+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 26 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Cleric 1.4 Discussion

Cascade together with a pot at the right time gets you to full mana and i dont really have super issues on any fight with my mana but Lord Greenscale and Herald - add bards and archons that can give you mana back as well you are all good really.

And we use 1 justicar/shaman to get to 4 stacks and blow of he's doctrine to assist healing the raid and its working like a charm they crit heal each target for 2k - 4 pumps thats alot of healing done when its needed on Hylas/GS/Plutonus/Herald that has a lot of raid AE effects.

Rift Disciple

FWIW, when I'm running 51 Warden for AoE healing (which is primarily what I do for raids), I run a 51 warden, 1 sentinel, 14 inquisitor spec.

Sure, I have to maintain 200 focus (or 300 for HK), but that allows me to use Aggressive Renewal, Cascade and Pots for mana management, while also using Sanction Heretic, Vex and Soul Drain to contribute a bit of dps, especially against soft, critical targets like pollen.

I realize I could do more healing per cast with those points spent elsewhere, but with this setup I'm able to spam Healing Flood (among other things) to get Overflow on a lot more targets.

Overflow made up about 12% of my healing on Warmaster.

Rift Disciple

Being RAID heals means keeping your raid healed, are you going to let your raid hop around with half HP in a fight like hylas?
    I never said anything about letting any person in the raid stay at 50% hp. But not keeping the entire raid at 100% hp 100% of the time isn't a bad thing at all. If 3-6 people are down by 3-5% hp is it really worth all that mana to use HC which will overheal every single one of those people and just blatantly waste your mana? THAT was my point, but some don't get that style of healing and if they see more than 1 person at 99% and not 100% they use a big AOE heal to top them off thus wasting mana which is an idiotic practice. I on the other hand would use Healing Spray on those people individually to also top them off while using very little mana in comparison.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Hatec View Post
    Synergy Crystals:
    Druid Changes:
    I like the changes as they relate to the Satyr although I do wonder if it has a 1.5second GCD or a 1 second GCD seeing as it's a rogue.
    Their autoattack is 1.5s, as is their GCD.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Craenor View Post
    FWIW, when I'm running 51 Warden for AoE healing (which is primarily what I do for raids), I run a 51 warden, 1 sentinel, 14 inquisitor spec.

Sure, I have to maintain 200 focus (or 300 for HK), but that allows me to use Aggressive Renewal, Cascade and Pots for mana management, while also using Sanction Heretic, Vex and Soul Drain to contribute a bit of dps, especially against soft, critical targets like pollen.

I realize I could do more healing per cast with those points spent elsewhere, but with this setup I'm able to spam Healing Flood (among other things) to get Overflow on a lot more targets.

Overflow made up about 12% of my healing on Warmaster.
    It's just bad going inqui for aggressive renewal.
    first off all, as you said, you need 300 focus, so you need worse enchantments (like focus on head), or gear which doesnt give u much SP but focus, that's like the biggest flaw.
    then, you lose alot of SP when you dont get 15 points in senti tree, so as a result for your bad manamanagement you lose alot of SP and outgoing heals.
    and spamming healing flood isn't how a warden should heal.

Also a Puri/Sent is supposed to help with HC, it costs quite some mana, but the secret is, to time the heals and not to spamm them, so basically what you guys obv. have to learn is to get a better mana management and the knowledge when to cast HC or other high mana spells

But if thats too much work, you can also write 20 posts on the forum and hope for more mana regen, but that would be boring, wouldnt it?

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

The new 180MB patch made some changes to Cabalist....

Curse of solitude; nerfed or fixed - however you look at it. Capped at five max enemies around the casted person with the dot, no longer for all nearby enemies.

8 Points: curse of discord: Pretty much like Curse of Solitude but with a 15 second cool down.

edit; Looks like the sigils have had a mana usage tweak... cost upped?

edit 2: Cabalist seems to be fully revamped!
    Last edited by bctrainers; 07-19-2011 at 04:34 PM.
    Team pls.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by ashee View Post
    first off all, as you said, you need 300 focus, so you need worse enchantments (like focus on head), or gear which doesnt give u much SP but focus, that's like the biggest flaw.
    then, you lose alot of SP when you dont get 15 points in senti tree, so as a result for your bad manamanagement you lose alot of SP and outgoing heals.

Also a Puri/Sent is supposed to help with HC, it costs quite some mana, but the secret is, to time the heals and not to spamm them, so basically what you guys obv. have to learn is to get a better mana management and the knowledge when to cast HC or other high mana spells

But if thats too much work, you can also write 20 posts on the forum and hope for more mana regen, but that would be boring, wouldnt it?
    I understand your point, but at 200 focus, I self-buff out with 1163 spell power and 792 spell crit. It's a rare fight that I'm not #1 or #2 on the HPS chart, and my guild certainly has no complaints about my healing performance.

Regardless how you think a warden 'should' heal, I'm doing fine. I would argue that getting the job done is the better definition of success than doing it the way you or others think it 'should' be done.
    Last edited by Craenor; 07-19-2011 at 04:21 PM.

Shadowlander

Well, this is exciting news. I get my cleric to 50, thinking, Wow! Time to PvP it up! Of course, I would need some PvP gear, just got that. Find out, already I rarely last 5 seconds with a rogue, sometimes less with a warrior.Mages sap/silence/debuff the hell out of me, thus making healing hard enough, if not near impossible...now I find out, my healing is getting nerfed.

Okay, so I think, maybe they'll increase DPS...because at a 51 cabalist (the strongest DPS I have seen) 400ish on PvP geared people and 700ish on non doesn't seem like enough, then bam, nothing on DPS really.

So carry on rogues and warriors, I hope you enjoy the ability to kill a cleric that much easier, because you and your whining just cost you any heals you ever hoped to get. I foresee a huge decrease in tank PvP specs

Oh yeah, not to mention, rift PvP battles will be that much more exciting now, now that we can heal you even less. Basically this update nerfed any possibility of decent heals other than in PvE (which rarely happens in Zone and Rift events), and raids.

By the way, apparently any concept of teamwork and strategy is lost on you, if you have to complaing about heals. But then again, PvP in MMO's are purely a straight DPS game these days. Use your head and you can survive and kill, but then again, people these days don't anyway.

So I hereby thank all you little cry baby warriors and rogues, for nerfing us, and yourselves. The one thing we have, is taken.

Quote Originally Posted by ashee View Post

Tbh Ashee, a puri/sent should never have to cast any aoe heals. I can't think of a single encounter atm where our ST healing clerics (where we even use them) ever need to do aoe healing. The aoe healing needs of the raid are covered by 2 chloros and 2 hybrid healers (and sometimes a warden).
    But I agree with your point about AR being bad.
    Last edited by Vayra; 07-19-2011 at 05:09 PM.
    -The Unnamed- Defiant
    Vayra - Mage
    Forkrul - Cleric
    Kalyth - FOTM warrior in training, 5k pvp kills at lvl 28

The cabalist changes in the latest update are a ST increase of about 100 in hammerknell gear.
    Still FAR below other builds. But I'm OK with that now.

Because Cabalist is now 10x more awesome.
    Acyna, 50 Cleric, Shatterbone

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Vayra View Post
    But I agree with your point about AR being bad.
    For the record, I'm not trying to suggest that 51 Warden's using AR is the way it should work and that this is ideal. I'm only saying that given the current limitations and capabilities, it's a viable way to go for spam healing.

12.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #237
    Rift Team

As many of you have noticed, we've put up a pretty large set of changes to the Cabalist on the PTS. Before I give you the full set of notes, I wanted to quickly iterate what our goals were with these changes.
    • Make the class far less confusing.
    • Reduce the awkwardness of the Sigils.
    • Reduce the length and complexity of the rotations.
    • Combine the AEs into a single, understandable rotation.

Cabalist
    * Decay: Renamed Lurking Decay. This is now a buff that automatically generates one stack of Decay every two seconds.
    * Tyranny: Now consumes (and therefore triggers) all of your Decays at once. Now has a 30s cooldown.
    * Obliterate: Reduced the cooldown to 45 seconds. Decays triggered from this now deal triple damage, but no longer cause an AE.
    * Sigil of Power: Renamed Vile Power. Now available at 20 points. This now works like Tyranny, dealing damage and consuming/triggering all of your Lurking Decays. In addition, it restores a base amount of mana, plus an additional amount of mana for each enemy it hits. Reduced the cooldown to 90 seconds.
    * Sigil of Ravaging: Renamed Ravaging Darkness. This now works like Tyranny, dealing damage and consuming/triggering all of your Lurking Decays. In addition, it heals the Cleric for 100% of the damage done.
    * Affinity for Death: Now reduces all abilities that consume Decay by 6-30 seconds.
    * Sigil of Binding: Now an executed ability that is a GTAE Snare that affects up to 10 enemies.
    * Sigil of Woe: Now an executed ability that is a GTAE Purge (removes 1 buff) that affects up to 10 enemies. Reduced the cooldown to 15 seconds.
    * Sigil of Secrecy: Now an executed ability that is a GTAE Silence that affects up to 10 enemies. Reduced the cooldown to 30 seconds.
    * Sigil of Ruin: Now an executed ability that is a GTAE Stun that affects up to 10 enemies. Reduced the cooldown to 30 seconds.
    * Curse of Discord - New Ability: This deals Death damage to the enemy over time, in addition to dealing Death damage whenever the enemy uses an ability. Does not stack with Curse of Solitude. Obtained at 8 points.
    * Curse of Solitude: The AE Death damage dealt now only affects up to 5 enemies. Does not stack with Curse of Discord.
    * Leviathan's Mark: Now increases the damage of Dark Water, Curse of Discord, and Curse of Solitude by 5-15%.
    * Death's Dominion: Now increases the damage of both Distorted Shadows and Shadow's Touch by 2-10%.
    * Bound Fate: Now affects up to 5 enemies.
    * Engulfing Shadows: Removed.
    * Negation of Life: Now increases the Spell Power bonus of Decay by 1% + 1% per point spent in Cabalist above 26.
    * Symbol of the Ancient: Now increases the Spell Power bonus of Shadow's Touch, Dark Water, Distorted Shadows, Curse of Solitude, and Bound Fate by 2% + 2.5% per point spent in Cabalist above 36.
    * Howling Death: Fixed (reduced) the mana cost.

We’ll also be moving the Decay mechanic into the character mechanics UI however this won’t be enabled till the next patch.
    Last edited by Zinbik; 07-19-2011 at 06:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    As many of you have noticed, we've put up a pretty large set of changes to the Cabalist on the PTS. Before I give you the full set of notes, I wanted to quickly iterate what our goals were with these changes.

Cabalist
    * Decay: Renamed Lurking Decay. This is now a buff that automatically generates one stack of Decay every two seconds.
    * Tyranny: Now consumes (and therefore triggers) all of your Decays at once. Now has a 30s cooldown.
    * Obliterate: Reduced the cooldown to 45 seconds. Decays triggered from this now deal triple damage, but no longer cause an AE.
    * Sigil of Power: Renamed Vile Power. Now available at 20 points. This now works like Tyranny, dealing damage and consuming/triggering all of your Lurking Decays. In addition, it restores a base amount of mana, plus an additional amount of mana for each enemy it hits. Reduced the cooldown to 90 seconds.
    * Sigil of Ravaging: Renamed Ravaging Darkness. This now works like Tyranny, dealing damage and consuming/triggering all of your Lurking Decays. In addition, it heals the Cleric for 100% of the damage done.
    * Affinity for Death: Now reduces all abilities that consume Decay by 6-30 seconds.
    * Sigil of Binding: Now an executed ability that is a GTAE Snare that affects up to 10 enemies.
    * Sigil of Woe: Now an executed ability that is a GTAE Purge (removes 1 buff) that affects up to 10 enemies. Reduced the cooldown to 15 seconds.
    * Sigil of Secrecy: Now an executed ability that is a GTAE Silence that affects up to 10 enemies. Reduced the cooldown to 30 seconds.
    * Sigil of Ruin: Now an executed ability that is a GTAE Stun that affects up to 10 enemies. Reduced the cooldown to 30 seconds.
    * Curse of Discord - New Ability: This deals Death damage to the enemy over time, in addition to dealing Death damage whenever the enemy uses an ability. Does not stack with Curse of Solitude. Obtained at 8 points.
    * Curse of Solitude: The AE Death damage dealt now only affects up to 5 enemies. Does not stack with Curse of Discord.
    * Leviathan's Mark: Now increases the damage of Dark Water, Curse of Discord, and Curse of Solitude by 5-15%.
    * Death's Dominion: Now increases the damage of both Distorted Shadows and Shadow's Touch by 2-10%.
    * Negation of Life: Now increases the Spell Power bonus of Decay by 1% + 1% per point spent in Cabalist above 26.
    * Symbol of the Ancient: Now increases the Spell Power bonus of Shadow's Touch, Dark Water, Distorted Shadows, Curse of Solitude, and Bound Fate by 2% + 2.5% per point spent in Cabalist above 36.

We’ll also be moving the Decay mechanic into the character mechanics UI however this won’t be enabled till the next patch.
    weeeeeeeeeeee

ST still isn't where it should be, but it's alright. <3 aoe.
    WTG Zinbik!
    Last edited by uhh186; 07-19-2011 at 06:17 PM.
    Acyna, 50 Cleric, Shatterbone

One of the things which would improve Cabalist to the point of being competitive in PvP, would be to change Dark Passage to a short, straight foward jump mechanic and remove the random factor completely.

I understand it may be pushing our luck slightly, but are there any plans to address this ability?
    -

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post

Cabalist

I love this.

(10 chars?)
    Kashta, 50 Rogue / Gwythiant, 41 Cleric / Ampere, 37 Mage

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 26 ... LastLast