+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Get ready for Clerics to dominate with these new stat changes.

Shield of Telara

Default Get ready for Clerics to dominate with these new stat changes.

With the change of Clerics getting 75% of their crit/sp from wisdom and 25% from intelligence, clerics are going to be overpowered Trion.

You wanna know why? Simple Clerics have easy access to skills that raise the critical hit damage cap. Meaning that Clerics will have crits that hit for 190% damage versus 150% like everyone else.

It gets better though they will have the ability to crit like a mage, but unfortunately for Mages they only have one skill that increases crit damage bonus and you have to spec deep in the crappiest soul tree.

Not that Im complaining because it will give me a chance to dust off my Cabalist build, but it does suck to see my mage and rogue builds getting left behind once again.

Implying that Clerics are not, in fact, already OP.
    Last edited by Dagurasu; 09-10-2011 at 11:48 PM.

Soulwalker

I feel that clerics will be alway OP in this game)

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by jereome View Post
    With the change of Clerics getting 75% of their crit/sp from wisdom and 25% from intelligence, clerics are going to be overpowered Trion.

You wanna know why? Simple Clerics have easy access to skills that raise the critical hit damage cap. Meaning that Clerics will have crits that hit for 190% damage versus 150% like everyone else.

It gets better though they will have the ability to crit like a mage, but unfortunately for Mages they only have one skill that increases crit damage bonus and you have to spec deep in the crappiest soul tree.

Not that Im complaining because it will give me a chance to dust off my Cabalist build, but it does suck to see my mage and rogue builds getting left behind once again.
    wait so your saying mages and clerics arnt already OP??
    {WinterXI >>>> 13th Edition}

Banned

Clerics are already stupidly overpowered.

Cleric DPS is usually the lowest of all the callings. They could stand to be a little less of a DPS drain on a raid.

May i ask what non fail cabalist build would incorporate 10 points in senti AND inqui in order to receive a significant amount of crit damage?

Then again, if any build (inqui/or shammy would be the only logical souls that can take advantage of max crit damage) does take advantage of the crit damage increasers, it is at a loss of overall survivability since they will not be incorporating justi, or overall damage, since they wouldnt be going full 51 in their soul, thus not taking advantage of the new, non crit related proc proc (lfB, CP) and wouldnt be taking any sp increases, and would be dumping 10-11 points into justi for heals.

So no matter how you slice it, there is no feasible way to take advantage of the crit damage, without sacrifice. And guess that we call that boys and girls: Balance.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    Then again, if any build (inqui/or shammy would be the only logical souls that can take advantage of max crit damage) does take advantage of the crit damage increasers, it is at a loss of overall survivability since they will not be incorporating justi, or overall damage, since they wouldnt be going full 51 in their soul, thus not taking advantage of the new, non crit related proc proc (lfB, CP) and wouldnt be taking any sp increases, and would be dumping 10-11 points into justi for heals.

So no matter how you slice it, there is no feasible way to take advantage of the crit damage, without sacrifice. And guess that we call that boys and girls: Balance.
    51 Sham, 11 Inq, 4 Sent. Oh look, I just took advantage of a 51 point ability, 2 crit damage increases, and a 4% spellpower increase. That was super complicated.

And for survivability? Has more passive tools for that than the current FOTM Cab / Inq / Sent builds clerics are running around in (Glory of the Chosen, flat damage reduction, incoming heal increase).
    Last edited by Volatile1; 09-11-2011 at 01:50 AM.

Actually, 51 Shaman 11 Inquisitor 4 Warden is better dps, and that's the build people are running in raids and coming in last.

Initial testing on the PTS at 10 minutes Boss Dummy parses are coming in 100 dps LOWER than they were before the change on this build, also. Something has been adjusted downwards to make up for the stats being adjusted upwards.
    "You're right. Technically he has the right to cry about it. And I have the right to mock him for crying about something stupid." ~Bridgeburner
    "Try to hate other people less, you might enjoy life more." ~Tenet

73 Likes , 1 Infraction, Liked 228 posts, and counting...

sp got bugged from what ig athered from another thread so gotta see how this plays out.

also cleric dps is trash

http://tinyurl.com/RaremobsSL < Almost complete SL rare list.

Quote Originally Posted by titansgrip View Post
    Cleric DPS is usually the lowest of all the callings. They could stand to be a little less of a DPS drain on a raid.
    The clue is in the name.... "CLERIC" not warrior or mage! They are primarily healers, any DPS is a bonus!

I just cant understand why people think their class should be good at everything! May as well just merge them all into one class if thats the case.
    World First - Cyril Kalmar Kill
    eXile-Corp 11/11 HK - 8/8 ID - 4/4 FT - 5/5 EE

and clerics shouldnt do good dps why?

cause some old game decided clerics were healers?

are we playing said old game? NO
    are we playing a game where dps souls are expected to pull proper dps? YES

by your logic warriors should be **** dps aswell, cause clasically they been classified as tanks

rogues shouldnt be able to tank etc.

again your argument is flawed.

http://tinyurl.com/RaremobsSL < Almost complete SL rare list.

Quote Originally Posted by Alyvian View Post
    and clerics shouldnt do good dps why?

cause some old game decided clerics were healers?

are we playing said old game? NO
    are we playing a game where dps souls are expected to pull proper dps? YES

by your logic warriors should be **** dps aswell, cause clasically they been classified as tanks

rogues shouldnt be able to tank etc.

again your argument is flawed.
    huh??

Why dont we merge all the classes and souls so everyone can do everything hey? Healers should be healers etc or there is no point having different classes.
    World First - Cyril Kalmar Kill
    eXile-Corp 11/11 HK - 8/8 ID - 4/4 FT - 5/5 EE

Telaran

I agree. Warriors should only be tanks. Their dps should be very low. They are tanks.

The clue is warrior. Tanks should be tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    May i ask what non fail cabalist build would incorporate 10 points in senti AND inqui in order to receive a significant amount of crit damage?

Quote Originally Posted by Volatile1 View Post
    51 Sham, 11 Inq, 4 Sent. Oh look, I just took advantage of a 51 point ability, 2 crit damage increases, and a 4% spellpower increase. That was super complicated.

And for survivability? Has more passive tools for that than the current FOTM Cab / Inq / Sent builds clerics are running around in (Glory of the Chosen, flat damage reduction, incoming heal increase).

May i ask what your comment has to do with mine? Your arent taking max crit damage. And if you think that 3% damage damage reduction and 10 heals means great survivability then you are simply a fool. An inqui has more of a latent survivability with vex alone since it can take 90% of its in coming heals. which can be a good 4xx per tick. Glory of the chosen in pve means nothing since you wouldnt be getting hit, and in pvp would mean anything against an equally geared dps.

So no, despite you wanting to seem as if you had a eureka moment, any build incorporating higher crit damage, intrinsically lowers in defense by not having 11 justi in its build, or lower its damage, by not going full 51 in its primary damage soul after 1.5

I dont understand your comparison between cab and shaman either. They are for two completely different things, and cabs offense justifies its defense.

Clerics are balanced around the fact that they must give up damage for defense.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast