+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Rogue 1.4 Discussion

1.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Telaran

Default Rogue 1.4 Discussion

Greetings!

We wanted to provide individual threads for each archetype to discuss and share their feedback. Please use this thread to provide your feedback for the upcoming changes in Update 1.4. Your feedback is important and can help shape and refine these changes - nothing is permanent on the Public Test Shard and your feedback is vital to the process!

As always, please keep your feedback constructive, on-topic, and with respect to the opinions of others - thanks

COMBAT
    In anticipation of Hammerknell level items entering the game we’ve adjusted certain Combat rating diminishing returns. These changes should only affect fully raid buffed characters in Hammerknell or better equipment.
    * Physical Crit, Spell Crit, and Block ratings have both soft and hard caps updated. These caps only affect the bonuses from your base rating and have no effect on percentage-based bonuses from abilities, buffs, and debuffs.
    * Physical Crit: Now soft caps at 45%, and the return per point of Physical Crit rating above 45% is reduced. Hard caps at 60%.
    * Spell Crit: Now soft caps at 45%, and the return per point of Spell Crit rating above 45% is reduced. Hard caps at 60%.
    * Block (Chance to Block): Now soft caps at 40%, and the return per point of Block chance rating after 40% is reduced. Hard caps at 60%.
    * Block (Amount Absorbed): Now soft caps at 50%, and the return per point of Block absorption rating after 50% is reduced. Hard caps at 65%.

COMBAT – ITEM PROC RATES
    * Item with proc effects (% chance of X on Y) will now be normalized so that the results of an item proc are more consistent regardless of the ability speed or number of targets it hits.
    - Abilities that hit multiple targets will trigger procs less than abilities that hit single targets.
    - Abilities with longer casting times will trigger procs more often than abilities that are quick to cast.
    * Additionally, we've made a pass on the trigger events for procs themselves to make them more consistent across different items.
    ROGUE
    Addressing some of the disparity between builds that use Deadly Dance and those that do not. Improved Bard heal scaling.

ASSASSIN
    * Physical Trauma: Impale causes the target to take 15-30% more damage from your Final Blow, up from 4-8%.

BARD
    * Coda of Restoration: Attack Power contribution to healing is now increased with more Combo Points spent when using this ability.

BLADEDANCER
    * Dancing Steel: You should now be immune to Disarm while channeling this ability.

INFILTRATOR [PvP]
    * Anathema: Now reduces the healing the target receives by 50%. Does not stack with Lingering Wounds and Trauma.

NIGHTBLADE
    * Dusk to Dawn: Now roots the target for 4 seconds on application. Deals damage and gives the Nightblade an additional Combo Point per second while channeling, even if the target is immune to movement speed debuffs. Additionally, the Nightblade gains Nightrage, which increases the damage of Blazing Strike and Flame Thrust by 40% for 1 minute. The combat message should now properly show the Combo Points gained.

RANGER
    * Feral Instincts: Pets now enjoy this effect within 35 meters of the Ranger, up from 25.

Ascendant

INFILTRATOR [PvP]
    * Anathema: Now reduces the healing the target receives by 50%. Does not stack with Lingering Wounds and Trauma.
    YES! finally!

Addressing some of the disparity between builds that use Deadly Dance and those that do not. Improved Bard heal scaling.
    Imminent sabodancer nerf, but at least bards will scale now.
    Last edited by Swordfishy; 07-13-2011 at 10:54 AM.
    DK of The Fast and the Fairyous: Tokyo Rift

General of Telara

Ooo some bard scaling .

Soulwalker

Oh c'mon change mechanics on bard motifs. Longer duration!!! 5 min like archon buffs. Would be a huge improvement to bard funfactor.

Bard fixing for the win. Thank you.
    <Retired>

[QUOTE=Swordfishy;2787644]YES! finally!

Imminent sabodancer nerf, but at least bards will scale now.[/QUOTE]

Ouch?

Thank you for fixing Bard. I really appreciate it.

Champion of Telara The Real Viz Shady's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Swordfishy View Post
    Imminent sabodancer nerf, but at least bards will scale now.
    I don't see it as that, Sab and DD buff was just addressed. I see other things being added to other souls to bring their dps up to par. Which would be great. A lot of people hate playing Sabdancer but kind of have to.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet View Post
    INFILTRATOR [PvP]
    No mention of it paired with Fell Blades, but I'm assuming it won't double stack. That will just be stupid.

Considering I expect it not to stack with Fell Blades I can actually now migrate points back into MM from NB. Which makes me a happy happy person.
    Einziger - Dayblind
    Rank 6 Rogue
    <level>

Byr
    Telaran

none of this nerfs sabodancer, just buffs assassins and nightblades.

These changes don't change much. The supposed buffs to Nightblade and Assassin don't get close to the dps benefit gained by Deadly Dance imho.

Ascendant

This sort of comes under the category of Deadly Dance... but mostly a pet peave of mine. Is there any chance of examining deep speccing Rogue trees to do a little more competitive DPS with the hybrid builds. Bladedancer in particular.

I bring this up mainly because of the Bladedancer Synergy Crystal requiring you to go the full 51 to utilize it properly, but the damage of a 51 BD on live at the moment is rather awful (mainly because you run out of points to spend in group DPS talents very quickly).

Would adding a "total point spent in soul" scaling feature to one of the talents similar to Champion's Deadly Strikes (Vivacity seems the obvious one for BDs) be worth considering?
    Last edited by Kedon; 07-13-2011 at 11:43 AM.

Shadowlander

Yea those buffs wont be enough to close the gap between other souls and bladedancer. Also the ranged dps souls need to be buffed quite a bit aswell, ranger and marksman are pretty underwhelming in raids atm. Instead of adding all these high percentage buffs out of nowhere, it would probably be better to just increase the base damage of the skills the soul already has.
    Last edited by Jakurah; 07-13-2011 at 12:05 PM.
    DB - 50 Rogue
    Purplejelly - 50 Mage

Plane Touched

I would like to see some interupt abilities added to a lot of the rogue classes, at least the melee dps ones. It used to be that you could use CC for that, but with the changes to CC there is generally few ways to stop someone from casting. I would like to see assassin and NB with a 6-8 sec cooldown interupt ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Einziger View Post
    No mention of it paired with Fell Blades, but I'm assuming it won't double stack. That will just be stupid.

Considering I expect it not to stack with Fell Blades I can actually now migrate points back into MM from NB. Which makes me a happy happy person.
    I'm not. Basically makes NB crap now and I liked playing it.
    Last edited by Cyndel; 07-13-2011 at 01:05 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast