+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: 1.5 Riftstalker Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    No, it's 1% additional for each 1000 armour. I'm not sure if the maximum 20% includes the 5%, and I'm not sure if it's off of base armour or buffed armour. Probably base since all other talents are, so that means base 5% from the talent and 4% from the armour. Not huge but it's a start.
    so i wonder if they are buffing the gp/gs armour bouns cuz otherwise is it possible for us to utlize the full 20%?

As it stands we get 10% more amour from items from improved gs. and 80% extra armour in total from gp + gs. so they must be buffing the armour on one of them next?

Edit:

Surely it must be buffed armour thou as leather gives sweet fa in the armour department, and a hk geared rogue tank maybe has around 4-4.5k (at a guess) without gp nad gs on
    Last edited by Skilgannon The Dammed; 09-10-2011 at 02:16 PM.

Oh I missed:

Defer Death
    For the next 4 seconds, the Rogue's hitpoints do not go below 1. When this effect elapses the Rogue gains an absorption shield that absorbs all incoming damage for up to 50% of the Rogue's maximum health for 10 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    Oh I missed:

Defer Death
    For the next 4 seconds, the Rogue's hitpoints do not go below 1. When this effect elapses the Rogue gains an absorption shield that absorbs all incoming damage for up to 50% of the Rogue's maximum health for 10 seconds.
    hmm im not sure if thats a good thing lol, but to be fair anything they did to that could only be seen as an improvement :P but thats a quite a good skill now if timed with scatter the shadows

RIFT Guide Writer

Soo just been on PTS to test out new RS changes. i.e Shadow Guard - 5% + 1% per 1k Armor. Wanted to test to see if it scaled of base or on top of buffs.

Running typical 51/8/7 build. 4k Armor Base, 7k with GS.

By my Calculations:
    If it scales of base then i should get 5% + 4% = 9% Physical mitigation
    If it scales of buffs then I should get 5% + 7% =12% Physical mitigation

Just wanted to throw some tiny small numbers because it was late, and i didnt have anyone to run a expert.

So just on Single target mobs in Stillmoor,
    Mobs where hitting me for 96 physical with Guardian phase, Phantom blow... no GS up.
    After GS
    Mobs where hitting me for 87 physical

I think (87/96)*100 = 90.625
    100 - 90.625 = 9.375

So I think it scaling of base? can someone confirm the maths, cuz i'm crap with numbers.

2am so bed time :P

Plane Touched

I am nowhere near good enough to calculate the math as far as shadow guard is concerned base armor or total armor. We'll have to wait for the number crunchers to do that. In ANY case, it is a step in the right direction for physical mitigation.

Here's a problem - it scales 1% from every 1000 armor. That's a huge deadzone. If you have 9,928 armor, you get 9% from it. Make it scale from every point of endurance. 0.2% from every point of endurance or whatever you have to do. We shouldn't have to stack a thousand of any stat to see a scaling difference. Warriors don't sit at 68% block until they gather another 50 block rating. No. Block changes with every single point of block on gear.

If this talent is executed right, it can solve the physical mitigation problem. I still think we need this buff to mitigation AND a buff to avoidance. Come on, make improved guarded steel increase dodge and parry chance in a similarly scaling manner.

Otherwise, the changes to the tree and its synergy lok awesome so far.
    Last edited by Zarak; 09-10-2011 at 05:33 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Zarak View Post
    Come on, make improved guarded steel increase dodge and parry chance in a similarly scaling manner.
    I have nothing against giving us a bit more avoidance but the Riftstalker is not, and never has been, an avoidance tank. We want to avoid (lol see what I did there?) becoming an avoidance tank at all costs.

Changes look good. Hopefully they'll mess with the scaling, because this is only really 8-10% for most rogues, it needs to be closer to 28-30%
    I'M RIFTSTALKING YOUR MUM!

I've found that Warriors are like Feminists. They want equality when it suits them, but the rest of the time they want to be treated special.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftkiss View Post
    I think (87/96)*100 = 90.625
    100 - 90.625 = 9.375
    Well simply put 10% is 9.6 and theres a 9 dr and with your math it doesnt matter which way round u go you always end up with 90.625% of the damage reduced, of course this isn't accurate there are damage ranges.. but basically it is off base armour unless you missed something.

Needs testing with base armour, guardian phase, guarded steel and a def pot.

Shield of Telara

Some suggestions, and thanks for putting Phantom Blow on a cooldown and all 6% up front instead of 3 stacks.

1st - Can we get the duration of Rift Guard brought up to 60 seconds to bring it in line with the other defensive finishers that we have.

2nd - Planar Switch - Could we get this ability changed? Seriously not that many RS's even use this ability. My suggestion is too rename the skill Improved Planar Strike and merge Planar Strike with Planar Switch. So that we get an attack that will function like planar switch.

3rd - Phantom blow change it from awarding 1 combo point to 2. This would bring it in line with the other rogue souls in having an attack that awards 2 combo points.

4th - Consider changing back boosted recovery to 30% instead of 6%. I would suggest moving it up or in fact put it as a root 44 point skill so it wont get abused in pvp.

5th - Riftstalkers desperately need an energy regen skill. It wouldnt be inbalanced to give us one considering that our damage is low, and we need to use 10 attacks and 2 finishers in order to get our defenses up, and not to mention we need to use specials in order to generate threat. So putting in a passive skill that awards 10 energy each time we dodge would be very helpfull and would bring us in line with Warrior and Cleric.

6th - Riftstalkers need an interrupt just like all the other tank classes get.

7th - Lastly consider moving Bladedancers defensive skills to lower tiers, so that Riftstalkers can invest in them without losing a 51 point build in RS. Also just like you changed Rifstalker so that offensive Rogues would have something to take from Riftstalker I would like to ask that you would do the same thing for us. The other trees that dont have defensive skills I would like to suggest that they be put in there. Suggestions.

NightBlade - Tier 1 a passive skill that will increase thier parry rate by 10%.

Ranger - Change enduring to offer 2% hp boost to the player per rank instead of 1%.

Bards - Change street smarts to offer 2% lower chance on critical hit versus 1%.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Paikis View Post
    I have nothing against giving us a bit more avoidance but the Riftstalker is not, and never has been, an avoidance tank. We want to avoid (lol see what I did there?) becoming an avoidance tank at all costs.

Changes look good. Hopefully they'll mess with the scaling, because this is only really 8-10% for most rogues, it needs to be closer to 28-30%
    I think it's less about wanting RS to become an avoidance tank, and more about the giant headscratcher behind Rogues having the least avoidance of tanks.

Soulwalker

Just to note what I found changed for Riftstalker:

Phantom Blow - 10 second cooldown, applies 6% redux on first hit.

Rift Barrier - Absorbs all damage types, at 3 points still 15% of damage for 60% of health.

Rift Guard - as noted, now 10% increase to max absorb per point over 16.

Shadow Assault - Not sure if this was in the last round of changes, now 100% attack power bonus, no enhancing talent. Looks like a slight nerf to the damage range if Zam's copy is right (155 to 160 in PTS, 159 to 164 on ZAM), I'll check when I get back to live.

Shadow Guard - 1/2/3/4/5% physical mitigation, plus 1% per 1,000 armor.

Shadow Stalk - 10% perma damage bonus, +15% damage bonus and 50% threat redux after any shift.

Defer Death - Rogue's health cannot drop below 1 for 4 seconds, then applies a 100% damage absorbing shield for 50% rogue's health for 10 seconds.

That's everything I could find. Going to need to jot down some numbers to compare with live.

Also, for those keeping track, BD got some changes, including charge at 10 points and a buff to Contra Tempo making it 50/100% for combo points when using quick/precision strike, but I'll leave that for another thread.

Edit: Clarified rift barrier is all damage types, not all damage.
    Last edited by Talsiar; 09-10-2011 at 06:03 PM.

planar switch should be a passive ability. every time you change target and attack, it should transfer the combo points (essentially making the cp saved to the character). this would allow the rogue to tab target and planar strike smoothly and seamlessly, while still being able to keep up 5 cp finishers.

blade dancer's turn the tide should be a second tier ability.

shadow guard is a nice inclusion, but it needs to be substantially higher mitigation.

rift scavenger... maybe lower the hp return on scavenger, and make it on finisher use rather than mob death. like heals 5-10% of total hp over 5 seconds. while you may think this could be abused in pvp, consider that it is already on the third tier of RS. most pvp builds dont go this high. and lets say they do, on the high end, a rogue will have 7k hp in pvp gear. 5% of 7k hp would be 350, which would be 70 hp/sec. in otherwords, the only way to make this skill really viable is to have like 15k hp, which an RS would. then itd heal them for like 150 hp/sec. which is obviously less than a cleric heals themselves, but it at least gives the RS some sort of self healing options. even if you made it like 30% hp over 5 seconds, itd still not be as good as the damn trinket from a water raid rift lol.

Shield of Telara

On the test server with 5178 base armor.

I got hit for 40 damage with 20 absorbed.

40 - 35% Rift Guard = 26
    26 - 6% Phantom Blow = 24.44
    24.44 - 6% ER = 22.97
    22.97 - 5% Shadow Guard + 5% for 5k base armor = 20.67

So it appears that Shadow Guard just protects off of base armor.

Unfortunately this is nowhere near enough to make us competitive, considering that it scales way to slow at 1 point per 1k, when it should be at 1 per 500 armor. Next it is applied as a seperate damage reduction when it should be applied DIRECTLY to the physical mitigation provided by our armor.

The good news is that with the passives we have now and Rift Guard we are now mitigating damage comparable to a warriors block in my opinion, but we still need a boost in Armor rating. To get us closer we still need close to a 200+% bonus to Armor rating through Guardian Phase.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by charliekelly View Post
    planar switch should be a passive ability. every time you change target and attack, it should transfer the combo points (essentially making the cp saved to the character). this would allow the rogue to tab target and planar strike smoothly and seamlessly, while still being able to keep up 5 cp finishers.

blade dancer's turn the tide should be a second tier ability.

shadow guard is a nice inclusion, but it needs to be substantially higher mitigation.

rift scavenger... maybe lower the hp return on scavenger, and make it on finisher use rather than mob death. like heals 5-10% of total hp over 5 seconds. while you may think this could be abused in pvp, consider that it is already on the third tier of RS. most pvp builds dont go this high. and lets say they do, on the high end, a rogue will have 7k hp in pvp gear. 5% of 7k hp would be 350, which would be 70 hp/sec. in otherwords, the only way to make this skill really viable is to have like 15k hp, which an RS would. then itd heal them for like 150 hp/sec. which is obviously less than a cleric heals themselves, but it at least gives the RS some sort of self healing options. even if you made it like 30% hp over 5 seconds, itd still not be as good as the damn trinket from a water raid rift lol.
    Actually I like Rift Scavenger the way it is, perhaps what you are suggesting could be done for Boosted Recovery. Have it heal the Riftstalker whenever he uses a finisher for 3% for each combo point spent. Move it up higher in the tree so that it wont be abused and have it require Guardian Phase.

I used to love MTing on my Riftstalker for my guild, however, it is coming quite plain to see that with the recent changes to tanking, dps and other variables in 1.5, that the MT focus is always and will always be on the Warriors for skull dragging a guild through a dungeon.

Sure we can OT, or what ever, but who cares, Warriors can do the job ten fold now and its not going to get magically fixed over night with a massive amount of Armor, it just doesn't make sense, mechanically, too allow Rogues to offset the same amount of damage as a Warrior can.

It is quite plain to see that they want Riftstalkers to revolve around a DPS based tank with less survivability then that of a Warrior with these latest changes.

However, in saying this, if Trion get it right and gives us slightly higher DPS then Warriors, seeing we have more DPS soul tree's, it makes sence and I agree with it, but if they get it wrong and Warriors still maintain the highest DPS and can tank the entire game with thier hands tied behind thier backs compaired to Rogues DPS and ability to survive as MT, then no, I don't agree.

Quote Originally Posted by jereome View Post
    Actually I like Rift Scavenger the way it is, perhaps what you are suggesting could be done for Boosted Recovery. Have it heal the Riftstalker whenever he uses a finisher for 3% for each combo point spent. Move it up higher in the tree so that it wont be abused and have it require Guardian Phase.
    how could you possibly like rift scavenger where it is? its only useful on grinding 1-50. and thats only for reducing downtime between mobs. there could still be no downtime if they got healed when they used their finishers, rather than spamming cp generating abilities, trying to kill **** without using finishers, just to heal.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast