+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 41 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 26 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: PVP 1.3 Discussion

Default well

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSunshine View Post
    You've said this really well. There are ton of people who just are not interested in PvP, and never will be. They come from the Everquest, LOTRO school of thought and are perfectly happy doing what they're doing.

Then there are hardcore PvPers, and they come from a different line (DAoC, GW, even FPSs perhaps).

Why is Trion trying to force both types of players to do something they don't enjoy in the first place?

Trion you can never, ever, get me to enjoy killing a dragon mindlessly. And you can't get most of the people in my guild to PvP for 12 straight hours and have a great time.

One's a grind to me, the other's a grind to them. Why can't Trion simply recognize this?

Just like it takes months to get the stats in Tier 3 or now Tier 4 gear, I earned my PvP gaer. I spent countless hours playing, in order for me to get a great DR in relative terms. I have absolutely no complaints about my Rank 2 Cleric dying immensel - I don't mind it at all, it's part of the PvP mindset.
    You get what you earn, not what the monster drops or Trion decides. And real "prestige" comes from developing a reputation on the battlefield, something that you can never mandate from up top.

All we wanted was a slight, and I really mean modest, nerf to one spec, the Pyro. Maybe 20-25%. That's it.
    I never even heard of people asking for this ridiculous new Valor system. Why would you implement it?

Is it because you just hired someone new for the PvP designer role? What's going on?

Couldn't you do what we asked for, repeatedly, in these forums:
    1) New Warfronts - this would be great, and something I really would have looked forward to.
    2) New PvP gear - especially essences. PvPers don't do raids or Rifts, look at our plaanar focuses, many of us don't have great ones.
    3) PvP Prestige Rank 7 and 8. Since PvE is going up to Tier 4, is it not right that PvP move up to Rank 7 and 8? And should we not have even better prestige gear?
    4) Fix Port Scion (Port PvE).
    5) Oh yeah, modestly nerf Pyro by about 20-25%.

That's it, these are the same requests that have been made for over the past two moths.

But nothing towards this, instead a totally new Valor system, and Crit system out of nowhere.

Someone at Trion needs to get there resume together soon.
    6) dont make the p6 clerics immortals

Arash /Linke - P8 MM <Vantage>
    ""three shots,one kill"

Soulwalker

Default First post ever

i played wow for over 4 years and i've been playing Rift for 2 months. i've played other MMO's too but till now i havent posted anything yet, even though i have been closely following community forums and fan forums for all the games i play.

I loved Rift so much and i was enjoying the PvP so i wanted to focus on that aspect of the game, unlike being a hardcore raider in previous games.

Even reading the planned changes to valor system made me stop playing for 2 days so far. Being a Rank 4 i now learned i dont neet to get higher on ranks anymore because PvE geared people would get buffed for some reason and all my efforts on PvP ranks and items seem pointless. PvE already has best weapons and now give them damage reduction ......

Enjoying my Sin build which highly and Only depends on critical burst damage, you plan to kill that too. Longer fights are the worst enemies of melee rogues. and you try to make fights longer...

The message i get is this: If i want to enjoy Rift, either i have to play PvE, or i have to reroll a cleric. I dont think PvE content is exciting and long lasting enough, and i dont think i will enjoy 15 clerics vs 15 clerics warfronts.

Oh i have a suggestion maybe, make healing spells do serious damage on enemy players too (something like Holy Shock) so playing healer clerics would be way to go as a dps too.

These are my personal opinions, and if %90 of you guys are happy with these changes, all i can say is have fun playing. Because these games go to a direction where more paying customers point to and i respect that.
    Last edited by Jaguarlord; 06-11-2011 at 03:13 PM.

why Trion doesnt add rank 7 and makes all those changes only to rank 7 if they want to? ****.. i have nothing to do, rank 7 will keep me busy at least for a week
    LotD core member and beta tester
    www.lotd.org

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet View Post
    We wanted to provide individual threads for each archetype to discuss and share their feedback. Please use this thread to provide your feedback for the upcoming changes in Update 1.3. Your feedback is important and can help shape and refine these changes - nothing is permanent on the Public Test Shard and your feedback is vital to the process!

As always, please keep your feedback constructive, on-topic, and with respect to the opinions of others - thanks
    I wonder how many people actually read this part at all especially where it says "Your feedback is important and can help shape and refine these changes - nothing is permanent on the Public Test Shard and your feedback is vital to the process!".

Quote Originally Posted by Nickwisni View Post
    I wonder how many people actually read this part at all especially where it says "Your feedback is important and can help shape and refine these changes - nothing is permanent on the Public Test Shard and your feedback is vital to the process!".
    No, we do, and that's why we are being so vocal about this.

I rarely post, but these new changes are, for a lack of a better work, extremely disturbing.

Plane Touched

It blows my mind how they keep catering to clerics. The fact that Valor alone gives them a big advantage now crit? wtf?

Default great job trion

what do you need to do , to f up with a pvp game ??
    just ask to trion
    Congratulations Trion, the game developers just managed a perfect way to kill the PvP

well, it would be all on the healers ( is not a huge change from what we have now) alrigth, thats is realy stupid change, but if was only that. ok we can handle it..
    but, nerf the crit dmg ?? god damn it.why ?? whats the point ?? this is totaly stupid

btw, if all that realy comes out on 1.3, rename the warfronts to "Healing Grounds"it fits better ...

take look at the 1.3 changes and just imagine a black garden with
    one bard-riftstalker
    3 wardens
    1 clhoro

Arash /Linke - P8 MM <Vantage>
    ""three shots,one kill"

Rift Disciple

Players running around in full t3 or t4 should be glass cannons. They should have zero valor. A craftable set of valor gear would have helped newer level 50 pvpers much more than this silly solution.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dmv View Post
    In one foul swoop Trion has destroyed pvp as we know it in Rift, and I really wish I was being dramatic.
    This.

What. The. Hell.

The time taking to make unnecessary changes like this should really go into making NEW pvp CONTENT, instead of all this stuff. The reason I'm not playing very much anymore isn't due to the stats on my gear, it's due to having the same four warfronts since the game came out and since level 10. It's boring.
    Atilius

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Nickwisni View Post
    Because that's just pandering and dishonest given the changes they plan to make. The suggested changes make it clear that PVP players are not welcome in Rift. So, what's the point of giving feedback if you're constantly going to be categorized as a second class citizen?

Shadowlander

25+ pages of this is a bad idea dont dooo it.

No response?

Shadowlander

I dont understand: the forums are full with threads like "change cc", "clerics are op" or "heal is op" and then trion make this bs-patch!? Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftly View Post
    Lawlz, rerolling cleric.
    every warfront is ALREADY 60%-70% rogues , and 1-3 mages thrown in for good measure.
    when I see a cleric they are usually.... ok for usually , they are ALWAYS one of the extremely high rr clerics still holding on for dear life.

if you reroll a cleric you will be at least be playing a rare class in pvp.

If these changes will effect healers in the way u guys think.
    wouldnt it be fair that they put a limit on to how manny healers can be in a wf
    for excample black garden, max limit of healers that can join is 2 each side
    problem solved and groups are balanced a bit on healing, depending on the gear they have that is

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 41 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 26 ... LastLast