+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: PTS 1.4 In-Progress Notes #3 - 7/22/11

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Deathandtaxes View Post
    ye,ye and you can **** with your GW threatening s**t already!!

Warriors are working as intended (2 bad there's no 2h equivalent specc 2 atm),clerics will also work as intended after the nerf to the faceroll instant cast,spamable heals and mages will also work as intended after they tune down the monstrously OP and complete shut down and faceroll trio skill : shackles+split personality+transference!!

So yea things are going into the right way!
    Not far enough.

5-10% off heals is insufficient
    Parachamp is ludicrous. pyro was ludicrous and it took 2 patches of us repeatedly teling trion it was ludicrous before they realised it. Now its parachamp and they really need to learn to listen.
    Mages is always hard to tell - the whine and cry about everything but hopefully the dom nerf is enough.
    Buffing assassins - really not needed and I think will push them over the edge into silly overpowered.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Auchter View Post
    Not far enough.

Mages is always hard to tell - the whine and cry about everything but hopefully the dom nerf is enough.
    Other then Dom/mayb chloro/lock, what does Mage really have that shines in PVP??

Other then.... ok Im stuck on this one... What does mage have that shines for PVE-raid (Archon does not count)
    Last edited by Hope; 07-23-2011 at 08:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hope View Post
    Other then Dom/mayb chloro/lock, what does Mage really have that shines in PVP??

Other then.... ok Im stuck on this one... What does mage have that shines for PVE-raid (Archon does not count)
    Chloro and Archon

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by joker225 View Post
    Chloro and Archon
    For raiding?? 1 archon per raid, I like chloros but Im looking for some sorta DPS or something like that

Are we going to get Triple Buffering option? It's pretty much necessary to reduce input lag that is created by VSync. Please implement this!

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Amary View Post
    * Bind on Pickup items can now be traded to other eligible characters within 30 minutes of looting the item.
    This might be abused.
    Three friends who queue together can "pool" their Need rolls to get an individual within that three a highly desirable drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Greed View Post
    As a rogue, I completely agree with the lost hope part.
    But being able to blink and/or dash while in possession of a flag or other carrieable things in a warfront is working as intended and can be done by other callings as well.
    Yes I am a rogue also.

How can you say its remotely balanced that a rogue can pick up the flag, run toward 15 enemy players, blink twice, appear on the other side of them, turn on their run speed buff and disappear out of sight without taking a single point of damage?

Please, please do something about valor Trion. Segregating servers based on world play style rules is one thing, but segregating servers between pve and pvp is just bad. Either get rid of it or at least give us ways to beat it or up prestige gain or something. Right now even as an adamant pvp player i'm finding this valor stat to be a deal breaker, and a lot of other players are too. Please just let the bad idea go and replace it with something else. Half of my guild is threatening to quite if valor is unchanged when ranks seven and eight come out, and I got to admit its hard to find reasons to stay if it isn't. As it stands one player can kill 5-6 other players with pvp gear at rank six without dying, with seven and eight they won't be touchable except by other top ranked players. By gear alone. This is not a formula for keeping long term players Trion.
    I cut through the gears of destiny to forge my own fate.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainBlood View Post
    Yes I am a rogue also.

How can you say its remotely balanced that a rogue can pick up the flag, run toward 15 enemy players, blink twice, appear on the other side of them, turn on their run speed buff and disappear out of sight without taking a single point of damage?
    High mitigation, 2 full heals, magic debuff remover is your answer my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by joker225 View Post
    High mitigation, 2 full heals, magic debuff remover is your answer my friend.
    what?

/10char

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Deathandtaxes View Post
    after they tune down the monstrously OP and complete shut down and faceroll trio skill : shackles+split personality+transference!!
    yeah cause it's not OP at all to chain kill mages in 3-GCDs while running at +50% speed spamming incurable AOE 50% heal debuffs and fears, is it?

God forbid you should have a chance to die to a mage once every 1min 30secs when your fear is down and you aren't able to 3GCD the mage, right?

currently on PTS as the new crafted gear stands it is superior to T3 gear when augmented with purple primary stat augments (excluding tank armor and weapons)

I'm assuming this is intended, and as much as an on-ramp is needed for hammerknell that feels like a slap in the face to all the people that have done the T3 content or are currently running through GSB/RoS in their raid progression.

at least they still have to raid for weapons.....
    Windstorm - Mage - Faeblight US
    Hi, I'm back!
    Faeblight since CB3

Quote Originally Posted by Araenn View Post
    currently on PTS as the new crafted gear stands it is superior to T3 gear when augmented with purple primary stat augments (excluding tank armor and weapons)

I'm assuming this is intended, and as much as an on-ramp is needed for hammerknell that feels like a slap in the face to all the people that have done the T3 content or are currently running through GSB/RoS in their raid progression.

at least they still have to raid for weapons.....
    It's only 2 items, chest and shoulders, neither of which have focus/hit. It's also ridiculously expensive to make, + it takes almost a week to gather the required mats on your own as the material recipes have a 24h cd.
    -The Unnamed- Defiant
    Vayra - Mage
    Forkrul - Cleric
    Kalyth - FOTM warrior in training, 5k pvp kills at lvl 28

Soulwalker

Default No Fixes for the hang-ups though

As I still get the "I can see the main menu, but no characters appear" problem, I am pleased that the rest of your fan base can get access to RIFT, but for some of us who still cannot login, this is still a serious problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Vayra View Post
    It's only 2 items, chest and shoulders, neither of which have focus/hit. It's also ridiculously expensive to make, + it takes almost a week to gather the required mats on your own as the material recipes have a 24h cd.
    I understand the time and material/cost investment required, however it remains that these are easily attainable by a single individual in a matter of a couple weeks with some effort, compared to the several weeks of raiding it would take previously to get anything remotely comparable, and even then it required teamwork to achieve the kills for that gear.

the focus/hit toughness is not an issue except for the tank and weapon recipes as stated, in fact the rings have hit and focus that in 1 case exceeds T3, or is comparable.

had this been introduced after more guilds were farther through the currently existing raid cycle, it would be less of an issue, but in this case it immediately cheapens the experience for those guilds still partway through the T3 raid cycle (and there are more partway through than cleared, by far); some will say that gear shouldn't be the objective for raiding, and that its the experience of the raid that is its own reward, and while this is true for some, that epic loot remains one of the drivers behind raid content, whether we like to deny it or not, because as people we enjoy being rewarded for achieving a goal.

a better method of handling this might have been to introduce these items at a Raid Rift reward quality level ("T2.5") and then give them another pass later on in a later patch to the current quality level seen on test. time really does make the difference in this case.
    Windstorm - Mage - Faeblight US
    Hi, I'm back!
    Faeblight since CB3

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast