+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 48

Thread: Lost Hope exploiting in Codex - STILL NOT FIXED?

  1. #1
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    99

    Default Lost Hope exploiting in Codex - STILL NOT FIXED?

    This is getting a bit ridiculous. Has it been something like 11 patches with no fix to this obviously broken feature in Codex? Interrupting you eventhough you're immune, thus making it impossible to cap the flag.

    How come a developer hasn't even recognized the fact that this is a problem, and it's been an issue for a long time.

  2. #2
    Rift Chaser Shinigam1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    385

    Default

    Important to note that it's not even a problem because you get interrupted while immune, but that 3 people can be interrupted constantly by an invisible enemy.

  3. #3
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,177

    Default

    This game mechanic is absolutely ******ed and should be changed. I have recently made a rogue and i abuse this non stop in hopes that enough complaints will finally get Trion to change it. My rogue isn't 50 so the level of play isn't that high in the warfronts i've been playing, but often even groups of 4 people do not have the coordination to cap a flag that I am protecting in stealth.
    Last edited by Seether; 07-16-2011 at 12:51 PM.

  4. #4
    Ascendant VirusDancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurtdh View Post
    This is getting a bit ridiculous. Has it been something like 11 patches with no fix to this obviously broken feature in Codex? Interrupting you eventhough you're immune, thus making it impossible to cap the flag.

    How come a developer hasn't even recognized the fact that this is a problem, and it's been an issue for a long time.
    It was with the 1.3 Patch:

    * Interacting with objects in Warfronts (the Fang of Regulos, Sourcestone, Flags from the Codex) will now be interrupted when a hostile action is taken against a player under the effects of an Absorption shield, Damage Immunity, guarunteed Avoidance, or is under immunity to an effect due to diminishing returns. Hostile actions include damaging abilities, auto-attacks, stuns, interrupts, fears, mesmerize, and knockbacks. For Damage over Time effects, only the first tick will trigger an interruption on an object interaction.

    There should be a CD on Lost Hope. One might ask why not a CD on Incapacitate as well then? Lost Hope has a 20m range - Incap has a 3m range. One comes at 8pts and one at 10pts...root abilities. Should 2 root pts provide that 20m range?

    The 1.3 change was needed - but they should have done a little QA check on it to see what needed some tweaking to implement it. Such as Lost Hope...
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

  5. #5
    Sword of Telara Chancellor Gowron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    803

    Default

    I did a lot of immune nightblade capping in 1.0 & 1.1, (even using blackout to cap codex with 10 people attacking me) and some cleric shield capping in 1.2 and yes it was overpowered and needed to be fixed. This lost hope thing breaks codex worse than the things they fixed with this patch. At least with the old immune capping there were certain abilities that could interrupt it regardless. The current lost hope abuse is clearly an unintended consequence of that fix. I don't understand how anyone can argue that it should be allowed.

  6. #6
    Sez
    Sez is offline
    Ascendant Sez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,142

    Default

    Working

    As

    Intended
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

    - Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

  7. #7
    Sword of Telara Chancellor Gowron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    803

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    Working

    As

    Intended
    Please show me a statement from a dev who clearly understands how lost hope is being used to interrupt 3+ players indefinitely and thinks that this is okay.

  8. #8
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    814

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chancellor Gowron View Post
    Please show me a statement from a dev who clearly understands how lost hope is being used to interrupt 3+ players indefinitely and thinks that this is okay.
    first off. i fully agree with you, even as a rogue with lost hope, this needs to be changed.

    that being said:

    * Interacting with objects in Warfronts (the Fang of Regulos, Sourcestone, Flags from the Codex) will now be interrupted when a hostile action is taken against a player under the effects of an Absorption shield, Damage Immunity, guarunteed Avoidance, or is under immunity to an effect due to diminishing returns. Hostile actions include damaging abilities, auto-attacks, stuns, interrupts, fears, mesmerize, and knockbacks. For Damage over Time effects, only the first tick will trigger an interruption on an object interaction.


    basicly, if youre interacting with a flag and you get hit with a CC, even if youre immune to CCs, you get interupted. directly from them :-/

  9. #9
    Ascendant VirusDancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chancellor Gowron View Post
    Please show me a statement from a dev who clearly understands how lost hope is being used to interrupt 3+ players indefinitely and thinks that this is okay.
    It is a waste of time to discuss such things with Sez... he's a Rogue.

    Think about the Pyro's that said things were working as intended.
    Think about the Healer's that said things were working as intended.

    Etc...it is the same ol' same ol' for some people.

    Some that play something acknowledge there is an issue... others, well... they WAI/L2P things.
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

  10. #10
    Ascendant VirusDancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seyon View Post
    first off. i fully agree with you, even as a rogue with lost hope, this needs to be changed.

    that being said:

    * Interacting with objects in Warfronts (the Fang of Regulos, Sourcestone, Flags from the Codex) will now be interrupted when a hostile action is taken against a player under the effects of an Absorption shield, Damage Immunity, guarunteed Avoidance, or is under immunity to an effect due to diminishing returns. Hostile actions include damaging abilities, auto-attacks, stuns, interrupts, fears, mesmerize, and knockbacks. For Damage over Time effects, only the first tick will trigger an interruption on an object interaction.

    basicly, if youre interacting with a flag and you get hit with a CC, even if youre immune to CCs, you get interupted. directly from them :-/
    Yep. If you are Control CC Immune and are hit with a Stun, Fear, etc - you are not stunned nor feared - but you are interrupted. If you are Movement CC Immune and are hit with a Knockback - you're not knocked back; but you are interrupted.

    The thing is for every other CC out there (including Incap) - there are possible repercussions for using the ability. Sitting out at 20m with Lost Hope... not so much.
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

  11. #11
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    814

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VirusDancer View Post
    It is a waste of time to discuss such things with Sez... he's a Rogue.

    Think about the Pyro's that said things were working as intended.
    Think about the Healer's that said things were working as intended.

    Etc...it is the same ol' same ol' for some people.

    Some that play something acknowledge there is an issue... others, well... they WAI/L2P things.
    hey, post right above yours. im a rogue. hey. i think it needs to be fixed as well.

    i only use it as a means of keeping the other team from using it. as such, i'll /y that i'll start if i see them doing it. often they will stop, often they wont. if they dont do it then i'll never do it. <shrug> all and all, it isnt fun for anyone, its cheap, and ive only once -ever- been popped out of stealth doing it (usually the only way to beat me doing it is get 5+ people) then i'll run in, AoE and slip away.

  12. #12
    Sword of Telara Chancellor Gowron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    803

    Default

    If Sez just means that the ability is functioning properly according to the patch notes and thus is arguing semantics and that it should not be referred to specifically as a "bug" or "exploit" then I can agree with that. Quibbling over semantics, however, takes away from the discussion of whether or not this ability is conducive to balanced game play and I believe that it is not.

  13. #13
    Ascendant Pines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,512

    Default

    He's just epic trolling.
    what is this I don't even

  14. #14
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    330

    Default

    Pft.

    Spending entire WFs completely invisible and hamstringing entire teams and strategies because of ONE SPELL is skill, didn't you know?

    Sucks when the only effective strategy against this is insulting the rogue constantly til he says something so you can find him by the floating text. This, kind developers, is one of those things in games that forces players to break immersion. Not good in an RPG.

  15. #15
    Plane Walker Rivellana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Posts
    432

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stewy View Post
    Sucks when the only effective strategy against this is insulting the rogue constantly til he says something so you can find him by the floating text. This, kind developers, is one of those things in games that forces players to break immersion. Not good in an RPG.
    LMFAO! That's exactly what I do. And generally I taunt them to the point that in order to feel man enough they'll say something or pop out and attack. Eventually.

    Rivellana - R7 Eth Cleric (Retired)
    Lexxii - R6 Dwarf Cleric

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts