+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: Certainly on PTS Rift Launcher Window, First notes/indications of changes.

Champion of Telara

Default Certainly on PTS Rift Launcher Window, First notes/indications of changes.

RIFT 1.5 In-Progress Playstesting is underway!

PLEASE NOTE – The version of the Public Test Shard for today’s PvP test has some highly experimental class updates well. More details will be available in future update notes, when and if any of the changes are kept.

There are currently some smaller tweaks in play for Warriors and Clerics. One thing that Rogues will definitely notice is that they have received a fairly large update.

General gameplay goals for the Rogue update:

* Competitive PvE Alternatives to Sabodancer, both melee and ranged.
    * Competitive PvP DPS. You should fear seeing a Rogue the same way you see a Warrior. Of equal Prestige Rank, the two should be capable of providing a similar amount of PvP threat.
    * Survivability improvements. Some self heal improvements and vampiric-type Healing Siphons - Abilities that reduce the healing intake capacity of one's target, with a portion of the stolen amount going to the rogue.
    * Better synergies between souls
    * More utility without giving up the majority of their DPS to get it, bringing them closer in line to the flexibility that other callings have.
    * Large pack tanking improvements - Improvement to threat on multiple mobs
    * Running capacity remains -- BUT, Double-teleport-invulnerable runner (the "bugged" one) goes away.
    * Reduction in required reliance on "unfair" tactics (invuls, slips, etc) via adding true competitive power

Themes used to arrive at the goals:

* Marksman: No longer suffers an identity crisis around being the mobile-soul-that-requires-mostly-stationary-play. Pedestals are gone. Sniping remains. They get enchanted Ammo buffs (via their new "Munitions" line), and can bring one more ability into an AE rotation. New survivability as well. Better synergy.
    * Ranger: Synergizes with other souls better. No longer overly dependent on Shadow Fire.
    * Riftstalker: Offensively synergizes through +AP and reflect shields. Some new multi-target threat coolness here too. You should be able to take some RS without flooring your DPS, as melee souls' ability to close all currently lives in this tree.
    * Saboteur: Use of bombs should not be a DPS downgrade.
    * Bladedancer: Should be a viable in-your-face combat rogue.
    * Nightblade: Some more survivability, without having to rely on pure immunities.
    * Assassin: More up front damage, less reliance on super-long, annoying DoTs. Better poisons. Less "waste a finisher to apply a short buff." Slip away should not be a requirement to compete. Slip away will be receiving changes in a future update as well.
    * Bard: A little more low level survivability - More of a reason to take this as a 3rd solo soul if you're inclined to get some more survivability back.

* Full PTS notes to follow in the next couple of days.
    Last edited by potis; 09-06-2011 at 05:28 PM.

* Large pack tanking improvements - Improvement to threat on multiple mobs

* Riftstalker: Offensively synergizes through +AP and reflect shields. Some new multi-target threat coolness here too. You should be able to take some RS without flooring your DPS, as melee souls' ability to close all currently lives in this tree.

Last edited by Ianto Jones; 09-06-2011 at 05:33 PM.

Champion of Telara

Changes i already noticed:

Twilight Transcendence:

Removes curable effects, 50% less damage taken, 50% Maximum Health healed over 4 seconds.

Fell Blades:

Same as before on the -50% healing part, extra thing added:

The rogues gets healed for 20% of any heal the cursed enemy receives.

Shadow Fire:

Increases damage with Ranged Weapons by 13% for 25 seconds, increases by 1% for every point spent above 51.

Basically 50% increase on Ranged Weapon Damage.

Baneful Touch became a buff:

No longer a finisher, no cost, instant, increases all damage of weapon enchantments by 20%.

Enduring Brew:

No longer a dot, heals for 442, scales with attack power.

Poison Mastery:

Increases the attack power bonus of your poison-coated by 10% (At 0/5 so guessing 50% at 5/5)

Magnify Pain:

Increases your critical by 20% as before, with increasing healing bonus by 20% also.

Contra Tempo:

Quick Strike and Precision 50% chance at 2/2 for extra combo.

Gonna keep searching and post more in a bit.
    Last edited by potis; 09-06-2011 at 05:45 PM.

Champion of Telara

Primal Death:

Increases damage of your primal strike by 5/10/15%

Annihilate:

Increases attack power by 20% for 1 minute at 5 combo + some damage obviously

Planar Vortex (new, in the place of the improved Rift Barrier)

Whenever you plane shift 50% weapon damage on surrounding enemies for 4 seconds, generates a lot of threat, requires Guardian Stance.

Rift Barrier:

Absorbs bla bla of Physical damage in addition the damage absorbed is reflected to the enemy, does not stack with Rift Guard

Master Archer:

Whenever you are standing still +20% extra damage.

New 3 Weapon Enchants on MM:

14 points :Electrified Munitions : Old Master Archer it seems.

18 points:Invigorating Munitions: The ranged attacks give back 2 energy.
    36 points:Vampiric Munitions: Says the same as Electrified munitions, obviously some leech effect thought, wrong tooltip

51 point: Rending Munitions, Ignores 25% of the targets armor.
    Last edited by potis; 09-06-2011 at 05:57 PM.

Plane Touched

Looking like a good improvement so far. When I get a final list I may think of re subbing, as of right now I still do not believe it.
    Last edited by Madaam; 09-06-2011 at 05:56 PM.

LOL, I was about to get annoyed by people posting fake patch notes, but just saw the same thing. Good to know that the Dev's have not lost their sense of humor. Checking out Sab changes and will update in a few.
    Telarans on class balance: Rock is overpowered. Paper is fine. - Scissors

Champion of Telara

Enkhindle:

Increases the attack power bonus of your Fire based attacks by 10/20/30%
    Last edited by potis; 09-06-2011 at 05:59 PM.

Rift Chaser

lol they removed the damage from weapon barrage

Rift Disciple

keep them coming...thanks for the hope haha

Champion of Telara

Single Minded Focus:

Increases the damage of all single target attacks by 5%

Magnify pain always increased healing.... biggest change I like is the fell blades one and twighlight tran
    Warfronts need segregation of the Tiers. 1-5 and 6-8 or pre-50 pvp will be the most enjoyable PVP in the game.
    Run and Gun My *Boomstick* MM PVP Guide
    The Night Bomber PVP Spec + Rogue PVP Guide Compilation
    Blood and Fire Sin/NB PVP Guide

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by sanosuke View Post
    Magnify pain always increased healing.... biggest change I like is the fell blades one and twighlight tran
    Probably, some stuff are so useless to be in some places that i never noticed..or in proper words..After the "Increases Critical hit damage by 20%" i stopped reading cause its awesome enough since the first day i read it back in January on beta xD
    Last edited by potis; 09-06-2011 at 06:10 PM.

Ascendant

They have my attention with these preliminary notes.

Let's see if they really did go the distance and overhaul the calling like it needed to be.

Interesting though that Riftstalkers only get notes of AoE threat, not of their mitigation problems in HK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    I try to make everything I say signature worthy.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    RIFT 1.5 In-Progress Playstesting is underway!

* Ranger: Synergizes with other souls better. No longer overly dependent on Shadow Fire.
    Oh and please improve Pets!!! A 51 Ranger should have a very awesome pet that people need to be afraid of.
    Last edited by Jibikaorift; 09-06-2011 at 06:15 PM.

w0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000000000000000000000000000000000t

ranged specs seem like they are gonna be decent now.
    Last edited by Blakjak02; 09-06-2011 at 06:15 PM.
    Blakjak
    Liquidus - Defiant - Keenblade

Message me in the game if you want to chat...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast