 mana in wis as well .. maybe thats asking too much? lol

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Stormberg View Post
    It would be nicer if we get the 10 mana in wis as well .. maybe thats asking too much? lol
    this.

Because of the cap on re-gen stacking int over wisdom will still end up being the preferred especially since there is also a cap on crit. That means once you hit the soft crit cap there is no reason not to stack INT over wisdom, since they provide the same sp bonus.

Except if they don't allow clerics to roll on cloth its going to be a real pain.
    Last edited by tilyn; 09-13-2011 at 05:15 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Ogmodon View Post
    Changed a lot, using the proper gear for my class, I.E no cloth etc my spell power was cut by a little more than %50 and my spell crit to a meager climb up less than 45 points.
    Please don't post misinformation, it's IMPOSSIBLE to lose 50% SP when they change it to 50% from 75%, even if you had 0 int, you could only lose 33% maximum. But ofcourse you don't, you're gaining SP gained through Int so realistically most people will only lose around 20-25% SP, tops.

Accuracy > your QQing, thanks.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Stormberg View Post
    This new stat change is actually a nerf to cleric sp and not a buff but it does buff our spell crit by alot if your wis is more than your int. Anyone that have more int over wis will notice their sp increase but their spell crit will drp.

heres my base stats in live and what it will be like in 1.5

wis =699
    int=406
    In live: (699x.075)+(406x0.25)=625 sp and 406 spell crit
    in pts/1.5 : (699x0.5)+(406x0.5)=552 sp and 699 spell crit

so i will lose like 73sp but gain 293 spell crit (thats like 7-8% chance to crit)

So will this hurt our dps?? its hard to say since most of our big spells have very low coefficient with sp anyways but the 7-8% chance to crit would help out alot more i would think.
    Have you logged on to check this out? I had thought I would be getting a bonus out of this, isntead I was nerfed harshly. My wisom is greater than int and my spell power was cut by a little over %50 and my spell crit barely increased 44 points.

This is a bad idea from trion, sadly it is not the first or will it be the last. Whats worse is they will push it through and hurt the customer.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast