+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 41 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: PVP 1.3 Discussion

Rift Chaser

yeah the problem with clerics is not heal debuffing them, that why as rank 6 with a 50 percent debuff on crit to their healing, and a castable 30 percent reduction that doesnt stack (but can be used in between crits), still has trouble cutting through their heals. That why people don't complain that when you do focus fire them with 5 people they die fast.....

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Kersey View Post
    You remind me of the last WF I PuG'd. I get the feeling you're the guy that tries to duel in WFs and then cry about heals while I am defending the flag against the 3 guys you chose to ignore. Newsflash for you: no you aren't pro and yes you need us to win.
    Maybe don't speak on things you know nothing of? I don't go into raid forums providing feedback when I don't raid. Respectfully **** if you don't PvP, your feedback is less than useless. You just look like a **** with every comment.

Kind Regards

Rift Disciple

I hadn't even thought about the base 20% valor working in favor of the PvE players. That's great. Not only do they have a higher tier than we do for armor and weapons, but now they also get the benefit of our gear as well without having to do anything.

Slowing the game down to accommodate the lowest common denominator is going to kill it for the rest of us.

If it's not readily apparent from the majority of this thread's responses, you need to just scrap the entire list of proposed valor changes. Go with the class balance changes, forget the rest.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Holypain View Post
    Just wow...
    R.I.P. my loved Assa. that makes another 6 of my talents kinda worthless, and gives my target even more time to run to his healer, or if its a healer, just heal through all my lolnomorecritdmg and laugh plus ignore me, yay!
    To not start ****, i will just say, i dont like the rangespecs, so that only leaves bard or nightblade to play for me, minus nightblade, since the dmg will be very gimped too, so bard it is. Exactly what i choose rogue for, spamming cadenz all night long.
    At least i stay alive even longer then with my brd/rs/infi spec.

If this goes life, im done with rift.
    Its not a option for me to reroll.

Not that healing is already way to overpowered in PvP, but to make sure, just destroy the last few ways to kill healers/clerics.

Besides that, and to make the mentioned even more worse, valor for everyone? are u kidding me!?
    So i grinded all the way to PR6, just to get a few more secs to kill my target, and with this update everyone has this+1?
    I do understand that ppl dont want to get bursted in 1 stunlock, but i was never able to do that to good players. Its also understandable to make it not longer possible to 1shot ppl. But u totaly destroying whole souls here.

Since i read this thread i didnt feel like playing Rift anymore, i just dont feel like wasting my time on something i will quit in 2 weeks anyways, so i just logged out.
    This isnt even online, and i already lost the fun with the game i had until reading this.

Sry for my bad english, but i wanted to toss out my opinion, and i think for the most part its understandable what i want to say.
    +1 /10chars

Soulwalker

Coming from a Rank 3 warrior, if this goes through, I will have to reroll or quit. I already die if I can't kill someone within the first 7 seconds of a fight. Now they are nerfing my burst damage by moving SLI down the tree, and making me do less damage against other players with valor. Something needs to be done, I implore you Trion, I know you are smarter than this.

Shadowlander

Valor gear is fine the way it is adding crit reduction and improving the dmg reduction again is rediculously unneeded

these proposed changes in 1.3 are across the board terrible for pretty much everything

Waiiiit, will this mean that people will have to play TOGETHER in a Massively MULTIPLAYER game? Jesus christ, Trion is out of their mind!

They want us to focus the healers for once and play as a group. This is all bull crap, I should cancel my sub right away.

Quote Originally Posted by Meccros View Post
    just wanted to quote this as it's exactly how I feel
    Completely agree. I just spent the padt month of a beautiful spring in New York getting 1million favor for the DR.

What the ****? Why is Trion doing this now?

This is an immense insult to your customers, if this were not a computer game I may even be able to sue you for breach of contract. You can't rewrite rules as you go along.

Trion, we're not little children playing this game, and changes like these and your patronizing attitude are a big putdown for customers.

Why did I ever buy this game and sink time and money into this nonsense?

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSunshine View Post
    Completely agree. I just spent the padt month of a beautiful spring in New York getting 1million favor for the DR.

What the ****? Why is Trion doing this now?

This is an immense insult to your customers, if this were not a computer game I may even be able to sue you for breach of contract. You can't rewrite rules as you go along.

Trion, we're not little children playing this game, and changes like these and your patronizing attitude are a big putdown for customers.

Why did I ever buy this game and sink time and money into this nonsense?
    This guy didn't realise yet that MMO's are made to be time sinks.

Rift Disciple

What really surprises me is that these changes came out from nowhere. Nobody was calling for anything like this. Crit damage from 1 or 2 souls out of all the callings, under certain conditions, was a little op. Fine, tune the damage that arises from such situations. I never imagined they would blanket nerf crit in this manner.

I have a rank 6 rogue but even in my rank 1 days of full T2 gear being squished by rank 6's, I never expected to be handed a cheesemode buff like this. I was in pve gear. I expected to be farmed until I earn my ranks.

If this is being done to make pvp more appealing to pve casuals in the hope that more people pvp... Well you've failed right there because you have just alienated almost the entire pvp community.

And at the end of the day, the people who actually take this aspect of your game seriously are the hardcore pvpers. I mean come on. You might see the pve folks in one or two warfronts but 90% of the time it's the same few names over and over. AKA the people who love pvp.

Shadowlander

Default nice

i like the changes and yes im a warden cleric but still people saying we are gods is pretty stupid im not easy to kill i assure you but im supposed to heal 5+ people so the healing output has to be high maybe now people will mark the healers more and learn strats instead of zerging everything. i like that they took the mega dmg to a more reasonable level not only for mages not 1 shotting people but as a melee cleric getting a 200% buff was op i liked the extra kills but beating the crap out of 3 people was somewhat OP :P but i like the changes guys will see how it plays out

Soulwalker

Default rapture

this better not make rouges worthless or ill cancle my account faster then i made it...
    i didnt grind for the pvp gear to make it useless.
    the point of pvp gear was to make it so you have an advantage over pve gear.
    if this makes it so i can not ever kill a healer with pvp or pve gear on i will leave and so will alot of others.
    Pull your head out of your collective ---- and think like you did when you first made this game.
    Last edited by Mercuary; 06-11-2011 at 02:28 PM.

Default agree

Quote Originally Posted by Freida View Post
    What really surprises me is that these changes came out from nowhere. Nobody was calling for anything like this. Crit damage from 1 or 2 souls out of all the callings, under certain conditions, was a little op. Fine, tune the damage that arises from such situations. I never imagined they would blanket nerf crit in this manner.

I have a rank 6 rogue but even in my rank 1 days of full T2 gear being squished by rank 6's, I never expected to be handed a cheesemode buff like this. I was in pve gear. I expected to be farmed until I earn my ranks.

If this is being done to make pvp more appealing to pve casuals in the hope that more people pvp... Well you've failed right there because you have just alienated almost the entire pvp community.

And at the end of the day, the people who actually take this aspect of your game seriously are the hardcore pvpers. I mean come on. You might see the pve folks in one or two warfronts but 90% of the time it's the same few names over and over. AKA the people who love pvp.
    100 % agree with you

Arash /Linke - P8 MM <Vantage>
    ""three shots,one kill"

I also agree with the above statement. Giving fresh level 50's over half of the damage mitigation is just horrid. I am on a PvE server but I enjoy my PvP as much as the next guy. My first Warfront after hitting level 50, I expect to get killed faster and more often then those who have worked on getting higher ranks. If you want to survive longer in PvP, you have to earn it.

I wish they would focus their efforts on adding more PvP to this game such as 2v2 or 3v3 arena. Most didn't like the fact that wow only gave the best PvP gear to those who did arena. I loved it, because in arena you can't AFK farm, and you can't Bot your way up.

Quote Originally Posted by Freida View Post

You've said this really well. There are ton of people who just are not interested in PvP, and never will be. They come from the Everquest, LOTRO school of thought and are perfectly happy doing what they're doing.

Then there are hardcore PvPers, and they come from a different line (DAoC, GW, even FPSs perhaps).

Why is Trion trying to force both types of players to do something they don't enjoy in the first place?

Trion you can never, ever, get me to enjoy killing a dragon mindlessly. And you can't get most of the people in my guild to PvP for 12 straight hours and have a great time.

One's a grind to me, the other's a grind to them. Why can't Trion simply recognize this?

Just like it takes months to get the stats in Tier 3 or now Tier 4 gear, I earned my PvP gaer. I spent countless hours playing, in order for me to get a great DR in relative terms. I have absolutely no complaints about my Rank 2 Cleric dying immensel - I don't mind it at all, it's part of the PvP mindset.
    You get what you earn, not what the monster drops or Trion decides. And real "prestige" comes from developing a reputation on the battlefield, something that you can never mandate from up top.

All we wanted was a slight, and I really mean modest, nerf to one spec, the Pyro. Maybe 20-25%. That's it.
    I never even heard of people asking for this ridiculous new Valor system. Why would you implement it?

Is it because you just hired someone new for the PvP designer role? What's going on?

Couldn't you do what we asked for, repeatedly, in these forums:
    1) New Warfronts - this would be great, and something I really would have looked forward to.
    2) New PvP gear - especially essences. PvPers don't do raids or Rifts, look at our plaanar focuses, many of us don't have great ones.
    3) PvP Prestige Rank 7 and 8. Since PvE is going up to Tier 4, is it not right that PvP move up to Rank 7 and 8? And should we not have even better prestige gear?
    4) Fix Port Scion (Port PvE).
    5) Oh yeah, modestly nerf Pyro by about 20-25%.

That's it, these are the same requests that have been made for over the past two moths.

But nothing towards this, instead a totally new Valor system, and Crit system out of nowhere.

Someone at Trion needs to get there resume together soon.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 41 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 ... LastLast