+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cross-Shard LFG needs a stricter loot system

Banned

Default Cross-Shard LFG needs a stricter loot system

Everyone knows the bs that will come with a cross-shard LFG system. Right now the only way to avoid things like people hitting NEED on every item is to play with a said person before hand and either put them on the ignore list or kick them after 10 mins. I feel it would be much better to have a sort of tiered system for loot mangement that you can either set in your normal portrait settings thingy or have the team vote on a tier. So something like

Tier 0: Normal system, nothing changed
    Tier 1: You can NEED on ANY item but items that are class specific, those classes are given highest priority. Recipes are effected by what professions you have for this tier and subsequent tiers.
    Tier 2: You can only NEED on an item if that item is for your current class. Rings, Necklaces and Trinkets are not effected.
    Tier 3: You can only NEED on an item if that item has the highest stat that is designed for your class. ie STR for Warriors, Dex for Rogues, INT for Mages, WIS for Clerics.
    Tier 4: Same as Tier 3 but items designed for healers and tanks (like trinkets) are prioritized to players that were chosen for those roles.

This is just an outline of what a cross-shard LFG system needs to run smoothly. If not, there will be a lot of dropped parties and just a general bad mood towards the system. If something like this is not implemented then I pray that the ignore list doesnt have a cap, because mine is already pretty big with plat spammers.
    Last edited by Vindicit; 07-13-2011 at 07:09 PM.

Plane Touched

Really... Ppl asks for anonymous dungeoneering and they really have no clue on what comes "with the bundle"?

Well... Lootwhoring will be one of the consequences of anonymous dungeoneering...

...If you go around with a "strict loot" setting (A good idea, in fact, btw), the solution of the lootwhore will be simple... Will kick you 1st if he/she is the leader. Going to be funny to see.

I was afraid of this at the very moment the LFG tool was so detailedly created...

...I'm afraid Trion is not aware about the cascade effects this will trigger (or worse is aware and do not care).

And for all ppl wondering... No it will not fix the wait times (At least for experts... It will do for leveling dungeons, maybe) this will require another change that will trigger the cascade effect I'm concerned about.
    Last edited by Khumoth; 07-14-2011 at 12:05 AM.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Vindicit View Post
    Everyone knows the bs that will come with a cross-shard LFG system. Right now the only way to avoid things like people hitting NEED on every item is to play with a said person before hand and either put them on the ignore list or kick them after 10 mins. I feel it would be much better to have a sort of tiered system for loot mangement that you can either set in your normal portrait settings thingy or have the team vote on a tier. So something like

Tier 0: Normal system, nothing changed
    Tier 1: You can NEED on ANY item but items that are class specific, those classes are given highest priority. Recipes are effected by what professions you have for this tier and subsequent tiers.
    Tier 2: You can only NEED on an item if that item is for your current class. Rings, Necklaces and Trinkets are not effected.
    Tier 3: You can only NEED on an item if that item has the highest stat that is designed for your class. ie STR for Warriors, Dex for Rogues, INT for Mages, WIS for Clerics.
    Tier 4: Same as Tier 3 but items designed for healers and tanks (like trinkets) are prioritized to players that were chosen for those roles.

This is just an outline of what a cross-shard LFG system needs to run smoothly. If not, there will be a lot of dropped parties and just a general bad mood towards the system. If something like this is not implemented then I pray that the ignore list doesnt have a cap, because mine is already pretty big with plat spammers.
    Your suggestions for tier 3 and 4 are perhaps not well thought out, essentially cause they restrict player choice. And I think that points to the answer. Let each player on dungeon entry define one role they want to loot as. I.e. if I enter as tank from lfg I can select either tank or DPS loot, but only one. If I select DPS, then when a DPS item drops, it is compared to what items I have in my inventory/bank/wardrobe currently. If any stat is stronger than my best current item, Need option is available, if not only Greed is. If items appear that are not on my selected loot role, then I can only choose Greed.

The above doesn't work for all cases, particularly trinkets, but it covers the majority of the situations that could arise.

Rift Master

What if I want wisdom on my mage and the cleric wants int.

What if the best item is cloth - can a cleric need my cloth gear though its my only gear i can get and they still have their gear to need on. Double dippers.

Rift Disciple

can't they just have it so when you press need, the vendor price drops to zero and it becomes soulbound, that way people won't be able to need items to sell them.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by wingedarr0w View Post
    can't they just have it so when you press need, the vendor price drops to zero and it becomes soulbound, that way people won't be able to need items to sell them.
    and make it unbreakable!

While this is a good idea there are people who just like to mess with others and troll them :/

Quote Originally Posted by Fernt View Post

What if the best item is cloth - can a cleric need my cloth gear though its my only gear i can get and they still have their gear to need on. Double dippers.
    /facepalm

He is saying you can only need on the item with your class's stat as the primary stat. Meaning a cleric could not need on int gear. And any mage focusing on wisdom can leave the game.

Unfortunately that leaves warriors and dps clerics kind of out of luck when it comes to dex and int being better than their primary stats.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Fernt View Post

The classes arent designed to be like that. I just gave a general outline of a possible system that needs to be done. I didnt say they need to do exactly this.

Rift Master

A simple limit to what you can need on based on your calling across the board for LFG is simple, effective, and restricts the ninjaing a substantial amount comparatively.

It'll still happen regardless, but that minor change will lower it drastically.

Rift Disciple

I believe that items are designed for certain classes and roles. The designers could just add that information to the items and the loot system evaluates it. Items intended for multiple classes/roles with certain priorities would all be possible.
    You even go so far as to check if i.e. a rogue actually has a tank role even if not active, with enough points in it, etc.
    Imo there is no need for legitimate loot drama at all. It's all in the hands of the devs.
    Human Dignity + Compassion = PEACE

People should start looking at the "Stats" sheet on the character info, then maybe some of them will start to understand why Warriors roll on supposedly "Rogue-gear".
    FYI, str improves parry, block and attack power. Now which dd specced warrior depends on parry and block exactly?? Dex provides phys crit and attack power (and dodge), go figure.
    So cutting warriors off of the option to roll on gear that would make them stronger is so not the option.
    I think most warriors won't roll on gear like "Hahaaaa, I can wear leather tooooo", but because it enhances their stats in a certain role. If anything it's trion's fault that str doesn't provide crit aswell or a larger attack power boost.
    I guess this is the reason why there is no "locked" need/greed system as it was in warhammer in the first place.

+ Reply to Thread