+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Cleric 1.4 Discussion

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by beawr View Post
    I would rather put a lesser in the synergy crystal slot than almost all of the cleric synergy crystals. I want the Cabalist one, and maybe the Druid one. But that's it.
    Cabalist one feels like its trying to make up for its single target short commings of the soul, rather than build off of its strengths/theme like all the other dps synergy crystals. Druid and Cab are the only ones that actually increase dps more than a lesser essence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobopedic View Post
    ^

also I haven't had a chance to check out the vendor outside of HK, so can anyone tell me how synergy crystals are acquired? is through marks or tokens? Are the tokens class specific? If they use tokens and they're not class specific, trust me trion: no clerics will take/be given these.
    True, but thats excluding the Druid one (in a 51 spec its a noticable increase in dps over a lesser essence). And Cabalist only if someone still uses that soul 51 points after 1.4 changes. Cab should still be changed though (crystal and current pts soul).
    Last edited by Malbojia; 07-28-2011 at 11:35 AM.
    A little reading comprehension goes a long way.

You are aware you can't actually put a lesser essence into a synergy crystal right? That comparison is meaningless.

It's better to compare the dps/healing/mitigation a warrior/mage/rogue would gain to what a cleric would.
    Hiphop - Cleric
    Nasa - Warrior
    of <Dominance>, Faemist

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Bobopedic View Post
    You are aware you can't actually put a lesser essence into a synergy crystal right? That comparison is meaningless.

It's better to compare the dps/healing/mitigation a warrior/mage/rogue would gain to what a cleric would.
    Wile what you say is true, its easier for the masses to say lesser essence than to look up the stats on other crystals and run comparisons.

I just saw the rogue synergy-crystals and I started crying
    Last edited by cRuEllY; 07-28-2011 at 10:51 PM.

Rift Disciple

Justicar + Inquisitor needs to be looked at for PvP.

Justicar + Shaman needs to be looked at for PvP.

You can not combine that much damage/burst with survivability and healing. The build is tank+mage+melee DPS all at the same time with ENDLESS MANA!

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Skullcrush View Post

You can not combine that much damage/burst with survivability and healing. The build is tank+mage+melee DPS all at the same time with ENDLESS MANA!
    You are stupid and cross posting the same thing in every thread isn't going to change that.
    Irony - Pathiss

Wrong forum baddie.
    Bokor - Cleric (Warrior Priest)

Champion

You do realize that if they are going deep enough into justicar for mitigation and avoidance, they will be losing damage?

Just think, if they didnt go into justicar, they could be killing you in even fewer hits!

Plane Touched

The worst part about Justicar tanking in general is that in order to get the MOST out of your threat generation you have to suck at your job. You get a ton of threat generation from the healing done to group members, so.. new idea. Mage, you face pull, then rogue blast it, and ill pick it up before either of you die and use that extra healing to keep threat!

"...But the gods of the Vigil intervened. Their messengers went among the fallen and Ascended the worthy, not for their virtue, but for their MIGHT! In you, they place their faith, their hope and their power. You are our salvation. YOU are a Guardian."

10.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #385
    Rift Team

Hey guys, one more last minute Cleric note for 1.4 that will go up to PTS sometime in the near future:
    • Mien of Leadership - Increased the bonus to threat to 450%.
    Also, I just wanted to add that we are still looking at the Cleric Synergy Crystals. We'll be hotfixing any changes we need to make to the LIVE servers as necessary.

Shadowlander

Can't we rogues have a lead like you?

Champion of Telara Elric-merren's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    Hey guys, one more last minute Cleric note for 1.4 that will go up to PTS sometime in the near future:
    Also, I just wanted to add that we are still looking at the Cleric Synergy Crystals. We'll be hotfixing any changes we need to make to the LIVE servers as necessary.
    Thank you that should help to close the gap without gimping or nerfing a class unfairly, for doing the job that they should. I am also hoping they will look into afew other issues that we have seen, with hope to have them adjusted to be more in line with where we would not feel so weak but also not over step into another tank's fight type. uch as magic mitigation of rogues or aoe snap aggro as well as versitility of a warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    Huzzah for your 15th post....ever...

Quote Originally Posted by Doca View Post
    This made me laugh. I think most (if not all) forum going Clerics will find this laughable as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by DSorrow View Post
    So just because this doesn't work like every other game it's bad?
    Adapt, adopt and improve. If you can't do that, maybe it's something other than the game that's bad.
    Level 50 Cleric:Tuskon

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Doca View Post
    can mages have a lead? any lead? ever a girl scout lead?
    Once known as Nix-Zero

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
    Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Cinos View Post
    The worst part about Justicar tanking in general is that in order to get the MOST out of your threat generation you have to suck at your job. You get a ton of threat generation from the healing done to group members, so.. new idea. Mage, you face pull, then rogue blast it, and ill pick it up before either of you die and use that extra healing to keep threat!
    Eh, the unique tanking mechanic was one of the reason I wanted to Justicar tank. Never had to balance threat around heals before in any game(that comes to mind). However the mechanic is definitely limited if you consider that the more we gear, the worse we become at our job(or if your healer gears).

I have to wonder how powerful our heal threat will become come 1.4 considering that DoL is becoming a smart heal on top of the MoL modifier. I was honestly hoping for some new mechanic that might leech threat from a target, but oh well. I'm just happy they're looking at our tank at all.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast