+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: PVP 1.3 Discussion

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayn View Post
    Tldr: don't put crit reduction into valor.
    Basically this. The devs in WoW figured this out after four years of having crit reduction (chance to crit, however, not crit damage; same effect to crit-reliant classes, though), so why is Trion going back to that?

dmv

Quote Originally Posted by Kersey View Post
    It seems that you aren't actually wanting to discuss feedback about the proposed changes, you just want to quote my posts and call them irrelevant.

What I said was that the changes that are being made by Trion are to (hopefully) make PvP more fun and/or fair to everyone. I didn't say that people should "take whatever is given to them." I said that adapting to change is part of the game, and if these changes make the game unwinnable THAT is what they should post about in a constructive way. I don't want to read posts throwing tantrums because they think the changes will make PvP pointless. There is obviously a point, or we wouldn't be seeing these changes.

You see, most of these posters are very short-sighted and can't see the reason for any changes to the game when they are winning. This is especially true when a change affects them in a way they percieve as a "nerf" (too hard to win) or will make the game "boring" (too hard to win.)

Too hard to win is actually what we call a challenge.
    By your definition, if you want a challenge whilst swimming you should bring along cinder blocks and use them as floaties.
    Retired due to lack of PVP content and boring/repetitive game mechanics.

The SLI change for warriors is asinine. The valor changes are pretty weak, as well.

Come to think of it, most of what I've seen for 1.3 seems rushed. The devs need to take another look at the whole damn thing.
    Scott: I can tell you what you absolutely canít do, is go out and read the forums and just look for pure volume of screaming and you canít look for ultimatums and you canít look for those kinds of things.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Myrdhyn View Post
    -Change fulminate to a dot that deals the same damage, but over 10s. Make it take 75% charge
    -Make opportunity apply to warlock spells only and increase it to 20% chance
    -Take snare off of diminishign returns/immunity
    lol@ these suggestions..........fulminate would be completely useless as a dot over 10 seconds.

and nerfing oppurtunity? wtf? thats not why we even have instant cinderburst.
    way to completely **** mage builds with ur "suggestions"
    Killianx<Addiction> - Gnarlwood
    Formerly Killianx/Boosted of <Voodoo>
    Back after a Hiatus
    My TwitchTV

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by dmv View Post
    By your definition, if you want a challenge whilst swimming you should bring along cinder blocks and use them as floaties.
    Losing a game isn't the same as risking your life.

Hyperbole doesn't help you make a successful analogy.
    Last edited by Kersey; 06-10-2011 at 11:20 PM.

dmv

Losing a game isn't the same as risking your life.

Hyperbole doesn't help you make a successful analogy.
    The analogy was to illustrate the severity of the changes, I'm sorry you were unable to understand it.

Telaran

It seems that you aren't actually wanting to discuss feedback about the proposed changes, you just want to quote my posts and call them irrelevant.
    The first part was intended to do just that. The second part wasn't meant to be personal, it was meant to be a blanketed statement to anyone who's chosen a similar PoV.

I mean if you really feel like this is really a step in the right direction for the pvp in this game I would love to hear why and how it would be an improvement over the current state of valor gear. Personally I've found that when both sides have balanced group that fights can go on for a while and be a blast. I've also been in some where both sides actually have too many healers where the fights are drawn out to the point of no longer being fun for anyone. Go beat on a test dummie or watch a healer vs healer duel, there's very little fun to be had from these types of things.
    Darkhold-Warrior
    Seastone - Guardian
    Eviln-Sorc Hulksmasha-Choppa Skull Throne>Badlands
    Warhammer

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by dmv View Post
    The analogy was to illustrate the severity of the changes, I'm sorry you were unable to understand it.
    You were attempting to prove your point by using a weak analogy, a very common logical fallacy.

PYROMANCER
    * Weíre still in the process of making Pyromancer changes specific to PVP regarding burst damage. These changes will have little to no impact on PVE.

Trion with all these changes you are making can i make one suggestion that wont involve you doing a thing?

Dont touch pyros at all let them be thay wont do jack in pvp

and before you all QQ i dont play a mage
    but i do play a cleric and i feel for all the ppl being destroyed by the next patch

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Eviln View Post
    The first part was intended to do just that. The second part wasn't meant to be personal, it was meant to be a blanketed statement to anyone who's chosen a similar PoV.

I mean if you really feel like this is really a step in the right direction for the pvp in this game I would love to hear why and how it would be an improvement over the current state of valor gear. Personally I've found that when both sides have balanced group that fights can go on for a while and be a blast. I've also been in some where both sides actually have too many healers where the fights are drawn out to the point of no longer being fun for anyone. Go beat on a test dummie or watch a healer vs healer duel, there's very little fun to be had from these types of things.
    Exactly, valor was fine. This is just insane, especially the crit damage reduction.

Quote Originally Posted by Vayra View Post
    . . . you realise no one will ever die with 2 wardens on their side now, right? Making valor reduce critical damage as well as overall damage is NOT a good idea. Make it either/or, not both.

Time to start looking for a new game or head back to WAR, this game won't have any pvp worth playing after 1.3
    I wasn't aware the pvp was worth playing for anything more than an additional pve grind for the rank 6 weapons currently? Garbage pvp just got even worse. Now it's toxic waste pvp?

dmv

You were attempting to prove your point by using a weak analogy, a very common logical fallacy.
    The analogy stands, this is an incredibly severe nerf to all damage with no change to healing. You can attack my analogy as much as you'd like it is still accurate.

As for opinions, you've yet to give one. Also a quick check of your post history shows you're a cleric. These changes haven't gone live yet, and it is borderline insane to claim that voiceing ones concern or stating what someones actions will be are in any way inappropriate.

TLDR version: You're a cleric trying to derail the attempts to prevent this from going live.

Rift Disciple

Honestly, I'd actually be happy with these changes if it wasn't for the invinci-clerics. TTK is way to low in this game... except for invinci-clerics where TTK is ridiculously high. This will make for better matches that don't involve clerics, and any side that has an invinci-cleric will never, ever, die.

Brb, changing as much spell crit into spell power as I can...

Quote Originally Posted by Xyrd View Post
    Honestly, I'd actually be happy with these changes if it wasn't for the invinci-clerics. TTK is way to low in this game... except for invinci-clerics where TTK is ridiculously high. This will make for better matches that don't involve clerics, and any side that has an invinci-cleric will never, ever, die.

Brb, changing as much spell crit into spell power as I can...
    Wheres my XYRD hourly mixes?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    Yeah because warriors were a threat in the first place right?
    Um, correctly spec'd and played, warriors were/are the best PVP class in the game ATM. They have burst damage on par with pyros, higher HP and mitigation that every other class, and the highest damage mitigation builds in the game. Either as a front line AoE burst machine or as a subdue tank, they really are better than any caster or rogue calling. Honestly, played right they are almost as good as a cleric in PvP.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast