Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Nice job idiots

Rift Chaser

Default Nice job idiots

Buffing Rogue PVP, when rank 8 marksmen were already amazing, while PVE DPS Mages are in the worst shape we have ever seen a caster class be in. In over 10 years of playing MMO's Ive never seen such blatant failure from a developer. If Trion doesnt atleast ease peoples minds really quickly more and more people are going to be leaving this game. Im so sick about it, if any other game was out right now Id quit Rift. Mages are an absolute unarguable disaster of the utmost proportions right now. Ill give it 2 weeks tops, then Im honestly going to quit, and alot of my guild is probably going to quit when I do.
    Last edited by Combustion; 09-07-2011 at 01:43 AM.

Banned

Mages are pulling 2k+ dps just like Warriors and Rogues. I dont see how they are lacking.

Plane Touched

Where are those mage notes youre jabbing at?

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Vindicit View Post
    Mages are pulling 2k+ dps just like Warriors and Rogues. I dont see how they are lacking.
    On Murdantix mages are lucky to hit 2k, while warriors are 2600-2800, meaning that replacing dps mages with warriors and rogues would be better for the raid. One Archon and one or 2 Chloros then load the raid with warriors and rogues is min/max
    On Matron mages can top the meter by cheating and doing aoe (fluff damage that doesnt matter one way or the other), take those mages out of the fight and the adds die a second or 2 slower, but the boss dies faster, meaning replacing dps mages with more warriors and rogues would be better for the raid.
    On Zilas theres so much target switching that mages do ok because warriors and rogues have to interupt and switch targets alot, if the warriors and rogues are not going all out, it doesnt count as "we do as much as them". Its gimmicky
    On Sicaron there was one parse of a Mage doing 2700 (world record at this point as far as I know) Our warriors hit 3.3+k last week on our kill, meaning that mage was a MASSIVE 600+ dps behind, and that wasnt the top warrior dps ever done. meaning that replacing that dps mage with another warrior would benefit the raid.
    On King there is tons of RNG and movement, and interupts, and alot of the time the melee or the ranged will need to stop dps on purpose to wait for the other to catch up. This fight is not a dps measurement fight. This is a gimmick fight
    On Estrode we get to top the meter!!!!!!!!!! Oh wait that only because warriors and rogues are forced to use broken speccs that gimp them severely.......
    On Grug good mages will average between 1400-1800, rogues and warriors will be at or around 2400-2900, they do a very small amount of aoe, so take away 1 or 200 dps from the melee, and its obvious there still a massive amount ahead.
    So besides gimmick fights, basically any fight that all the dps get to unload the mages get destroyed by 500-1000 dps. Not sure why I have to write this....Guess most mages in the game are T2 heroes that have no clue how bad it really is.
    Last edited by Combustion; 09-07-2011 at 02:07 AM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Myso View Post
    Where are those mage notes youre jabbing at?
    There are none, thats the issue, Mages are in a state of emergency and Trion is fixing Marksmen DPS who are already topping PVP meters? And why make ANY PVP changes? Fix the ****ing broken DR issue and your PVP wont be an absolute joke, its not even worth mentioning, let alone playing while the DR system is a broken mess, why fix a PVP class when PVP is still broken? Fixing DPS mages should be THE absolute priority.
    Last edited by Combustion; 09-07-2011 at 02:08 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Combustion View Post
    On Murdantix mages are lucky to hit 2k, while warriors are 2600-2800, meaning that replacing dps mages with warriors and rogues would be better for the raid. One Archon and one or 2 Chloros then load the raid with warriors and rogues is min/max
    sounds like you have bad mages.

On Matron mages can top the meter by cheating and doing aoe (fluff damage that doesnt matter one way or the other), take those mages out of the fight and the adds die a second or 2 slower, but the boss dies faster, meaning replacing dps mages with more warriors and rogues would be better for the raid.
    you obviously don't understand the matron fight. AoE IS king on that fight.

On Zilas theres so much target switching that mages do ok because warriors and rogues have to interupt and switch targets alot, if the warriors and rogues are not going all out, it doesnt count as "we do as much as them". Its gimmicky
    mages are preferred for DPS on zilas in all honesty

On Sicaron there was one parse of a Mage doing 2700 (world record at this point as far as I know) Our warriors hit 3.3+k last week on our kill, meaning that mage was a MASSIVE 600+ dps behind, and that wasnt the top warrior dps ever done. meaning that replacing that dps mage with another warrior would benefit the raid.
    makes have hit 3K on sic. comparing against warriors atm on sic is pretty broken, fyi.

On King there is tons of RNG and movement, and interupts, and alot of the time the melee or the ranged will need to stop dps on purpose to wait for the other to catch up. This fight is not a dps measurement fight. This is a gimmick fight
    you are doing it wrong.

On Grug good mages will average between 1400-1800, rogues and warriors will be at or around 2400-2900, they do a very small amount of aoe, so take away 1 or 200 dps from the melee, and its obvious there still a massive amount ahead.
    you are doing it wrong.

Plane Touched

Well you have to look at the big picture here..

1) Warriors
    - Warriors do good DPS single target, their AoE is okish
    - Warriors can only tank and dps

2) Mage
    - Mages have lower DPS, still higher than clerics though.
    - Mages don't die as easily
    - Many HK fights favor mages
    - Mages AOE are superior to all other classes
    - Mages can do anything, even tanking (in HK)

3) Rogues
    - Atm rogues suck in pvp, its so bad, they need either NB or vanish to be able to survive or kill anything
    - Rogues have fine ST dps melee
    - Atm rogues ranged attacks are pretty ****ty, compared to them having 2 souls *specifically* focusing on bow/gun, as the only in the game, this is pretty bad.

I wouldn't complain too much about mage. I'm mage myself, they pwn in pvp, they are DESIRED in HK as they fit mechanics better than any other class there currently.

Plane Touched

Also I think its a little too soon to complain.. There's still 1 month to patch.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Durango View Post
    sounds like you have bad mages.
    The mage that hit 2k is VOODOO's mage, which are the top mages in the world, you absolute ******.

you obviously don't understand the matron fight. AoE IS king on that fight.
    Both of our DPS mages that do 4k on Matron missed a Wednesday, I did Chloro, the Adds dies about 2 seconds later than they normally do, and Matron died way faster than she ever did. We beat our prior kill time by over a minute. You obviously dont understand the matron fight, Warriors and Rogues can AOE the ADDS down just fine, and Guess what? They kill the boss faster!

mages are preferred for DPS on zilas in all honesty
    Yea because the warriors have to interupt, and the rogues have to kills ghosts, all the classes are fine for this fight, its a gimmicky wash.

makes have hit 3K on sic. comparing against warriors atm on sic is pretty broken, fyi.
    Why because both classes get to go 100% all out on the boss for 15 minutes straight, and warriors are 600 dps higher than mages proving my point entirely? Nice logic. Also, its 2700 until 3k mage parses are shown.

you are doing it wrong.

you are doing it wrong.
    Your an idiot and have no clue what the **** your talking about. Here we have mages in the worst shape Ive ever seen a class be in, and target dummy heroes come pouring in to spew there stupidity....

Rift Chaser

Im so sick of these other classes dumping there opinion. Why dont you be good at aoe and suck at single target? See how fun that is for you. We will see how you feel when you do Grug, knowing damn well that you NAILED Your rotation like a BOSS and are excited to see the meter, only to see that you did 1500 and the rogues did 2800. Theres nothing a mage can ever do to top the meter on any fight that allows the rogues and warriors to do there damage, NOTHING. That means the game is not balanced, that means there are mages who just shrug and go ohwell, Ill just be 10th on dps behind every rogue and warrior in the raid. THATS NOT OK...wtf is wrong with you people...
    Last edited by Combustion; 09-07-2011 at 02:24 AM.

i constantly see Mages at the top of the DPS pool in WFs. Clerics and Mages will top it due to AOE dps.

Now you may say "well i want to be good single taget/ 1v1 not in AOE". Well then do i have a deal for you.

Introducing the most annoying and OP spec known to man kind. The amazing CHLORO LOCK!!! Use this spec and watch as warriors keep trying to kill you but just cant do a damn thing. Watch as...oh...any other class tries to kill you. They will fail.

The chloro lock is very strong spec to be playing. Now if you say, well i dont want to play a chloro lock, then suck it up and grow a pair. If you want to be on the top of the leader boards you cant just roll any which spec. Specific specs will be the best and it is up to you to get those specs and use them to own faces. If you do not, you have no grounds to QQ on how your class if gimped. As a warrior i hate mages right now. Chloro lock owns my face, and im R7 currently. A lower prestige mage can win easily if they have the right spec.

((i am glad rogues are getting a buff btw. they really need it, but i fear that Trion went a bit crazy on the buffs, so i will start this off now. NERF ROGUES!!!))
    Dragonskull - Faeblight: <Betrayle> Warrior Tank/DPS
    Laughingskull - Faeblight: Warrior DPS
    www.youtube.com/laughingskull92

Plane Touched

Geez chill out..

Mages have best synergy crystals, whilst the other callings are just laughable. + A lot of our DPS is lost because of bugs atm.

Soulwalker

Default I cancel 2 of my account with their new pvp improvements

I cancel 2 of my account with their new pvp improvements

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Myso View Post
    Also I think its a little too soon to complain.. There's still 1 month to patch.
    Forget the patch, every week of HK that goes on where mages have NO CHANCE at all of topping the meters on the fights where the raid gets to really do there maximum it gets worse and worse. Forget 1.5 Mage DPS buff needs to be hotfixed in the next week or 2 tops.

what? cleric dps should be adressed at the same time as mage dps. Mages have better surviablity in dps specs than clerics, mages can do the same or more roles as clerics can. There is no reason that a cleric who sacrifces healing to go dps should not be able to do as much dps as a mage.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast