+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree90Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Planar Attunement Feedback

Plane Touched

Looked at the system and had a few questions in addition to those I've read in the thread so far.

1 - how many points are awarded for a level?
    2 - can you spend points in all 6 planes simultaneously?
    3 - to unlock adjacent hexes, do you need to purchase 1 rank, or all ranks?
    4 - clerics get masteries for every weapon they can use except warhammers. Is there any reason for this?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Randhi View Post
    Looked at the system and had a few questions in addition to those I've read in the thread so far.

1 - how many points are awarded for a level?
    2 - can you spend points in all 6 planes simultaneously?
    3 - to unlock adjacent hexes, do you need to purchase 1 rank, or all ranks?
    4 - clerics get masteries for every weapon they can use except warhammers. Is there any reason for this?
    1.) I don't know, I'll find out tomorrow as I'm 3 bars from AA 1
    2.) Yes
    3.) I think all, but not sure on this
    4.) That sounds like an oversight. And its kind of a bad one since I'm using a warhammer right now.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

Telaran

Have done a bunch of quests and none of them gave any xp.

Finished a daily quest in stillmoor. Nothing
    Did a quest that dropped from a mob called Beholden to the past. Nothing
    Did 3 regular quests. Living on the Edge, Dirty Job and Hand them Over. Nothing

Also got a suggestion.
    Maybe add a cap on how many mobs can be grinded each day for xp. Or we will se clerics grind it all in one day.
    Or remove the xp from mobs completly in the open world and only from instance mobs T1+

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Sebb View Post
    Specialization in weapons. DON'T DO THIS! It's a great idea and I support it, but your game itemization does not. I can do more dmg with polearms. Awesome. Anyone find a polearm in HK yet? No didn't think so. OOH 2h axe. Great! Nope no 2h axes in T2s. Good luck waiting to get soul reaper from Alsbeth. Point is, there are not enough weapon drops in the game for you to be choosy about specializing.
    There is a Polearm that drops in HK... Its one of the Relics that drops off of Akilyos

Quote Originally Posted by Gersh_Trion View Post
    Is there a particular quest you had this issue with? Some quests may be flagged to grant no XP, but in general all XP sources should work with AA

-Gersh
    Dragonslayer dailys

Quote Originally Posted by Fuuin View Post
    Have done a bunch of quests and none of them gave any xp.

Also got a suggestion.
    Maybe add a cap on how many mobs can be grinded each day for xp. Or we will se clerics grind it all in one day.
    Or remove the xp from mobs completly in the open world and only from instance mobs T1+
    Have you gone out and ground any mobs for exp? I think anyone would be lucky to grind even a single upgrade in a day. I'd think they were insane if they did.

Currently, the amount of points required and the experience required per point will make this feel like a serious grindfest, IMO. Personally, I want it to take a few months to finish, depending on when the next tier is planned. But this will take ages.

The biggest issue I have with it, however, is the lack of anything truly exciting in there. Trion has regularly impressed me with their creativity since launch. Something needs to be added to these trees that makes people look at them and go "Ooooh! I really want that!" It doesn't have to even be something directly related to combat.

For example, make a special final ability for each tier that gives something special. It could be a utility ability that is not overpowered. It could be a upgrade to the specific planar lure for that tree that makes it summon a special rift with unique loot/consumables/etc. You Trion devs have yet to really disappoint me, so I'm sure you can come up with something.

But this ho-hum bonus stuff won't cut it. Should it be there? DEFINITELY! It seems fairly well balanced, too (once you get rid of the bugged stuff and going by what we know isn't bugged). It's not overpowering, but gives nice bonuses.

But without that special item of interest in these trees that makes a player look at them and go: "Oh, snap!", I doubt this feature will meet the expectations that the community has developed for quality.

Looking forward to more testing on this soon!
    Guild Leader of Alpha Legion, Evil Prankster, and Killer of Critters

Hmm so what i'm reading here is all the planes are basically the same, and all the attunement bonuses are minor upgrades to stats/damage.

This is not what most of us were expecting at all. So instead of this having some "fluff" items and way to modify talents, it's going to be a grind to get some minor stat increases? If that's the case, you might as well just up the level cap then because this is not alternative advancement that sounds good or fun or helping player customization at all.

Although there may be some more interesting stuff in tier 2 and 3 as one poster suggested, Trion, do you really want to launch Planar Attunement (Alternate Advancement) like this?

I think most players would love the option to spec into some "fluff", weather it's new weapon glows, or new abilities that are like racials on cooldown.

Please keep the info and feedback coming guys, would love to hear more.

Idea for water attunement fluff ability... Make it rain in your current zone!

But yeah, the planes need more differences between them. They're all bland stat upgrades as they stand right now.

500k exp I think is a good choice. And those that don't think it is didn't go around getting xp when it was 100k.

One thing I'd like to know, are your plans to just end at 3 tiers of attunement or will there be even more later on down the road? My assumption is that there will be more, but I specifically ask because of the UI and how it should look now for anticipation of future updates to the system past 3 tiers.

Ooo, also maybe in later tiers, make it possible to have that ground effect that comes from rifts/invasions around you as your walking around =P
    Last edited by Koredan; 09-03-2011 at 03:28 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by -HellsWrath- View Post
    Have you gone out and ground any mobs for exp? I think anyone would be lucky to grind even a single upgrade in a day. I'd think they were insane if they did.

Currently, the amount of points required and the experience required per point will make this feel like a serious grindfest, IMO. Personally, I want it to take a few months to finish, depending on when the next tier is planned. But this will take ages.
    I have killed mobs yes. And as a rogue i can kill mobs 1 at a time at a decent rate with some downtime. But as a cleric i can kill 10 mobs at a time with no downtime. So unless Trian gives all classes a spec to kill 10+ mobs at a time with no downtime i stand by what i said.

If only mobs in t1+ instances gave the xp we would see a decrease in queue times on the lfg tool also wich would benefit everyone.

Keep the xp reward from quests and such but just remove the xp from open world non elite mobs.
    Last edited by Fuuin; 09-03-2011 at 03:44 AM.

The description is confused yet and the user interface by window is still ugly.

"Increase Spell Power by 0 while wielding a Wand."

This seens little strange to me because all mages uses wand. What that means?

Why we cant see rank 2 and rank 3 yet? We should see that. There is no menssage confirmation?

My sugestions:

Make better and more beautiful ui. Use less discrete gray on bars. Change the cristals inside the honeycomb coluns or/and Let the collors more strong changing the gray unlock honeycomb to the same collor of element, like the rank 1. Let the attunement points with better visuals. Fire and Earth icons looks inadequates.

Good luck
    Rift 2.6's - Things I miss a lot in Rift: 1. No lock raids or boss, only lock drops and tokens. 2. I want a button to visit to other servers more easily. 3. Too low FPS yet. Fix Rift Client please. 4. Fair PVP, too much unbalance and crap healing war.
    - Thinks i like most right now: 1. Hailol Footholds 2. Flexible builds 3. Mage tanking comming .

Quote Originally Posted by Samfortal View Post
    Why we cant see rank 2 and rank 3 yet? We should see that. There is no menssage confirmation?
    Know Issues / Features

Tiers 2 & 3 bonuses are locked for initial launch of the system. These bonuses will unlock with later content
    Rogue Tank
    Raid Tier 1: 4/4 Conquerors | Raid Tier 2: 2/2 Conquerors
    Infernal Dawn: 5/8 (HM) | Primeval Feast: 0/?
    Prestige: 40/40

Grinding mobs and doing instances are basically the only ways to make levels ATM. I have done basically 4 levels just doing the chronicle over and over and doing some elite farming.

Rank 2/3 3/3 weapon upgrades for Clerics are still bugged and show 0 Spell Power for each rank, I have not learned one to see if spell power is actually increased by anything.
    Rank 2/4 3/4 4/4 stat upgrades show that they would update by 1 per rank, but I have not learned them yet to see if the stats actually increase by the levels stated.
    Last edited by Blottica; 09-03-2011 at 03:59 AM.

Plane Touched

Getting whole 500k to get a lure is stupid imho ;s I think level up should add like 101 points and entry lures cost 1 point. Or something like that ..
    Elwinz@Whitefall EU Defiant Warrior r8/8

Gsb 5/5 RoS 4/4 GP 4/4

Quote Originally Posted by Rizz View Post
    Know Issues / Features

Tiers 2 & 3 bonuses are locked for initial launch of the system. These bonuses will unlock with later content
    This seems odd tbh though. Clearly this is very grindy and with how grindy it is, at least at the first level seems a bit under powered. Now if the next couple tiers have more "oomph" this could make sense, but without knowing what these tiers contain there isn't really a way for us to make suggestions as to the effort required.

Plane Touched

Under powered? The skills amount to wearing another piece of gear or two while giving you a few useful abilities (opening rifts of a certain type, mount cast speed, etc.) Mount cast speed will be great for PvP.

I plan on grinding out at least one full honeycomb myself shortly after release.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast