+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Warfronts will not worth grinding anymore. Rift is not worth playing anymore.

Rift Disciple

Exclamation Warfronts will not worth grinding anymore. Rift is not worth playing anymore.

People grind to get a big advantage over other players. It is what drives them. If you make it so a few HK pieces can come close to matching the benefit of being Rank 8 in PVP, then it makes it so people do not want to grind out those war fronts. Of course the people who had no intention of grinding it out are voicing that they happy, but it is fleeting. The die-hard pvpers (like myself) are going to simply quit.
    Last edited by Shermhead; 08-31-2011 at 08:36 AM.

P6+ will have about 250-300 valor advantage over P4 plus extra dps.
    Last edited by Blays; 08-31-2011 at 08:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torvax View Post
    Im an R8 Cleric.
    1 Rogue can annihilate 2 healing clerics together-Cross healing doesnt work against a rog. .

Lets just be honest - most PVPers I know are willing to put in huge amounts of work and effort in order to have relatively small (but cumulative) bonuses over others. There's no need for "huge advantages".

-Liang

Quote Originally Posted by Shermhead View Post
    People grind to get a big advantage over other players. It is what drives them. If you make it so a few HK pieces can come close to matching the benefit of being Rank 8 in PVP, then it makes it so people do not want to grind out those war fronts. Of course the people who had no intention of grinding it out are voicing that they happy, but it is fleeting. The die-hard pvpers (like myself) are going to simply quit.
    If you were a die hard pvper you would like more competition and a more challenging opponent. You are just a grinder hiding under the guise of "Hard Core PvPer" so you can feel better about your desire to essentially be a level 50 vs level 33s.

Play the game to play, not gear up. If you want a cheaper alternative to Rift i can make you a scripted excel sheet where you click buttons in certain patterns and numbers periodically go up. Does that sound exciting to you?

INb4 - LOL GO PLAY FPS... some of us like playing pvp in these kind of games with builds, positioning and abilities you mouth breating troglodytes with a slight advantage to superior gear. MMOs used to not revolve solely around insane stat levels, ridiculous mudflation and gear progression.

Guildwarstwo@Faeblight - Rogue
    Aesthetic@Faeblight - Mage
    Toms@Faeblight - Rogue
    Solemnity@Faeblight - Cleric
    Skill@Faeblight - Warrior

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by weakest View Post
    if you were a die hard pvper you would like more competition and a more challenging opponent. You are just a grinder hiding under the guise of "hard core pvper" so you can feel better about your desire to essentially be a level 50 vs level 33s.

Play the game to play, not gear up. If you want a cheaper alternative to rift i can make you a scripted excel sheet where you click buttons in certain patterns and numbers periodically go up. Does that sound exciting to you?

Inb4 - lol go play fps... Some of us like playing pvp in these kind of games with builds, positioning and abilities you mouth breating troglodytes with a slight advantage to superior gear. Mmos used to not revolve solely around insane stat levels, ridiculous mudflation and gear progression.
    ^this^

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Weakest View Post
    If you were a die hard pvper you would like more competition and a more challenging opponent. You are just a grinder hiding under the guise of "Hard Core PvPer" so you can feel better about your desire to essentially be a level 50 vs level 33s.

Play the game to play, not gear up. If you want a cheaper alternative to Rift i can make you a scripted excel sheet where you click buttons in certain patterns and numbers periodically go up. Does that sound exciting to you?

INb4 - LOL GO PLAY FPS... some of us like playing pvp in these kind of games with builds, positioning and abilities you mouth breating troglodytes with a slight advantage to superior gear. MMOs used to not revolve solely around insane stat levels, ridiculous mudflation and gear progression.
    War will always have cannon fodder. Maybe if you didn't have so many alts you wouldn't be fodder asking Trion for welfare.

War will always have cannon fodder. Maybe if you didn't have so many alts you wouldn't be fodder asking Trion for welfare.
    What does having alts have to do with being fodder. Are you touched in the head child? Does having alts automatically make you low Prestige or have a lack of Valor? Until you can contribute towards a thread in a meaningful fashion I suggest you just avoid the rift forums altogether.

Guildwarstwo@Faeblight - Rogue
    Aesthetic@Faeblight - Mage
    Toms@Faeblight - Rogue
    Solemnity@Faeblight - Cleric
    Skill@Faeblight - Warrior

Ascendant

If you are quitting because you can't one shot people way below you then you are not a hardcore pvper. You are a hardcore griefer.

If you really fancy yourself a hardcore pvper, stick around and see how good you really are. I challenge you to give it a shot, you might find it alot more fun than beating people who have no shot of denting you.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

Rift Disciple

Default you are moron

really?? like the raiders dont work hard to get their gear, all u did in pvp is exactly what u said, grind, no strategy you just have to be there and you get credit, actually takes skill to raid, plus hammerknell gear doesnt have valor so why would you use them in pvp anyway, you are amazingly moronic, hope you do quit cya.

You do HK for the BiS weapon. HK raiders will always have a HUGE advantage over your hardcore pvpers.

The point here was and obviously many missed it is this... if raiders do not need to do PVP for a BiS. Then there will be less folks in the WF queues. This means a longer wait between warfronts. As it is on my shard you have to wait up to 12 minutes or longer for a warfront.

Now remove all the carebears from the queues. This means a pvper has to now wait even longer to pvp.

Trions move to make it so PVEers do not have to pvp is a horrible idea. Though they are asking hardcore PVPers to become Hardcore raiders.

The big picture is this: Trion messed up... PvP was an after-thought add-on to this game. They never developed a solid 'balanced' PvP environment. Now they are trying to fix the broken system with a bandaid that is just that. Over time it will fall off and have to be replaced with another. Can they get it right sure... will they do it before folks leave for SWtoR or GuildWars 2... unlikely. However they do move quickly and have suprised and impressed me on many fronts so I haven't lost total faith in Trion yet. Even thought this is one EPIC F-up

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Warking View Post
    You do HK for the BiS weapon. HK raiders will always have a HUGE advantage over your hardcore pvpers.

The point here was and obviously many missed it is this... if raiders do not need to do PVP for a BiS. Then there will be less folks in the WF queues. This means a longer wait between warfronts. As it is on my shard you have to wait up to 12 minutes or longer for a warfront.

Now remove all the carebears from the queues. This means a pvper has to now wait even longer to pvp.

Trions move to make it so PVEers do not have to pvp is a horrible idea. Though they are asking hardcore PVPers to become Hardcore raiders.
    Following your initial logic... Rank 8 gear shouldnt be BiS for PVP unless you raid for it.... I mean thats only fair if Raiders have to PVP for BiS, PVPers should have to raid right? (Yea I know T2 raid relic weapons are BiS for both... so 1 slot out of how many?)

I love that raiders wont have to pvp for BiS... I want to raid/PVE, I really don't enjoy pvp but I have been doing it because it's 5x easier/faster to gear in rank 7/8 pvp gear and just grab some extra +hit items/enchantes (or in my case just use the pvp gear tank healing I dont hit). Why should gear that joe blow can mindlessly grind pvp for be the equivelent or better then PVE raid gear that a group of 20 people have coordinated, organized, planned, for; and eventualy earned...

Look at the amount of people in full HK gear vs the amount of people in full rank 7/8... Which one do you think is easier to get.....

Even with the changes, the rank 7/8gear still beats out many T1 raid items, so it's still the easiest way to improve your raids DPS for HK progression... Meaning people will still want to PVP for PVE
    Last edited by Hope; 09-01-2011 at 07:47 AM.

Soulwalker

Default Pve now has no reason to pvp????

I still think pve'rs will be doing wf's even though the pvp gear is now not BIS, Reasons being once you have t1/2 raid gear theres not much else you want to do outside of raids which take up about 3 hr's a night maybe 3/4 nights a week, Thats alot of left over time till fill in which will mostly be pvping. Atm u do 1 random t2 a day for the marks (if needed).

I reckon the valor/vengeance changes are a good thing. And look forward to playing with them on my p4,p3 and p2 toons.

Also ppl stop with the complaining, A game that stays still gets boring, Changes aren't always for the better but they keep things interesting and make you try new things to adapt to the changes and anyone that can't do that shouldn't be playing. I say '0' macro slots and get back to players using skill not 1-2 button mashing and thinking ur leet.

Im looking forward to 1.5 and reckon you guys at trion are doing a wonderful job with content.

Keep up the good work

TJ

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by TJ Demigod View Post
    I still think pve'rs will be doing wf's even though the pvp gear is now not BIS, Reasons being once you have t1/2 raid gear theres not much else you want to do outside of raids which take up about 3 hr's a night maybe 3/4 nights a week, Thats alot of left over time till fill in which will mostly be pvping. Atm u do 1 random t2 a day for the marks (if needed).

I reckon the valor/vengeance changes are a good thing. And look forward to playing with them on my p4,p3 and p2 toons.

Also ppl stop with the complaining, A game that stays still gets boring, Changes aren't always for the better but they keep things interesting and make you try new things to adapt to the changes and anyone that can't do that shouldn't be playing. I say '0' macro slots and get back to players using skill not 1-2 button mashing and thinking ur leet.

Im looking forward to 1.5 and reckon you guys at trion are doing a wonderful job with content.

Keep up the good work

TJ
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This
    Part of it is I've become so use to queing up for PVP to improve my PVE gear (bleh) that I just auto que when I log on... But honestly as TJ said. Some of us PVE players will continue to enter pvp just for something to do.

Diehard PvPers like yourself did warfronts exclusively for gear?

That's funny.
    Officer of Legacy, Keenblade.

Prestige Rank 8 -- 4/10 HK -- Rogue

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Satiar View Post
    Diehard PvPers like yourself did warfronts exclusively for gear?

That's funny.
    Die hard PvErs like me are doing warfronts exclusively for PvE gear! Thats also funny... in a differnt way
    Last edited by Hope; 09-01-2011 at 08:09 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast