Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: People Panic! Part 2(keep it constructive duders)

Ascendant

Other than Sicaron rogues are very competitive with warriors in every event i've seen so far in HK, in some cases beating them (Zilas and Murdantix). Not sure what to tell you if you don't think you can compete.
    Last edited by Bluelightt; 09-11-2011 at 11:11 AM.

I hope you get banned. Im a Rogue and your embarrasing me.

Either way I get to pewpew.
    "I've Done So Much, With So Little, For So Long, That Now I Can Do Anything With Nothing." Rogue for life.
    If Zyzyx considers himself an elite Rogue, (he does) than from here on out I'll be the crappiest Rogue I can be.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluelightt View Post
    Other than Sicaron rogues are very competitive with warriors in every event i've seen so far in HK, in some cases beating them (Zilas and Murdantix). Not sure what to tell you if you don't think you can compete.
    So how do you think this will change when warriors get more crit and rogues lose it?

I know I can compete and do well. This thread is not about warriors or dps ,but about a change on the pts so if you guys could stay focused please do so or stop posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    So how do you think this will change when warriors get more crit and rogues lose it?

I know I can compete and do well. This thread is not about warriors or dps ,but about a change on the pts so if you guys could stay focused please do so or stop posting.
    idiot, you're getting more AP with this change. it's going to balance out.

get rid of this guy already, ignore the thread, nothing to see here.

if they change it the same as warriors you'd be getting .75 CRIT AND AP PER POINT OF DEX, .25 CRIT AND AP PER POINT OF STRENGTH
    Last edited by Kalevala; 09-11-2011 at 12:51 PM. Reason: Inappropriate Language
    Frootloops. p40 warrior. Seastone. Forsaken. 11/11 hk 5/8 id
    Judgejudy. p28 mage. Seastone. Forsaken. chloro/dom pvp only
    My guides: | 1.8 PvP Build | Macro Guide

Don't raiding rogues already complain about being crit capped? Higher AP will only help by making your ridiculous crits hit for MORE.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

Plane Touched

First of all "this change" isn't a change. Daglar has already said clear as day that these are unaltered, default values for the new stat allocation system. A system probably being put in to make strength better for warriors so they roll on their plate. I'm sure EVERYONE else's values will be set to current live values.

If we're being and "this change" stays, though, NO we are NOT getting more AP out of it. For rogues, we have always gotten .5 AP and 1.0 crit out of dex + .5 AP out of strength.

With "this change" we are now getting .5 AP and .5 crit our of dex + .5 AP and .5 crit out of str. AP is entirely unchanged, but we have triple the dexterity as we have strength so we lose a ton of crit.

IF this does not change, then there is reason to panic. Like Daglar has said and I have repeated, this is a new system that was put in and the stat values were all scrambled. They aren't going to slam rogues crit, give warriors some crit, and make clerics outrageous. They aren't the sharpest tool in the shed, but they know this would be silly for their subs.
    Last edited by Kalevala; 09-11-2011 at 12:37 PM. Reason: Inappropriate Language

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by lameboi View Post
    idiot, you're getting more AP with this change. it's going to balance out. are you really this ****ing stupid?

get rid of this guy already, ignore the thread, nothing to see here.

if they change it the same as warriors you'd be getting .75 CRIT AND AP PER POINT OF DEX, .25 CRIT AND AP PER POINT OF STRENGTH
    Hm, So you copied my OP. Please keep it constructive and if you can't shoo away troll.

Some quick number crunching:

Currently 849 dex / 429 str - 643 ap / 849 crit
    .5/.5 (pts) 643ap / 643 crit = 206 CRIT LOST
    .75/.25 (theory) 744 ap / 744 crit = +100 ap - 105 crit

Its pretty clear to see which option I would prefer ,but it is just a theory and a dream at this point. Obviously with all the other ap% changes on the pts for rogues the extra ap would be pretty nice. Lets just hope we get it.
    Last edited by Zyzyx; 09-11-2011 at 11:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkestLife View Post
    I hope you get banned. Im a Rogue and your embarrasing me.
    QFT

Enough with the look at me threads wait until it's fixed and then be constructive.

When you called me delusional I laughed so hard I almost fell off my unicorn!!

Plane Touched

Ugh zyz. Your sig makes me feel so strangely uncomfortable whenever I come across one of your posts. Like a neckbearded pedo...meh nvm.

Hi everyone,

We already have an ongoing discussion about this topic. If you'd like to share your thoughts, you'll find the main discussion thread here:

People Panic!

We're going to close this thread and ask that this discussion continue in one of the threads linked above so we can keep the discussions about this topic a little better consolidated.

As a friendly reminder, we do recommend using the forum search function (searching in thread titles works best) and checking through the last couple pages to see if there is already an existing thread about a topic you'd like to discuss. When topic discussions are consolidated, it not only makes it easier to use the search function, but it also aids the Rift Community and Development Teams when reading the forums and gathering feedback from your posts, ideas, and concerns.

If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to contact us at community@riftgame.com.

Thank you!

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2