+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Cleric 1.4 Discussion

Banned

Its reality for everyone else but clerics in their lolspam hot'n'run world.

I hear 1.5 is closing down pvp and we'll just have cvc.

Plane Touched

While most of the changes look very promising, the reduction to healing in PvP outweighs them for me. I enjoy warfronts immensely and I always play some form of healer (cleric or mage in Rift). If you are going to reduce healing like this and not a reduction in all abilities for every class, then I cannot see how I will be able to enjoy PvP anymore. And if I cannot enjoy aspects of this game I once did, then I am going to have to vote with my wallet and cancel my subscription.

Soulwalker

they've already introduced a cleric healing stopper called dominator, no mana = no heal... and it's not like cleric have many mana regen abilities anyway. Get a couple of well geared Para/Champ on a cleric, they won't survive very long without massive external heals as well as their own.

It's going to be painful for the team ending up with only 1 to 2 healers once these changes goes through. (ya ppl who whine about healing, will now get less healing themselves, good job Trion!)
    Purr - 50 Cleric - Vengeance - Blood Iron

I kind of miss the justicar aggro changes, especially considering ae tanking.
    Let us scale better with SP or something else but right now it's kind of hard to hold aggro and use your selfheals effectively or even do something else than spamming "Strike of Judgement" in single or "Even Justice" in multi-target tanking.

Champion of Telara Elric-merren's Avatar

I was thinking about a way to help justacar tanking where threat is concearned. The first idea i had was a threat syphoning like ability, which could work either as a constant threat transfering ability, or as a conviction based version. What i was looking at was if it were a constant threat syphon it would transfer between 1 and 3 percent from all the party members to the tanking cleric. This would give us a steady threat generating bonus, but would not be too overr powering as well. The conviction version of this wouold be about the same excpt it would be targeted on the person with rightous mandate on them, and would transfer 15% of their threat to the cleric per conviction used. IF these were conbined it would ubcrease our threat gen as well as give us a quick use threat boost when needed.

THe second idea was to make censire, which right now is slightly worthless in groups with people gving a buff that overwrites it, into a threat buffing abbility and or give it a interrupting effect possibly. This would make it useful in raids, as well as tanking, while also if you added the interrupting abbility to it we would have even more use for it. I would though only do one of the two as if it had a interupt on it you would want to save it for a spell or ability use, which would hurt threat gen although adding a choice to it as well.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Aidron View Post
    While most of the changes look very promising, the reduction to healing in PvP outweighs them for me. I enjoy warfronts immensely and I always play some form of healer (cleric or mage in Rift). If you are going to reduce healing like this and not a reduction in all abilities for every class, then I cannot see how I will be able to enjoy PvP anymore. And if I cannot enjoy aspects of this game I once did, then I am going to have to vote with my wallet and cancel my subscription.
    Bye bye

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Purr purr View Post
    they've already introduced a cleric healing stopper called dominator, no mana = no heal... and it's not like cleric have many mana regen abilities anyway. Get a couple of well geared Para/Champ on a cleric, they won't survive very long without massive external heals as well as their own.

It's going to be painful for the team ending up with only 1 to 2 healers once these changes goes through. (ya ppl who whine about healing, will now get less healing themselves, good job Trion!)
    I will love to see these changes going live for one reason only..... if they are not in par with the other class/souls/specs changes it is going to be a MAJOR laugh...... People have been complaining about cleric healing in pvp and especially in WFs.

Let me point out a few things to those who seem to whine about it...... There have been A LOT OF OCCASIONS in pvp where a single target is being hot healed by three or more wardens..... these hot alone seem to be enough to enable that person not suffer the slightest damage..... NOT the work of one healer only... people just do not seem to know which abilities are on the person they are pvping with.....

In one versus one PVP a cleric with full heal spec will not do ANY damage..... On most occasions if you are not full lvl 6 pvp gear you die in seconds and cannot outheal a warrior dps spec.

These changes need too be carefully implemented and a lot of feedback is required before being finalized..... All i see on every single update ALL mmorpgs have to feature are more imbalances that nerf this class and overpower that class....

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by kathiki View Post
    I will love to see these changes going live for one reason only..... if they are not in par with the other class/souls/specs changes it is going to be a MAJOR laugh...... People have been complaining about cleric healing in pvp and especially in WFs.

Let me point out a few things to those who seem to whine about it...... There have been A LOT OF OCCASIONS in pvp where a single target is being hot healed by three or more wardens..... these hot alone seem to be enough to enable that person not suffer the slightest damage..... NOT the work of one healer only... people just do not seem to know which abilities are on the person they are pvping with.....

In one versus one PVP a cleric with full heal spec will not do ANY damage..... On most occasions if you are not full lvl 6 pvp gear you die in seconds and cannot outheal a warrior dps spec.

These changes need too be carefully implemented and a lot of feedback is required before being finalized..... All i see on every single update ALL mmorpgs have to feature are more imbalances that nerf this class and overpower that class....

This is a reality I see more often than not. People do not realize how many healers are supporting someone else in a warfront. There might be two, or even five (most I have seen on one target) healing a single ally and then the opposing faction is screaming about how overpowered healers are.

That is five healers versus an equal amount of DPS players or less. Even with more players trying to take the person we're healing down, what do you expect? Ignore them and come after us. And when they do, then things quickly go down hill. Furthermore, they seldom seem to realize just how many healers they are having to out damage. I have been accused of being overpowered in warfronts and wondering what they are talking about when I am either dead or not even healing someone currently because there are other healers around which they are conveniently oblivious too.

Healing isn't the problem. Player awareness... possibly even intelligence... is. Patches cannot fix that. Patches like this just destroy what fun healers were having.
    Last edited by Aidron; 07-25-2011 at 06:22 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Taaboo View Post
    Bye bye
    Bye bye to alot of clerics.
    Irony - Pathiss

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Covenn View Post
    Bye bye to alot of clerics.
    Agreed. Part of the patch notes, as a summary, say this to me:

"We, Trion, want to make your role as a healer in PvP simultaneously more difficult and less fun."

Feels very much like a slap in the face.

Plane Walker

Whats really funny and ironic about the reduced healing changes is that the problem it creates (not enough healers in warfronts) will vastly outweigh the 'problems' it 'solved' (unkillable healers). For every person complaining about unkillable clerics, there will be 5 people complaining about lack of healers. Its so predictable. Other games have tried to 'balance' healers and the same thing happened, there was a huge outcry over lack of healers when many healers quit or switched specs or rerolled.
    Eol, Chloromancer and Justinian, Inquistor, Guardians of Faeblight.
    Previous incarnations include: Camring and Camran, SWTOR; Ceol & Duri - LotRO; Eol - L2; Kili - WoW; Camring - SWG; Justinian, Camring - DAoC

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Ceol View Post
    Whats really funny and ironic about the reduced healing changes is that the problem it creates (not enough healers in warfronts) will vastly outweigh the 'problems' it 'solved' (unkillable healers). For every person complaining about unkillable clerics, there will be 5 people complaining about lack of healers. Its so predictable. Other games have tried to 'balance' healers and the same thing happened, there was a huge outcry over lack of healers when many healers quit or switched specs or rerolled.
    And that is likely what will happen. No one wants to be hit with rules that decrease the effectiveness of your abilities in certain scenarios. It creates disillusionment, ultimately makes people dejected, and then only the truly masochistic or perhaps those truly dedicated and in love with their role remain.

The problem is, I see people all the time complaining about a lack of healing. I do not take it as whining or moaning (no matter how they might phrase it). I take it as an alert - a teammate of mine or several somewhere need me and I just hope I can get there in time. Sometimes I can't, sometimes I can. I am not interested in reduced in effectiveness in PvP because a very vocal minority who seem painfully unaware of reality (what classes can do, who you are facing, who si on your team, etc.). So I guess that leaves a void for someone else to fill in my absence, assuming someone will. I'd like to help, but not at the cost of me having fun. It's my money and more importantly, my time.

Problem is, this won't solve the "unkillable" healers. It will cause an adjustment of builds potentially. Mainly due to trinkets, and certain souls abilities that constantly give clerics healing (warden,senti,justi,warden) adding up. Cleric themselves will be fine.

What it will do is change how effective we heal others and the vigil only knows why we clerics are so concerned about healing the people who adamantly dislike us.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Ceol View Post
    I remember the same thing. Healers couldn't keep anyone alive, including themselves, and so everyone would spec towards damage and self heals only.

I still think its ridiculous myself. I die all the time as a healer.

I think we need to make an outcry that stealth is too powerful, and make them give us a see through stealth buff. It only seems fair, if rogues get more powerful due to healing nerfs, we should be able to counteract their stealth and stuns.

Also, anyone heard back about what happens in world pvp, like at a raid rifts, and whether healing takes a hit while your doing PvE objectives?
    Last edited by Supremacy; 07-25-2011 at 09:21 AM.

Soulwalker

The problem is not that clerics are too strong , the problem is people cant teamplay. This is not 1vs1 Quake, its an MMORPG. There are several options to outake cleric , one simple way : Dispell him , make him suffer Healing reduce and FOCUS. Use brain and uŽll see how not so overpowered cleric is. Dominator make us totally useless. Did someone of the playerbase heard of CC ? i dont think so.
    Seems like People are headrolling their Keyboard and wondering why they play bad.

I like the Cabalist changes bit it seemes that Obliberate DMG is now totally gimped ? My testing was that its weaker than on Live servers.
    this GTAE targetting for Sigils is a pain in the ***.
    Last edited by Grisly; 07-25-2011 at 10:36 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast