+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Cleric 1.4 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    and the vigil only knows why...
    Nice RP haha
    Last edited by beawr; 07-25-2011 at 10:47 AM.
    Cleric Tank -Guardian- Sunrest
    <Esti Efiu>

Quote Originally Posted by Grisly View Post
    The problem is not that clerics are too strong , the problem is people cant teamplay. This is not 1vs1 Quake, its an MMORPG. There are several options to outake cleric , one simple way : Dispell him , make him suffer Healing reduce and FOCUS. Use brain and ull see how not so overpowered cleric is. Dominator make us totally useless. Did someone of the playerbase heard of CC ? i dont think so.
    Seems like People are headrolling their Keyboard and wondering why they play bad.

I like the Cabalist changes bit it seemes that Obliberate DMG is now totally gimped ? My testing was that its weaker than on Live servers.
    this GTAE targetting for Sigils is a pain in the ***.
    i dispell clerics all the time.
    Rezzistance -Seastone/Defiant Mage
    Rezzist - Seastone/Defiant Rogue
    MeatyCurtains - Seastone/Guardian Rogue

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Taaboo View Post
    Bye bye
    Yup, I'm with him...voting with my wallet as well. So yup....bye bye. Roll up a tank or rogue and you'll have fun.
    Lvl 50 Necro
    Shard: Gnarlwood
    Guild: Apocalypse

Plane Touched

Dispels are a good point and something most people must overlook as I routinely run around as a healer and... just do not get dispelled. And I seldom get debuffs or anything to decrease my abilities thrown on me. Many times I in fact get ignored outright, then hear people shouting about how overpowered I am.

But having to work twice as hard in PvP and as a cleric watching my mana drain twice as fast, to the resounding tone of greater frustration and less fun all because players cannot get their act together and reduce my effectiveness (debuffs, dispels, focus fire me, etc.) while Trion has no reservations about doing it?

It is a smack in the face.

I dont see why people are whining on healers if you actully tried work as a team and purged/interupt/silence etc not roll your face over the keyboard you would easily kill the healers.

Wile i was doing my saga quest to win one codex match it took me whole day to get it done as alone healer or par with one more with zero pvp gear around 1400sp, i managed to keep the people up around me by playing smart LoS hit & run etc pve spec and i obviously died a few times when i got zerged by melee and mages that zerged me and i can't recall a single time anyone bothered to purge me.

So conclusion is 7-8 games of codex to get a louzy quest done i died 2-3 times per round and being on top with 400k ish healing done per game yet we lost becuse of poor teamplay but as i stated if people bothered to purge my hots i wuld probably spent more time in the graveyard then around the flags laughing at people.

Your move

Plane Touched

What amazes me about the healing nerf is just a patch ago they were looking at making valor even more potent and adding crit reduction to it. While they took that part out they stated they knew that time to kill was out of whack and they would be monitoring it. Now they are going to nerf Healing? I mean wtf. I dont understand at all the Hot nerfs that is a major blow to the Warden Soul in pvp. They should have just nerfed healing breath and the crap that allows for too much passive extra healing like marked by the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwll73 View Post
    don't nerf my healing soul, nerf the other healing soul that is not as strong as mine
    really?
    /10

Telaran

I was just wondering if it would be too much to Have HD place a Healing debuff on the target during and after the channel, and AR would place a Mana drain DoT??

I feel like it could be pushing the envelope to be giving the Inq so much....but on the other hand it seems to fit just as well. It would give the Cleric more utility and allow hybrids to invest some points to attain one or both to bring more support. I cannot readily think of another soul that could readily have these additions to existing abilities without making it a big overhaul.
    Considering how you would have to put 16 points in order have both would limit the dps potential of a hybrid a lot and would it be worth consideration as increased utilitization?

I just find it funny they're nerfing PvP healing across the board and buffing all the cleric DPS souls in the same patch.

You're never going to see a cleric healer in a WF again, unless they're in a premade.
    Last edited by rantology; 07-26-2011 at 11:34 AM.
    afk tera.

Rift Disciple

Default purifier tool tips!

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet View Post
    Greetings!

We wanted to provide individual threads for each archetype to discuss and share their feedback. Please use this thread to provide your feedback for the upcoming changes in Update 1.4. Your feedback is important and can help shape and refine these changes - nothing is permanent on the Public Test Shard and your feedback is vital to the process!

As always, please keep your feedback constructive, on-topic, and with respect to the opinions of others - thanks

COMBAT
    In anticipation of Hammerknell level items entering the game weve adjusted certain Combat rating diminishing returns. These changes should only affect fully raid buffed characters in Hammerknell or better equipment.
    * Physical Crit, Spell Crit, and Block ratings have both soft and hard caps updated. These caps only affect the bonuses from your base rating and have no effect on percentage-based bonuses from abilities, buffs, and debuffs.
    * Physical Crit: Now soft caps at 45%, and the return per point of Physical Crit rating above 45% is reduced. Hard caps at 60%.
    * Spell Crit: Now soft caps at 45%, and the return per point of Spell Crit rating above 45% is reduced. Hard caps at 60%.
    * Block (Chance to Block): Now soft caps at 40%, and the return per point of Block chance rating after 40% is reduced. Hard caps at 60%.
    * Block (Amount Absorbed): Now soft caps at 50%, and the return per point of Block absorption rating after 50% is reduced. Hard caps at 65%.

COMBAT ITEM PROC RATES
    * Item with proc effects (% chance of X on Y) will now be normalized so that the results of an item proc are more consistent regardless of the ability speed or number of targets it hits.
    - Abilities that hit multiple targets will trigger procs less than abilities that hit single targets.
    - Abilities with longer casting times will trigger procs more often than abilities that are quick to cast.
    * Additionally, we've made a pass on the trigger events for procs themselves to make them more consistent across different items.

CLERIC
    Addressing issues with Cleric damage Souls to bring them more in line with the other callings.

DRUID
    * Hidden Path: Now removes all Curses, Diseases, and Poisons from both the Druid and the Druid's pet. No longer requires a pet active to use.
    * Thorns of Asphodel - New Ability: Available at 38 points. Causes your pets to deal additional Life damage with their attacks.
    * Friend of the Weald: Increased the boost to Attack and Spell Power bonus on your pet's abilities to 20% + 17% per point spent in Druid above 36.

INQUISITOR
    * Due to the below changes, characters with Soul Points spent in Inquisitor have received a free Soul Point respec.
    * Bolt of Judgment: Increased the Spell Power bonus.
    * Life and Death Concord: Now also triggered by Nysyr's Rebuke.
    * Lethargy: Removed.
    * Harsh Focus: New tier 5 branch ability. Causes Harsh Discipline to no longer suffer casting pushback from damage.
    * Nysyr's Rebuke: Reduced cooldown to 1 minute. Now deals Life damage, increased the Spell Power bonus. The damage will now affect enemy targets even if they are immune to Stuns.

SHAMAN
    * Vengeance spells no longer trigger a global cooldown; instead, they now have a shared 5-second cooldown.
    * Vengeance of the Primal North: Now available at 44 points. Lasts 1 hour, reduced the Spell Power bonus, and is now on the shared cooldown with other Vengeance abilities.
    * Call of Ice: Increased the damage bonus for Massive Blow to 10% + 5% per point spent in the Shaman soul above 36. Increased the Attack Power bonus for Massive Blow to 5% + 2% per point spent in Shaman above 36.
    * Frozen Wrath - New Ability: Available at 51 points. Deals weapon + additional Water damage over 15 seconds. Also increases damage the target takes from the Shaman's Vengeance of the Winter Storm by 200%.

TEMPLAR [PvP]
    * Overload: Can no longer be applied to the same target more than once every 2 minutes.
    * Replaced Barb of Shackles with Nysyr's Brand: Marks the target, blocking their ability to stealth and increasing the chance they will be critically hit by 5% for 30 seconds.

All that sounds great but i cant tell you how many feedbacks ive put in about Purifier wards, plz make the damge increase actually show so we know its working, and if you can have it so when its on someone if u mouseover a ward it shows the damage in real time, like how much is left as ur getting hit, i have an essence for bigger wards n 51 purifier would like to see the tool tip adjusted, also prolly not your problem but riftjunkies parser doesnt count wards just wanted to throw that out there too ,Also in Purifier, given that they are a warding soul, it would make sense to me to have an aoe ward, much like sentinel n warden have aoe heals , but ward instead............... In Justicar, would be nice to have some sort of debuff(s) for lowering the targets chance to hit or spell power or something like that, or some other kind of magic defense boost even if its a 2min cool down or something, even with 6 points in cabalist so i get teh air,earth,fire,water+40 buff, with a 40pot, bard buff, and stuff from my essence n get some resists over 200 im still getting pwned by magic dmg, and i have full t2 tank gear and some from raid rifts, i block a lot so pysical dmg seems fine but magic just plain pwns me, Id like to say too that if your changing shaman so that basically people will be using the now 51point ability over the 8dmg one, would be nice to see a change to the greater essences that u buy with 50 inscribed sourcestones, thank you for your time

Plane Touched

Eh, overall I'm going to see where the healing nerf will take Clerics in pvp. I'm hearing it's a 5/10 percent reduction and that might be easily doable if I completely ignore the fact that wars will hit just as hard as they've always done. It's wasn't as if a similarly geared war 3 shot me when I didn't have detaunt up, oh wai...

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Slpnshot View Post
    Eh, overall I'm going to see where the healing nerf will take Clerics in pvp. I'm hearing it's a 5/10 percent reduction and that might be easily doable if I completely ignore the fact that wars will hit just as hard as they've always done. It's wasn't as if a similarly geared war 3 shot me when I didn't have detaunt up, oh wai...
    A 5/10% reduction seems so small that I have to wonder why Trion would even go this route. It seems like a lot of work for little result.

I personally would be more than thrilled with the healing reduction if there was also a damage reduction for all abilities. I have read many posts on the forum that disagree with me, but it is somewhat of a let down to enter a Warfront, get your adrenaline pumping, and before you can blink the people you were fighting are dead or the objective has been achieved. Perhaps it's an instant gratification or rushed mindset that creates this, but it would be nice to be able to savor the warfronts a bit more.

Rift Chaser

The irony is going to be the look on that Tier 6 warriors face when he realizes he can't charge into a group of 10 players and live due to the healing nerfs.

"WTF NEED MOAR HEALZ!"

I play a healer in Warfronts, and 95% of my time is spent healing other people. Everyone will feel the healing nerf.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by rantology View Post
    Sadly most classes are very macro heavy and most builds for them only require 1-3 buttons. Certainly nothing like the complexity/fun of the rotations you get in say WoW PvE. Though even WoW always has some 1-2 button specs.

As for ranged DPS, I doubt Trion is going to do anything about it. Hell, look at mages. Ranged has never been in the same ballpark as melee, regardless of the class.

The two issues you're describing are symptoms of the overall game and more or less uniformly affect all classes, not just clerics.
    I have to disagree that having to watch more buttons JUST for damage is "fun". I'd rather keep a simple damage rotation and be required to belt out utility spells than have to tunnel an action bar or god forbid track a bajillion dots and cooldowns at the same time just to beat an enrage timer. Sure, there should be some specs which work this way, but I don't think it fits the bill well with clerics. Half the specs are support heal specs. Personally, if I'm paying attention to HP bars on my shamicar, I feel it a bit disgusting asking me to also maintain a rotation as complicated as certain mage specs in addition to that.
    Please be silent. I am dictator of.. krankor.. HAA..Haa..haa~

Rift Master

Default macro

I hope they do something to add more of that utility though. It should not be possible to, after buffed, run an entire T2 dungeon pressing only 2 buttons. But that's all you need to do. The problem is, there's no utility in the 20-30 point range of druid or shaman. Roots? Never used. Silence? Nope. Sleep? Nope. Snare? No use. And that's druid, shaman's even worse. Shaman has the shield and...absolutely nothing else. Compare that to the inquisicar where I can use about 15 or so buttons on the average run. Or any healing spec where you really have to keep on your toes. Something really does need to be done with shaman and druid to make the playstyle more than 2 button mash in PvE.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast