+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Cleric 1.4 Discussion

Champion of Telara Elric-merren's Avatar

I use a 38-44 just/17 inq/9 pur for a fun specc to play as and run. I habe not had any issues unless i have a pur or shield using healers. to which i swirch to more of a normal build. USing the shoields as well as soul drain for the aoe damage bonus, and in runs i do not eem to take much more damage while casting soul drain so i found it helped with aoe tanking if the dps waits for one soul drain. If you want a interesting solo and instance specc try this one. if you want i can link it.

Ascendant
    Irony - Pathiss

1.4: Damage Dealer rage incoming.
    Cleric Tank -Guardian- Sunrest
    <Esti Efiu>

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by beawr View Post
    1.4: Damage Dealer rage incoming.
    Except it was a few whiney damage dealers the refused to spec to kill clerics that raged on the forums to get healing nerfed to begin with.
    Irony - Pathiss

Quote Originally Posted by Covenn View Post
    Except it was a few whiney damage dealers the refused to spec to kill clerics that raged on the forums to get healing nerfed to begin with.
    Yeah. Fo' sho'.
    Last edited by beawr; 07-27-2011 at 09:49 AM.
    <Esti Efiu>

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrocaster View Post
    DPS is going to get reduced by increases in valor. Honestly I don't get the crying here, R6 clerics are freakin raid bosses, and you guys are going to get a buff with the one class that could really drain your mana effectively getting nerfed into oblivion. Also, a GOOD cleric won't get OOM'ed by a dominator, if he knows how to cleanse and not activate those dominator abilities.

You are QQ'ing about the wrong thing. Warriors are getting zero nerfs, and rogues are getting buffed. You'll be able to ignore mages like an ant on the sidewalk, but you're gonna get destroyed faster by the melee classes. The increase in cleric melee dps will also make that a bit more favorable; but pvp'ers will still need healers.
    Well you do realize that we cannot cleanse specific buffs, so if a whole bunch of dots and debuffs are on us, it is like rolling the dice when attempting to clear ourselves of that specific mana drain. Another point is that 75% of healing clerics are absolutely horrible at their class in PVP, this is because our classes cannot be effective using the 2 button macro system that warriors and many other classes have the luxury of. So if the experienced players are rendered to mediocrity, you will see an all out exodus of healing clerics in pvp.

P.S.- I am a stubborn *****hole so I will attempt to heal whether there be nerfs or not, but I can't say that for everyone else and I don't blame em.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Mezca View Post
    Well you do realize that we cannot cleanse specific buffs, so if a whole bunch of dots and debuffs are on us, it is like rolling the dice when attempting to clear ourselves of that specific mana drain.
    For sure ...nothing like draining your whole mana bar while trying to CURE the damn debuff, heh. Happens way way way more than most people realize.
    Irony - Pathiss

Have there been any updated to the terrible synergy crystals?
    Hiphop - Cleric
    Nasa - Warrior
    of <Dominance>, Faemist

Soulwalker

no they are still as terrible as they have been from the beginning, no changes since they have been introduced went trough and they still to 90% suck really bad.

Its really nice to play a class that has a response to their problems.... NOT!

Rift Disciple

well here is to hoping that the finally give us a viable range st dps spec. Tired of being benched in raids for mages, rogues, and wars, even with 200+sp over mages. I still dont understand how/why Trion would put enrage timers on bosses and not give clerics a way to dps at the requisite levels....

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Madmortigan View Post
    well here is to hoping that the finally give us a viable range st dps spec. Tired of being benched in raids for mages, rogues, and wars, even with 200+sp over mages. I still dont understand how/why Trion would put enrage timers on bosses and not give clerics a way to dps at the requisite levels....
    If you want to ranged dps now you should try a mix of about half caba, half inquis. Obliterate can get a 15 sec CD so that'll pop up your dps, and now all caba DoTs get a boost if you spec for them. Mix that with the inquis BoD proc/crits and the DoTs and you have a nice ranged dps.

Why are our synergy crystals so flacid? I mean surely the point of having a new slot is to be excited about what to put into it, not "meh which steaming pile is mildly better than empty space?"

Guild/Raid leader of Shoreline 5/8 ID (No reflect Rusila, hardmode Conclave) Recruiting a few more excellent raiders: for Infernal Dawn progression

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Gradient View Post
    Why are our synergy crystals so flacid? I mean surely the point of having a new slot is to be excited about what to put into it, not "meh which steaming pile is mildly better than empty space?"
    True. It really crushes the incentive to get it when you know it makes about as much difference as equipping an extra lesser essence for the stats.
    A little reading comprehension goes a long way.

Quote Originally Posted by Malbojia View Post
    True. It really crushes the incentive to get it when you know it makes about as much difference as equipping an extra lesser essence for the stats.
    I would rather put a lesser in the synergy crystal slot than almost all of the cleric synergy crystals. I want the Cabalist one, and maybe the Druid one. But that's it.
    <Esti Efiu>

Quote Originally Posted by beawr View Post
    I would rather put a lesser in the synergy crystal slot than almost all of the cleric synergy crystals. I want the Cabalist one, and maybe the Druid one. But that's it.
    ^

also I haven't had a chance to check out the vendor outside of HK, so can anyone tell me how synergy crystals are acquired? is through marks or tokens? Are the tokens class specific? If they use tokens and they're not class specific, trust me trion: no clerics will take/be given these.
    Hiphop - Cleric
    Nasa - Warrior
    of <Dominance>, Faemist

+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast