Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Official Petition to 1.3 Valor PvP Changes

Default Official Petition to 1.3 Valor PvP Changes

So here it is, this thread is to show Trion that there are many of us against the 1.3 Valor changes and added crit damage reduction.

Please post your thoughts as to why Trion should not go through with these changes, and let's hope that they see it.

I'll start.

PvP gear was very time consuming for me to obtain, It does not feel right to increase the gap between PvP and PvE gear by giving all lvl 50's a set amount of Valor.
    In addition, the crit damage reduction paired with the Valor is detrimental to my spec, as well as many other specs in the game that are reliant on crits to take down the enemy such as warriors, and (some) mages.

Trion, please do not go through with these changes. While they do decrease the gap between rank 6 and rank 1 players, they also increase the gap between healing classes and non healing classes, and will overall affect PvP in a negative way.

EDIT:

Please keep this thread relatively troll free, as we want Trion to take it seriously. If you disagree that is fine, but please do not derail the thread for those of us who enjoy the PvP in this game as is.
    Last edited by Rolemodel; 06-11-2011 at 10:26 AM.
    Crymoor/Crymor
    Rank 8 Rogue
    <The Granite Guard>

A bad idea.

It rewards pve'rs and punishes solo puggers like myself that have had to slog it out for so long against premades to get valor gear.
    O weep ye will, my dear by Atholl
    Weep ye for your finest jewel
    Weep ye for your John 'wa battl'd
    By the Garry's bloody pool....
    --George Weir, Battle of Killiecrankie, 1689

pve should not be rewarded with pvp simple as that get your pve our of my pvp! what they should do is add craftable pvp gear or gear you buy with plats it will have a lot of valor but not enough dmg more survival. this stops new players coming in and getting 1-2 shotted and stops players in full relic gears dominating people in r6.

this is why pve is bad for pvp
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...for-pve-is-bad!

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Pinn View Post
    A bad idea.

It rewards pve'rs and punishes solo puggers like myself that have had to slog it out for so long against premades to get valor gear.
    A bad idea, it just shows that trion will piss on those who pvp while handing those who dont every thing on a silver platter.

Get rid of this change, or make it so pvp gear gets a free toughness bonus.

Prophet of Telara

I don't mind some free Valor for fresh 50's. What I do mind is nerfing PvP damage even further than it already has been with the 30% reduction currently available. Clerics are already a task for a small group to kill and now they will be even stronger. Then, classes like Assassin who RELY on crits to get quick kills, will suddenly be dealing a TON less damage overall and on crits.

Bad changes are bad. I never cared for GW much and will probably not roll on to any other MMO as a result, but I may go back to FPS games and just let my sub run out if these go live as is.

Telaran

The changes to valour basically kill pvp for rogues, or anyone who isnt a cleric. Please do not change it this way.

Rogues are built to do most of their damage through crits, a 50% reduction in crit is actually making us lose far more than half our damage.

Please please please rethink this.

Shadowlander

Please do not implement this awful crit reduction. Assassins crits are around 40-45% of their total damage

General of Telara Doktor_Ljubavi's Avatar

I'm signing, because relic geared raiders are going to dominate those who are wearing p6 gear. There is no reason to grind out ranks anymore, you're better off raiding.
    http://i668.photobucket.com/albums/vv43/Unholiologist/fictionsaysninjaassassin.jpg

/signed

I know for a fact a lot of players, including me, Fafa and a lot of AA are going to quit this game if the crit damage reduction stat is introduced in live as it currently is. What's the point of having all that crit-stacked gear when crits don't do more damage than regular hits in pvp?

You've already made up to half of the pvp-ers quit the game because of the buff to valor (33%? COME ON, gear tank much?).
    Last edited by Slic; 06-11-2011 at 11:14 AM.

In before close!

Sez

Inb4 (making petition threads are against forum policy) lock

also

Quote Originally Posted by Amary View Post
    Much of the time the content in PTS patches is heavily work-in-progress data, incomplete or intended for testing and tweaking. Sometimes the content is only accessible via dev commands! All of it is highly subject to change before it ever makes it to live Rift shards. Some won't even make it there.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

dmv

All I want, is for PVP gear and PVE gear to be on equal footing, it would be too difficult to make them only better for pvp, or only better for pve. Just make replicas of each and rename/skin them.
    Retired due to lack of PVP content and boring/repetitive game mechanics.

General of Telara Doktor_Ljubavi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dmv View Post
    All I want, is for PVP gear and PVE gear to be on equal footing, it would be too difficult to make them only better for pvp, or only better for pve. Just make replicas of each and rename/skin them.
    Pretty much. If there is no gear differentiation then everyone can be balanced to only 1 level, not 2 different levels.
    http://i668.photobucket.com/albums/vv43/Unholiologist/fictionsaysninjaassassin.jpg

I would be perfectly fine with having no valor and having pvp gear = pve gear in every stat. So, if youre adding orange pve armor/weapons, add in orange pvp armor/weapons, remove valor and crit reduction.

The auto valor is stupid because it makes pve gear an acceptible set for PvP, when the opposite is not quite true (cant tank in pvp gear, chloros cant heal in pvp gear, and dps would have to still mix focus items to dps in pvp. In all sense there has to be gear changing/swapping to pve for pvpers)

The crit damage thing is dumb. As a cleric, that simply pigeonholes my options, which is already limited for pvp proficiency to either heal and take advantage of the lowered damage, or go inq/shaman/senti in some type of combination, to get 210% crit damage (which still doesnt make out damage all that quite honestly) just to counter act the 50% crit damage.

Turtling will be even more of a problem in WS and BG.

And once again, instead of focusing on fixing the pvp souls, which quite honestly, is where all those bonuses should be (extra valor, crit damage reduction, etc.) and making them an actual advantage as opposed to an optional thing (so those who use idiotic pve builds for pvp would be at a clear disadvantage to those who sacrifice overall prowess (dps and healing)for better pvp utility)

Its quite understandable -what- you are trying to do. But you are doing it the wrong way.
    Fix the pvp souls. Leave valor as is.

Although the increase i aoe healing i do like. I always thought that outside of wardens, AoE healing was pretty subpar and one would have to use half their mana to out do 1 SC aoe. Which is pretty fail.
    Buff sentinels!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast