+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Add more macro slots or make them soul based

Soulwalker

Default Add more macro slots or make them soul based

For the love of god add more macro slots or make the current slots soul based. I have to make a mouseover healing macro for every heal spell leaving me unable to respec unless I delete/remake existing macros.

That is all...

-Rike

A separate bank of macros for each purchased role and a shared macro bank for those common to multiple builds.

Plane Touched

Seems like a good idea. I do like it. What about those of us with 50 alts? That's a lot of db space. I'd have to keep my own db to help me remember all those macros and where I put them
    Probably the most difficult aspect of living in a free society is letting other people enjoy their freedom, their way.

Macro slots for each soul build slot please =)
    The tank is the driver, healer is the fuel. And the DPS are the kids sitting in the back crying about if they're there yet. And this is coming from a DPS.
    http://forumwatch.riftideas.com/ *Credit to Meritt*
    Ever heard of Mumble? It's like Vent & Skype had a kid!

Quote Originally Posted by Upright View Post
    A separate bank of macros for each purchased role and a shared macro bank for those common to multiple builds.
    I would love a tabbed macro interface tied to souls with one tab being general.

I'd also like more soul slots too. Given the changes in 1.3 we are going to have to try out a lot of different builds to find what works best for the varied scenarios we will be facing.
    Dangerous when amused... and you are funny.

They could always make it sort of canon to have 'combos' and have you buy more slots ;P

I definitely agree with mroe slots in some form; however, a lot of your issues should be assuaged with addons coming down the pipeline. Though I know it doesn't help you now, just thought I would point that out.

Also, having that many macros is mostly a healing concern (mostly) any other roles using up their whole macro list probably do so unnecessarily.

I would suggest, short term, have you thought about consolidating some? you say you have a mouseover macro for every healing spell, do you not have any with cooldowns you could macro in with others reasonably, without giving up enough finite control over you healing?

Further, some things you might be fine without doing mouseovers and could get away with clicks for those less vital heals, like spot heals for the down time between that big AoE.

I did a bunch of things and a bunch of stuff; now I'm just a casual player.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Upright View Post
    This would be a fantastic idea, something I never thought of.

I would suggest a slight tweak though, to have a set of global macro slots (maybe 10) with a splitter followed by another 15 or 20 slots that change based on what current role you are using. That way we could keep frequently used macros, such as trade adverts, vent/mumble info, etc available without having to copy and paste it upwards of 5 times in each role.
    Nimec, Seastone

Plane Walker

/signed. Desperately needing more macro slots, its killing variety of game to me and leaving role 5 completely unused - I bought it but never use it as I don't want to remake 4-5 macros every time I change role.

Plane Touched

/signed

Macros relay on powers that in turn change with role swaps so...

...Macro banks per Role is a fair feature to have... Me likes

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Khumoth View Post
    /signed

Macros relay on powers that in turn change with role swaps so...

...Macro banks per Role is a fair feature to have... Me likes
    +1, that or just make something simple, double/triple macro slots. (You know, laziest solution, TRION likes that xD)

Telaran

Not just healing, pet classes too.

/signed
    Un@dayblind rogue lulzMM spec

Plane Touched

/signed

Badly needed

Also agree. I'm completely out of macro slots. Mouseovers for all healing spells, 1 ranged damage spec and 3 tanking specs. Would be content to write the tanking macros for each spec, but would love to be able to drag macros over from another role or copy and paste.
    An alternative solution for me would be to add "unknown" spells to the suppressmacrofailures command. That way I wouldn't have to add or delete Jolt, for example, from my macros each time I changed tank spec. Atm it spams the "unknown" message which is a Pita.

More macro slots would be greatly appreciated.

Champion of Telara

Yes please!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast