+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 20 26 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Cleric 1.4 Discussion

Soulwalker

Lurking Decay now crits. That at least is a step in the right direction however the new dot from Cabalist is not working properly tooltip says duration is 15 seconds but only lasts 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Redcruxs View Post
    how we compare to warrior tanks is irrelevant, just because we aren't the BEST tank doesn't mean we're useless.

it makes me sick when our threat is increased by 50% and all people can do is cry and moan about how much cleric tanks suck

be grateful we get to tank at all. most games cleric = healer ONLY
    As a tanking soul the Justicar has to compare itself to all the other tanking souls regardless of class. They should all be equivalent but not equal. Each soul should have its benefits and drawbacks that give the particular soul flavor. Those benefits should balance out making each soul the best for some situations and the worst for some situations - but in all situations that soul should not be dwarfed by other tank souls and in the end each tanking soul should be balanced with all the other tanking souls.

The cleric threat increase is nice. Does it put us on par with the other tanking souls? Is the cleric lack of magic mitigation balanced in some other aspect?

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Redcruxs View Post
    how we compare to warrior tanks is irrelevant, just because we aren't the BEST tank doesn't mean we're useless.

it makes me sick when our threat is increased by 50% and all people can do is cry and moan about how much cleric tanks suck

be grateful we get to tank at all. most games cleric = healer ONLY
    Actually, 300%+50%= 16.555% repeating increase in listed tool tip threat. But since the modifier is a multiplier, it becomes 4 + 0.5 = 12.5% actual increase in threat.
    Last edited by Malbojia; 08-01-2011 at 07:41 PM.
    A little reading comprehension goes a long way.

another thing i find funny...

everyone wants justicar NERFED for a pvp angle everyone complains clerics have "insta heals" and "can take so much damage" yet the class actually UNDER performs as a big time tank compared to the other two.

I am happy I can tank and 4 of my roles have justicar in them, but it is a bit daunting knowing the same effort I put into tanking on my cleric, someone else can do a better job with less effort on their rogue
    How much do you HATE BISHOPX?
    Warrior video (july)
    Newest shaman PvP video
    Enjoy the GREATEST HITS

Quote Originally Posted by Malbojia View Post
    Actually, 300%+50%= 16.555% repeating increase in listed tool tip threat. But since the modifier is a multiplier, it becomes 4 + 0.5 = 12.5% actual increase in threat.
    We're going from 300% bonus threat to 450% bonus threat, or an increase of 50% of the old bonus.

Though as it stands, as a cleric tank I take far less damage than our warrior main tank to the point where we just said f*ck it and used 2 cleric tanks for HK (apart from mana draining trash).
    -The Unnamed- Defiant
    Vayra - Mage
    Forkrul - Cleric
    Kalyth - FOTM warrior in training, 5k pvp kills at lvl 28

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Vayra View Post
    We're going from 300% bonus threat to 450% bonus threat, or an increase of 50% of the old bonus.

Though as it stands, as a cleric tank I take far less damage than our warrior main tank to the point where we just said f*ck it and used 2 cleric tanks for HK (apart from mana draining trash).
    450% O.o I heard we where only getting 50% tacked on. Jebus.
    A little reading comprehension goes a long way.

Quote Originally Posted by Vayra View Post

you dont take less damage because your a JUSTICAR.. you take less because your GEARED better and he is speced poorly. Paladin vk reaver.. to take damage and hold aggro as oposed to reaver riftblade paladin.. they can have higher total mitigation than a justicar.

warriors deal acrazy amount of DAMAGE when tank spec though. my justicar pulls just under 200 dps on most pulls but thats WITH spamming 5 target aoe for most of the time, my warrior buddy pulls 320 single target dps on his warrior and that makes me cry... my main attack HITS for 300!!!!
    How much do you HATE BISHOPX?
    Warrior video (july)
    Newest shaman PvP video
    Enjoy the GREATEST HITS

Quote Originally Posted by BishopX View Post
    you dont take less damage because your a JUSTICAR.. you take less because your GEARED better and he is speced poorly. Paladin vk reaver.. to take damage and hold aggro as oposed to reaver riftblade paladin.. they can have higher total mitigation than a justicar.

warriors deal acrazy amount of DAMAGE when tank spec though. my justicar pulls just under 200 dps on most pulls but thats WITH spamming 5 target aoe for most of the time, my warrior buddy pulls 320 single target dps on his warrior and that makes me cry... my main attack HITS for 300!!!!
    We are pretty much equally geared, he is a bit better (he has been MT since we started raiding and has gotten first dibs on all plate tanking gear, I have been 2nd cleric tank and so only gotten what our main cleric tank doesn't need). But I agree on the dmg part, wish I could do a bit more dps while tanking, but I guess that's the price we pay for healing while tanking.
    -The Unnamed- Defiant
    Vayra - Mage
    Forkrul - Cleric
    Kalyth - FOTM warrior in training, 5k pvp kills at lvl 28

Champion of Telara Elric-merren's Avatar

I have no issue with warriors out tanking any tank when they specc for it, but not when they are specced for somethign else and still out proform as well. If a warrior wants to specilize hhe should have to sacrifice in his other tanking areas, that is why they have four souls that are desanated as being defensive soul. Each souol should excell in one pr twp areas at most, and that way the warrior is overall the best tank. Warlords shouold be the buff/aoe tanking soul with battle awareness moved up further so that it would be harder to take, for being 6 points it is rather powerful for generating threat, as such it is in all of the tanking speccs pretty much since it is so easy to get. To me it should be a talent that is taken in the tree or even placed about 10 to 15 points in. it would still be a powerful ability but would be less of a main stay in speccs outside of aoe threat. Also you gain 3% dodge on top of the threat it generates while you uise use calls as well as comand abilities. This is one of the only things i find kind backwards with the warrior souls is how op of a ability they get for 6 points (in terms of threat, but with if the threat generation is toned down to be more in line yet still worth the usage it would be perfectly in line).

Look at clerics and rogues we are pretty much only good for two maybe three types of fights with no way to specifically specc for the others to make us ideal for them. THis is right we are not a calling made for tanking just a specalist of our chosen tanking areas, which should show more then it is against warriors right now. THis is one reason why i was saying as a tank that is supposed to tank thru our healing that we put out while tanking, we should be able to take a talent that allow our over-healing to generate threat while in out tanking mein. I even thik rogues should gain threat from parrying and dodging attacks that are made against them somehow.

Ascendant

Sweets, you were always one of my favorites because you actually have answered questions, at release when we still had the alpha forums you would answer when others just ignored (probably in preparation for these forums which is fine). You are still doing that and it is appreciated.

I was reading about the fairy and I love the fairy, it fits into the druid lore really nicely and its fun. I have a lot of fun running around with a fairy owning things I am super casual player, not raiding etc. Maybe someday but not for a long time.

So , my big question is , why nerf her bonus to damage in the druid tree, was she doing too much damage? She certainly did not seem to be. But, if she was at higher levels (I am slow what can I say, so many alts, still only 30th on my highest) then it would be good to know this is why.

I hate the look of the satyr and wish I never had to use him, I'd use the fairy and give up SOME dps, but now it seems you are making her more useless, or is this just doomsday posting by people?
    Thanks
    (I could also go test if you don't get to answering this)
    Last edited by rastaah; 08-02-2011 at 07:22 AM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Elric-merren View Post
    I have no issue with warriors out tanking any tank when they specc for it, but not when they are specced for somethign else and still out proform as well. If a warrior wants to specilize hhe should have to sacrifice in his other tanking areas, that is why they have four souls that are desanated as being defensive soul.To me it should be a talent that is taken in the tree or even placed about 10 to 15 points in. it would still be a powerful ability but would be less of a main stay in specs outside of aoe threat. Also you gain 3% dodge on top of the threat it generates while you use use calls as well as command abilities. This is one of the only things i find kind backwards with the warrior souls is how op of a ability they get for 6 points (in terms of threat, but with if the threat generation is toned down to be more in line yet still worth the usage it would be perfectly in line).
    This should be no lower than a 16 pt ability taking into account the proposed changes. In it's current state it's more like a 38-44 point ability that should require a great deal of sacrifice in a build to reach.

Champion of Telara Elric-merren's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by P0wnStar View Post
    This should be no lower than a 16 pt ability taking into account the proposed changes. In it's current state it's more like a 38-44 point ability that should require a great deal of sacrifice in a build to reach.
    Oh yes i would agree with that, if they reduced the amount of threat that it generated with ba generated while up it would not be so bad but as of yet wiht the static dodge and threat it generates it is too easy to get.

Quote Originally Posted by Malbojia View Post
    450% O.o I heard we where only getting 50% tacked on. Jebus.
    http://justicars.blogspot.com/2011/0...ip-change.html

It's not as large of a buff as you think.
    Cleric Tank -Guardian- Sunrest
    <Esti Efiu>

Plane Touched

One of our biggest problems is we get threat for healing.. Something that we usually only get for failing at being a tank. Im sitting at 200 toughness and can tank all of the bosses in GSB and RoS aside from the heavy magic hitters, and hammerknell is still millions of miles away. If the bosses in there can kill the warrior tanks without constant support from my raid's excellent healers, it looks like I would be SOL

"...But the gods of the Vigil intervened. Their messengers went among the fallen and Ascended the worthy, not for their virtue, but for their MIGHT! In you, they place their faith, their hope and their power. You are our salvation. YOU are a Guardian."

Quote Originally Posted by Cinos View Post
    One of our biggest problems is we get threat for healing.. Something that we usually only get for failing at being a tank. Im sitting at 200 toughness and can tank all of the bosses in GSB and RoS aside from the heavy magic hitters, and hammerknell is still millions of miles away. If the bosses in there can kill the warrior tanks without constant support from my raid's excellent healers, it looks like I would be SOL
    Clerics are very good in HK right now, because the bosses are 80% physical damage oftentimes. (The trash is still best tanked by warriors, though.)

Raid fights have plenty of AOE healing to do. So use DoL and DoA to help your threat. I'm almost worried I will pull off of the other tanks now, because of the 200SP mace consumable and the 37.5% buff to our threat generation.
    Cleric Tank -Guardian- Sunrest
    <Esti Efiu>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 20 26 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast