Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Official Petition to 1.3 Valor PvP Changes

Rift Master

^........................................
    Lewk- Prestige Rank 50 Rogue of Sunrest

Shadowlander

I played to rank 6 from rank 1 under a month and this is the thanks i get? Carebears get free valor and pvp bonuses while pure pvpers get slap in the face, i already feel like quitting, should have not paid 6 months at once ffs...

Soulwalker

I'm signing, because relic geared raiders are going to dominate those who are wearing p6 gear. There is no reason to grind out ranks anymore, you're better off raiding.

So, where are new pvp set that can be compared to Hammerknell's set?

Yep signed !

Wonder if any of those devs ever faced a team with 2 or maybe 3 rank 6 clerics or maybe a few chloro's in ther, battlebard ? Warrior debuff tank ?? played to their potatial for like 75%..( let alone 100% lol ).

PvP will be boring, everybody runs in and starts dps...5 mins later none died and people sit and chat. Mayve a odd green geared player dies goes to forum and they will do more stupid changes to give a buff if you wear green items..

Shadowlander

Thumbs down ><

we all work really hard to get our rank 6 and . now you guys want to give new lv 50 player a break . why ? let them work for their valor just like we did

Shadowlander

while sure something need to be done to balance current PVP this is just a very lazy approach.

I am unsure how you can balance it but thats why i am not a game designer. Perhaps it be more practical to divide the end game battle grounds into r1-r3 and r4-r6 or stop premades being able to cue agains pugs. As it is, your just going to get a bunch of PVE end game premades coming in and dominating every match.

I have to agree. Some people just enjoy the PvP in this game. I do not see why those that Raid more should be rewarded in the PvP aspect while those that do PvP more see their accomplishments null and void in one patch.....
    Stupid People P*** Me Off

Shadowlander

signed, the valor changes are the most ******ed ideas ive ever heard of

Ascendant

Whats the problem they didnt give valor to carebears, in fact, now low lvl pvper can kill raid geared dude, but yeah this is just bad nerf for crit rogues. I couldnt care less, Ive started to see glimpses of hope this game is failing and I really thikn its done by the end of the year.
    Last edited by June; 06-12-2011 at 02:33 AM.

Telaran

Im P6 Rogue, normaly play MM
    I CANT believe trion is making clerics more OP
    You make them OP because today alredy 1v1 with a cleric is impossible, the cleric CANT LOOSE, under NO CIRCUMSTANCES!, if he know how to click the right buttons, u can sit a week in a duell, and there is NO chanse u can down a cleric.
    So now i ask again, what is gonna happen when u buff them with 40% dmg reduce and 50% less dmg from crit.. Normaly i could get a good cleric down to 50% hp alone, if i were LUCKY and timed everything perfect, i would get him down to 50% hp.

Now after patch, if im lucky i will get him under 90% hp, this is RIDICILUS trion, and i though u were better developers than that, i and other p6 pvpers cant believe this is happening. If u playd ur game, u will see alredy how broken and good clerics are in PVP, and yet u buff them, unbelieveable!

I though they would nerf valor to make it more balanced, this is ridicilus, trion..... Trion i ask you, wtf are you doing?

/signed

Soulwalker

Whoever suggested this new "Crit reduction" should be fired, seriously. It is the most horrible idea I have ever seen in any game I have ever played. How the hell are all classes in general going to kill Clerics now? For classes that rely on Crit to kill players, what are they going to do? Just make up the number in PvP to what will be an abundance of Clerics jumping round like faeries and laughing?

Seriously who you recruiting, developers from a special school or what....

i'm from the french servers and i approve this petition

at least delay those changes and test them futher, your might create a new level of gaming tactics for premades vs premades (aka intelligent fights) but you will just kill pugs with those god mode healers (bards,clerics,chloro) . also don't punish people for doing pvp only ... remove the 37,5 mitigation on all level 50, or make it temporary until the player reaches lets say rank 2/3 at which point he has an incentive to switch from pve T1,T2,raid gear to pvp.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Armano View Post
    Whoever suggested this new "Crit reduction" should be fired, seriously. It is the most horrible idea I have ever seen in any game I have ever played. How the hell are all classes in general going to kill Clerics now? For classes that rely on Crit to kill players, what are they going to do? Just make up the number in PvP to what will be an abundance of Clerics jumping round like faeries and laughing?

Seriously who you recruiting, developers from a special school or what....
    I agree.

It is nothing but sheer lazyness.

To simply put up this set screen of crit reduction is truly showing the dev's responsible as either unwilling or unable to do anything creative or original to better PVP.

Why not simply remove ALL crit bonuses from PVP items while your at it? That would essentially do the same thing. Its silly to think rogues/pyros/dps warriors would ever stand for something as detrimental as this.

Clerics should be worried as well, because now they will be single-handedly responsible for winning or losing ALL warfronts and will be blamed as such. And forget about any clerics going dps, people will want to tear their arms off as it would be an auto-lose for their team.

This entire cheap attempt is in large part due to the many bugs that still persist and have been unable to be fixed.

I am not addressing the "balance" issues which in truth are sure to be tough to handle with such a loose soul system employed in the game, which is one point of true charm and originality that RIFT offers. I simply mean bugs, pure and simple which take weeks or months to be addressed.
    In my opinion, this is something that I simply can't abide. It is either sheer lazyness or lack of ability on Trion's part. I'm actually hoping the latter, as THAT is fixable.

With such an informed and truly helpful player base as this game has, with the sheer number of compendiums of bugs that are updated DAILY on the forums, the community of RIFT actually is doing a large part of the Dev's job for them. All thats left to do is fix them, yet they haven't, and are painfully slow to fix those that they have.

In my opinion it is unacceptable, and whether or not it has become the industry standard, it seems as though a developer would want to rise above it, with any and all means at their disposal.

If they go ahead with this change in PVP Trion may not be signing their death warrant in the MMO industry but be sure their bonuses will be a bit smaller come christmas.

Rift Disciple

Personally i think the changes are good. It takes away the instant splat pvp. Gives people time to do more then spam damage skills. Gives a use for heal debuffs and buff stripping.

Basicly it means pvp wont be dominated by dps classes tab targeting and blowing people up. It will become more about tactics teamwork and skill. I would say i feel sorry for all the rank 6 people in the rank 6 gear sets but in all honesty no i am not. They will still have a fairly large defense bonus over fresh 50s. Clearly if you cant see that well you just have no concept of math and no one can help you.

This change should keep people from being killed in a few short seconds by some random ranged dps class.

Sure it will make clerics tougher and if they spec for defense and heals they will be very hard to kill but while they are hard to kill they have to give up pretty much all damage to get that. just buff strip them heal debuff them and you can kill them.

This is nothing but a improvement to pvp. People shouldnt be getting killed before a stun/silence is up. Gives people a chance to fight back. I know change isnt easy but no reason to be afraid of it. Most mmorpgs have a damage reduction in pvp thats all this is. In the end it means better gameplay.

The crit damage reduction is just making it so nondps classes have a chance. Since pretty much all dps counts on lots of crit. Keep in mind that a lot of tank defenses are useless in pvp thanks to most damage in pvp being ranged magic based damage. This should even the playing field a bit. Most defense is reduced quite a bit in pvp thanks to this now most dps damage is reduced.

Maybe with this tanks wont be totally useless in pvp. We can only hope.

Keep in mind now on live servers many dps classes can do 25-30% damage to someones health per hit per second. Some can do even more. If you really think that is how pvp should be perhaps the type of game you are looking for is a FPS.
    Last edited by MooCow; 06-12-2011 at 04:36 AM.

Hi everyone,

As a reminder, our forum Code of Conduct states that we do not allow polls or petitions on our forums because yes/no/signed answers do not constitute meaningful discussion.

Petitions and Polls: We do not allow petitions or community-created polls on our forums. The reason for this is we do not feel that either encourage a meaningful or constructive discussion since they promote replies that simply say ď/signedĒ or answer a list of questions. In place of a petition, we recommend presenting something as a request or a suggestion so that the entire community can discuss it. Itís also okay to present questions in your first post, but we ask that you donít call it a poll.
    For this reason, we are closing this thread now. If you have valid constructive feedback, please reply to the stickied threads above. If you have already done so, thank you for your feedback - it is much appreciated.

Again, may we remind you to please keep your discussions civil, respectful and constructive.

If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to contact us at community@riftgame.com.

Thank you!

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3