+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Warrior:Let us trade our r8 gear for its counterpart

Telaran

Default Warrior:Let us trade our r8 gear for its counterpart

You made dex better scaling for warriors since the game was released now that we have geared with things intended for rogues crit/dex rings daggers/ swords and some people selected leather shoulders & boots

I ask for at least a a grace period if the changes to make strength>dex (which is how it should've been or fixed before half a year into the game) go live to allow us to trade our rings and weapons for their counterparts daggers to swords,rogue rings to warrior rings,and leather items to plate.

Honestly you should refund our essences too but I'm not greedy people can farm a few raid rifts again not that difficult

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Ainew View Post
    You made dex better scaling for warriors since the game was released now that we have geared with things intended for rogues crit/dex rings daggers/ swords and some people selected leather shoulders & boots

I ask for at least a a grace period if the changes to make strength>dex (which is how it should've been or fixed before half a year into the game) go live to allow us to trade our rings and weapons for their counterparts daggers to swords,rogue rings to warrior rings,and leather items to plate.

Honestly you should refund our essences too but I'm not greedy people can farm a few raid rifts again not that difficult
    You made your choice now deal with it.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Stabsalot View Post
    That makes no sense....warriors who made the choice to choose the gear that was BiS over crap scaling should have to re grind stuff because they bothered to read up on what was good for their class

Just like you choose to be a herpa derp because if was the best option for someone of your intelligence level warriors made the choice to get gear that gives them the maximum dps

Champion

That makes no sense....warriors who made the choice to choose the gear that was BiS over crap scaling should have to re grind stuff because they bothered to read up on what was good for their class

Just like you choose to be a herpa derp because if was the best option for someone of your intelligence level warriors made the choice to get gear that gives them the maximum dps
    Sounds suspiciously similar to the argument people who didn't like people who got pvp gear for raiding used. Those pvpers/raiders were told to deal with it, too. And they didn't get any compensation.. also they had less time to prepare than people do now.

So yeah, not likely Trion cares that much about compensating their players for their invested time when they (Trion) **** things up. Lack of foresight makes people unhappy, Trion.
    Last edited by Reiz; 09-12-2011 at 05:25 PM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Stabsalot View Post
    I'm a warrior and I agree with this statement.

FREYN | P8 SUICIDE DWARF

Rogues are fine, honest.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by neandramathal View Post
    You know what happens when people get told to "deal with it" a few times to many? They do. By leaving the game and going elsewhere. I think we can all agree that no one wants that, not if you care about Rift having any longevity that is.
    Last edited by Reiz; 09-12-2011 at 05:30 PM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Reiz View Post
    Lack of foresight makes people unhappy,
    I foresaw them fixing this how did you not?

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Narfalicious View Post
    I foresaw them fixing this how did you not?
    Even if they didn't, it is the very nature of MMO's to change rapidly. Classes get nerfed/buffed, when a class gets nerfed does everyone go "I want a free swap to class X because no one told me when I rolled this that my class would be less effective". No, we ask for balance... but ultimately the class taken and time invested are our choice.

I could say many things about how I chose to wear plate because it is Warrior only, or that I'm a team player so I didn't take loot that was simply 'better stats' when it was intended for another class because that's selfish etc... but those who think this is unfair will complain either way. There will be no change to their minds.

I feel for all those Rogue's who lost equipment drops to greedy warriors who now want it to be changed, those rogue's are gonna be thinking "FFS Why didn't you just let me have it back then??".

Finally, given the amount of times people in the warrior forums have asked for a fix to strength being useless you'd think they'd step back and go "Hmm... I want them to change strength, but I'm stacking dex... maybe this is a silly idea, I either dont get desired changes or fck up my own gear". I dare say those who DONT read the forums were stacking strength all the time anyway and probably will just adapt and continue silently like they always do.

FREYN | P8 SUICIDE DWARF

Rogues are fine, honest.

Telaran

7 months into a game is way to late to fix such a problem. No I don't agree with them changing pvp gear to not work in pve either trion makes sweeping changes to the game with 2 hour pts tests it just dumb

I don't even understand why this would matter....people have already grinded out the rank and gear they are losing money trading in the gear because it will have runes on it....this isn't in a far fetched request

Honestly the guy who said he wouldn't take leather because you are a "I chose to wear plate because it is Warrior only" player.Are you serious you can't actually be in a good raiding guild or do well in pvp if you won't even gear your class properly I didn't ask for any input from sub par players but thanks for that LOL

Sounds like the people whom disagree with something as simply as a gear exchanged which I'm not saying should only be for warriors.Everyone should be able to trade in r8 chest for r8 chest etc. I can't see a reason to not add it when you are making game changing sweeps every patch with limited testing most of the time

Quote Originally Posted by Reiz View Post
    Sounds suspiciously similar to the argument people who didn't like people who got pvp gear for raiding used. Those pvpers/raiders were told to deal with it, too. And they didn't get any compensation.. also they had less time to prepare than people do now.

So yeah, not likely Trion cares that much about compensating their players for their invested time when they (Trion) **** things up. Lack of foresight makes people unhappy, Trion.
    Maybe they don't want to repeat a mistake like this which made plenty of people unhappy use your brain ....
    Last edited by Ainew; 09-12-2011 at 05:48 PM.

Sword of Telara

The stat changes is unfortunate but TBH, there is not much you can do about it. And I can't see TRION ever caving to requests for item swaps.

DEX > STR was probably never intended. In the short term, there would be much grief due to proposed changes but it does help in the long term as there would be a clear distinction between Warrior and Rogue gear.

As someone said, we just have to deal with it.
    Last edited by Blackblade; 09-12-2011 at 06:15 PM.

Rift Chaser

Honestly the guy who said he wouldn't take leather because you are a "I chose to wear plate because it is Warrior only" player.Are you serious you can't actually be in a good raiding guild or do well in pvp if you won't even gear your class properly I didn't ask for any input from sub par players but thanks for that LOL
    There are several reasons I didnt take leather, notice that Need or Greed restricts warriors to rolling only plate when you put on Need on Use?

I don't raid, I am a PvPer - and I do just fine thank you.

FREYN | P8 SUICIDE DWARF

Rogues are fine, honest.

Champion of Telara

I have to say no you do not get this option UNLESS they make it so that any pvp item can be turned in for full price return.

Friends who are r4 paragons are screwed becuase they have the daggers etc so unless every one can do a trade then I say no.

I have been told they are not changing str to become > dex for warriors. It is a bug. The dev said so.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    I have been told they are not changing str to become > dex for warriors. It is a bug. The dev said so.
    Hope not, I'm a warrior and I prefer they keep that change and make AP more efficient after nerfing ravenous str in the vk soul because well we all know how that is gonna turn out.

Quote Originally Posted by neandramathal View Post
    I'm a Rogue and I agree with this statement.

Either way I get to pewpew.
    "I've Done So Much, With So Little, For So Long, That Now I Can Do Anything With Nothing." Rogue for life.
    If Zyzyx considers himself an elite Rogue, (he does) than from here on out I'll be the crappiest Rogue I can be.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast