+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Get ready for Clerics to dominate with these new stat changes.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Havors View Post
    The clue is in the name.... "CLERIC" not warrior or mage! They are primarily healers, any DPS is a bonus!

I just cant understand why people think their class should be good at everything! May as well just merge them all into one class if thats the case.
    wrong, a cleric using healing souls is an healer, a cleric using dps souls is a dps, a cleric with 51 points in justicar is a tank.
    you are playing rift, not my little pony wow edition, just learn how the game works.
    Once known as Nix-Zero

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
    Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruizo View Post
    wrong, a cleric using healing souls is an healer, a cleric using dps souls is a dps, a cleric with 51 points in justicar is a tank.
    you are playing rift, not my little pony wow edition, just learn how the game works.
    lol its like i said though, whats the ****ing point in having 4 classes if they can all do everything? Just have one and then theres no crying for nerfs hey?

Clerics should be healers primarily and any dps souls should not be as powerful as primary DPS classes and tanking souls should not be as powerful as primary tanking classes. Otherwise we can scrap the warriors/mages/rogues and all go clerics. There has to be a point to each class or they dont need classes!

use some ****ing common sense! yes this game is different but it still follows the generic principles of any fantasy mmo
    World First - Cyril Kalmar Kill
    eXile-Corp 11/11 HK - 8/8 ID - 4/4 FT - 5/5 EE

lol its like i said though, whats the ****ing point in having 4 classes if they can all do everything? Just have one and then theres no crying for nerfs hey?

Clerics should be healers primarily and any dps souls should not be as powerful as primary DPS classes and tanking souls should not be as powerful as primary tanking classes. Otherwise we can scrap the warriors/mages/rogues and all go clerics. There has to be a point to each class or they dont need classes!

use some ****ing common sense! yes this game is different but it still follows the generic principles of any fantasy mmo
    This is quite possibly one of the stupidest posts I have ever read. Cleric dps should be in line with every other callings dps. No matter what calling you choose you should be able to do competitive damage. I am happy to see rogue and mage dps scaling up with the 1.5 patch. Clerics dps needs to come up as well so we can all be in line with warriors.
    Pre-server merges BS statement:
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    Given how quickly population seems to be growing overall, I think we'll see new servers before mergers.
    Post server merges BS Statement:
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    I think at this point I'm obliged to grant that functionally I was wrong about mergers.
    A quick snap of the neck keeps those corpses nice and dead like." ~ Ferry

Seriously, this logic would apply to WoW but because of the many variants of subclasses per calling alone, it does not apply to Rift. Mages and even rogues can heal in this game. Everybody can flip-flop to get the job done, so if we use your excuse then everyone gets the shaft except warriors who aren't getting the shaft anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Lockiszemode View Post
    This is quite possibly one of the stupidest posts I have ever read. Cleric dps should be in line with every other callings dps. No matter what calling you choose you should be able to do competitive damage. I am happy to see rogue and mage dps scaling up with the 1.5 patch. Clerics dps needs to come up as well so we can all be in line with warriors.
    You obviously fail to grasp the point im making. What gives clerics the right to match warriors in dps? Warriors cant heal. Why should every calling be able to do the same/competitive dps? Not every calling can heal or stealth or support!?

Just stop and think about it for a minute... Every calling has to bring something different to the table. There is no point in having 4 callings otherwise, just delete the other 3 and we can all go clerics.

Quote Originally Posted by Refmo View Post
    Seriously, this logic would apply to WoW but because of the many variants of subclasses per calling alone, it does not apply to Rift. Mages and even rogues can heal in this game. Everybody can flip-flop to get the job done, so if we use your excuse then everyone gets the shaft except warriors who aren't getting the shaft anyway.
    Are you kidding? All a warrior can do is tank or dps. that is all! the other callings can do everything (bar tanking for mages). Would you be happy or do you think warriors should be able to heal as well as clerics and mages??

Yes its great that each calling has lots of options and can "flip-flop" as you put it, and i like the principal of it.

But i will say it again... whats the ****ing point in 4 callings if they can all do everything the same? Each class has to excel at something or there is no point in having classes. Its common sense!
    Last edited by Havors; 09-11-2011 at 06:48 AM.

The clue is in the name.... "CLERIC" not warrior or mage! They are primarily healers, any DPS is a bonus!

I just cant understand why people think their class should be good at everything! May as well just merge them all into one class if thats the case.
    are you a warrior? do you dps? HOW DARE YOU?!! the clue is "WARRIOR" you are a big boy with big muscles, you wear plate armor.. like a knight, so shiny, you are supposed to Tank!
    See you all in Wildstar!

Quote Originally Posted by Byona View Post
    are you a warrior? do you dps? HOW DARE YOU?!! the clue is "WARRIOR" you are a big boy with big muscles, you wear plate armor.. like a knight, so shiny, you are supposed to Tank!
    lol dont be so pedantic! you know the point im trying to make ... warriors should excel at tanking and be on par with rogues & mages for dps. Rogues can pick and choose their fights and have high utility, and they should be on par with warriors/mages for dps... you see where im going with this?

Each class has to excel at something or their is no point in classes.

i actually have a cleric as well as a warrior so this isnt just a warrior QQing its just common sense

Soulwalker

lol dont be so pedantic! you know the point im trying to make ... warriors should excel at tanking and be on par with rogues & mages for dps. Rogues can pick and choose their fights and have high utility, and they should be on par with warriors/mages for dps... you see where im going with this?

Each class has to excel at something or their is no point in classes.

i actually have a cleric as well as a warrior so this isnt just a warrior QQing its just common sense

So as per your logic, warriors should excel at tanking only, clerics at healing and mages and rogues at dps?

Is that it?

Telaran

Certainly sounds like he is asking for a big warrior dps nerf. The tank should not have the best dps.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Nesterij View Post
    I feel that clerics will be alway OP in this game)
    are you referring to pvp or pve?

And before podting this i would also like you to be able to put forward some examples.... as in how he is OP when compared to a warrior or a mage ..... spec to spec.....

Unless of course you are only referring to pve

I have both a cleric and a rogue, and im here to tell you anyone who feels that clerics as a calling need some massive DPS buff is bad at their class. a small DPS buff would be in order, ill give you that. That said, clerics should be at the bottom end of competitive dps. They should still be useful, and with really good gear, even be competitive with top DPSers in some fights, but they have no business topping meters with comparable gear.
    Any clerics that says they should is insecure with their basic class design and needs a bigger epeen to make up for their tiny RL one. Clerics are hands down the best healers. Chloro's are good sustained supplemental healing, but they can't control the amount of healing, and its placement the way a cleric can. Cleric tanking is very solid, and cleric DPS is not bad, clerics are in a very good place if you know how to play one. A small buff to their dps is a good call, but small is the imperative word.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Quote Originally Posted by Gyle View Post
    I have both a cleric and a rogue, and im here to tell you anyone who feels that clerics as a calling need some massive DPS buff is bad at their class. a small DPS buff would be in order, ill give you that. That said, clerics should be at the bottom end of competitive dps. They should still be useful, and with really good gear, even be competitive with top DPSers in some fights, but they have no business topping meters with comparable gear.
    Any clerics that says they should is insecure with their basic class design and needs a bigger epeen to make up for their tiny RL one. Clerics are hands down the best healers. Chloro's are good sustained supplemental healing, but they can't control the amount of healing, and its placement the way a cleric can. Cleric tanking is very solid, and cleric DPS is not bad, clerics are in a very good place if you know how to play one. A small buff to their dps is a good call, but small is the imperative word.
    May i ask who said anything about cleric being top dps? I am always hearing the highlighted part in your post being given by most clerics. And its only for a few souls as well.

So i dont understand this soapbox speech.

Ascendant

the point is this game - its the whole point around this game has been built.
    maybe you should change game if you dont like, if you try to change -the- game you'll just lose a lot of time, a lot more people than you like it as it is.
    Once known as Nix-Zero

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
    Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruizo View Post
    the point is this game - its the whole point around this game has been built.
    maybe you should change game if you dont like, if you try to change -the- game you'll just lose a lot of time, a lot more people than you like it as it is.
    I think your just not getting the point im making, totally over your head.

Quote Originally Posted by popsidou View Post
    So as per your logic, warriors should excel at tanking only, clerics at healing and mages and rogues at dps?

Is that it?
    Emphasis on the "Excel" yes! they can all do the other things adequately but they should excel in what they are!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast