+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 66 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Warrior 1.3 Discussion

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Telaran

Default Warrior 1.3 Discussion

Greetings!

We wanted to provide individual threads for each archetype to discuss and share their feedback. Please use this thread to provide your feedback for the upcoming changes in Update 1.3. Your feedback is important and can help shape and refine these changes - nothing is permanent on the Public Test Shard and your feedback is vital to the process!

As always, please keep your feedback constructive, on-topic, and with respect to the opinions of others - thanks

COMBAT
    * Stealth: Fixed a bug with toggling melee auto-attack would cause stealth to break.
    * Fixed a bug causing the Class Mechanic UI to display effects from other players instead of just your own (ex: Stormcaller, Necromancer).
    * Fixed some effects on pets to be lost when teleporting.
    * Fixed an issue causing abilities to fail to work properly against players that had just been stunned while jumping.
    * Mana: Changed the way mana-regeneration is calculated to now include diminishing returns. This should have little impact on leveling characters and is only noticeable once higher levels of gear are attained.

WARRIOR

BEASTMASTER
    * New ability - Companion's Call: Makes the next pet summon ability instant-cast.
    * Greater Primal Companion: Claw Swipe: Fixed a bug causing this to occasionally only hit one target.
    * Fixed some bugs with the icon display for Summon Greater Primal Companion.

CHAMPION
    * Deadly Strikes: Now increases the damage of attack point builders by an additional amount for each point spent in Champion over 30.
    * Bash: To better match up with other interrupts, the cooldown has been increased to 8 seconds and Power cost reduced to 10.

PALADIN
    * Warden's Protection: Will no longer be removed when the affected player changes zones.
    * Face Slam: To better match up with other interrupts, the cooldown has been increased to 8 seconds, damage reduced slightly, and Power cost reduced to 10 Power.
    * Improved Paladin's Devotion: Fixed a tooltip bug that reported the wrong amount of cooldown reduction on Paladin's Devotion. Tooltip now properly shows a cooldown reduction of 10-20 seconds. This is a cosmetic fix only.

PARAGON
    * Strike Like Iron: Moved to a 38 point root ability.
    * New root ability - Reaping Harvest: Available with 2 points spent in Paragon. Attack point consuming ability that requires dual wielding.
    * Path of the Wind: Now requires the Paragon to be dual wielding.
    * Way of the Wind: Now triggers a second weapon attack after using any attack ability that requires dual wielding.
    * Paired Strike: Now causes the next follow-up strike to critically hit.
    * Flinching Strike: To better match with other interrupts, the damage is no longer based on weapon damage, cooldown reduced to 8 seconds, and Power cost has been reduced to 10 Power.
    * Bend Like the Reed: In addition to enhancing Parry, now also increases the damage done by attacks that require dual wielding. To support this change and put this in line with similar finishers, the cooldown has been increased to 1 minute.

RIFTBLADE
    * Rift Storm: Fixed a bug causing different icons to appear in game compared to the Soul Tree version.
    * Fiery Burst: Should now reliably trigger Enhanced Burst.
    * Riftwalk: Fixed a bug causing this ability to not break stuns. Now deals damage to the enemy. Due to this there are now multiple ranks of Riftwalk which can be trained at your nearest Warrior trainer!
    * Improved Riftwalk: Now enhances the damage dealt by Riftwalk in addition to reducing the cooldown.
    * Rift Storm: Reduced cooldown to 2 minutes from 3.
    * Avatar of the Rift: Increased the amount of Attack Power contribution.
    * Surging Energy: Fixed a case where this could sometimes not trigger.

WARLORD
    * Intimidating: The debuff tooltip should now actually work.
    * Fixed a typo in the Warlord Soul tooltip.

VINDICATOR [PvP]
    * Advantage: Tooltip changed to more accurately describe what the ability does; increases the chance to get a critical hit by 1-5%.

VOID KNIGHT
    * Furious Rage: To better match up with other interrupts, the cooldown has been increased to 8 seconds, and the ability damage is no longer based on weapon damage.

Prophet of Telara

I feel, currently, the SLI Change compensation to the other builds is negligible and is creating a much larger DPS loss then I am wondering if it was intended.

Riftblade damage, a big portion of it, relied on SLI. I felt the changes to AP Scaling helped the tree overall but if anything, this useless DPS Raid Tree has become even more useless with the SLI Change. There is no synergy with this tree really with other trees. If there were more "Physical" abilities or if the spells counted as "Physical" it would alleviate some of the pains with this tree.

If we want to do competitive DPS we are still pigeon holed in to SLI, albeit farther up the tree. To make matters worse now, we require 1hs and I'm sure all the rogues out there enjoy that.

I've been trying build after build trying to find some light to this class in a DPS sense and I can't seem to locate any =/

The 51 Point builds, Champ/RB/Bm are not worth specializing in to.

Top DPS STill requires SLI as well as a Pet.

Attack Power/Str Scaling is still beyond Sub Par. At least in the current build.
    Last edited by Exphryl; 06-10-2011 at 05:54 PM.
    Horrible Main Tank of --- <Zombie Goasts> - Shatterbone (US Guardian)
    Crappy Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/exphryl

Shield of Telara

essentially you've just removed the warrior dps crutch, significantly affected their ability to interrupt (pretty important for competent warriors who like to interrupt heals/casts), and (finally) fixed the riftblade bugs.

how long does it take to level a cleric to 50?

Champion

AP hasnt been scaled. DPS has been cut to a dangerously low number on 2 handed builds.

Best build so far has been 38 para. This puts a bottleneck on weapons of the 1 handed variety.

Damage for the 'cookie cutter' has fallen through the floor.

You remove SLI which was the only hope warriors had for keeping up in DPS and replace it with nothing at all but hot air.

Real slick Trion. I'm predicting a mass exodus in 12 days.

Why do we even bother to post when we've explained the problem. Given you solutions to the problem. Shown you evidence of the situation and yet you still continue to willfully disregard the situation?

Seriously. I'm asking the question.

Plane Touched

You can't buff 51 point abilities or make us go deep into champion as a make up for losing SLI, that forces us to give up another huge chunk of our dps by losing the pet. Was our dps too high before? i don't see how that can be true. This is a massive nerf to our damage potential.

Telaran

seems 1.3 is intended to make all warriors roll tanks. good job im already one

Account canceled. GG Trion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laughingstock
    SWTOR will hit a big enough audience on it's own to be successful. Know why? Because Star Wars has fanbois just like you: that would buy anything that says SW on the box that know nothing about Bioware.
    When defending something, the best course of action is not to admit the only thing going for it is blind devotion.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Navvy View Post
    seems 1.3 is intended to make all warriors roll clerics. good job im already one
    Fixed that for ya.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by threash View Post
    You can't buff 51 point abilities or make us go deep into champion as a make up for losing SLI, that forces us to give up another huge chunk of our dps by losing the pet. Was our dps too high before? i don't see how that can be true. This is a massive nerf to our damage potential.
    They would rework Disruptive Strike (which is horrible) and Destroyer's Blessing to do different thing or add a scaling component to it that effects champion abiltiies. Just make it just an amazing self buff =/
    Horrible Main Tank of --- <Zombie Goasts> - Shatterbone (US Guardian)
    Crappy Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/exphryl

Rift Chaser

I just cannot get the point by moving SLI to 38 points in paragon without buff other warrior's dps.

Yes, warrior can achieve 1.2k or more dps atm with t3 or relic 2 handed weapons. But that is based on SLI's 48% (96% on rising waterfall) extra dmg buff active all the time.

Without buff in overall dps for other dps souls, Warrior with t3/relic weapons will only get like 800-900 dps, which is equals to a t2 geared rogue. So, who will want warrior dps in raid now?

And it is interesting that u make so any skills in paragon needs dual weapons when didnt solve the base weapon dps problem of warrior dual weapons. (Which is, warrior's dual weapon has same base dps as rogues but has 1.5s gcd and much lower skill dmg)

Plane Touched

This is likely going to make dual wield the default choice for raiding now, making all two hand drops including the legendaries of both raid zones utterly useless and rogues very mad at us for taking their weapons. Please rethink this horribly thought out change. Our damage did not need nerfing this badly or at all.
    Last edited by threash; 06-10-2011 at 06:03 PM.

Rift Chaser

I do not understand why you would nerf the 2H damage of warriors this much, now Warriors who wants to be competitive in Raid enviroments will be forced into using 1-handers and all previous 2handers acquired will be useless.

Shadowlander

Waiting for the live version... any reason why Trion decided to lower the DPS of a warrior?

Maybe they plan on adjusting strength contribution?
    Rolling cleric if this patch goes live without any other improvements.

or just take some serious time off from the game that is very anti warrior..
    Last edited by Slipperypescado; 06-10-2011 at 06:07 PM.

Soulwalker

i have to wear leather with max crit cause ap scaling sucks and now i delete my 2-hand relic to roll on rogues 1-hands?
    i am a warri damnd and no 2nd rogues with less dps!
    next acc quit here.. gg trion
    Last edited by Bi0HAZARD; 06-10-2011 at 06:12 PM.

lol this is ****ing pathetic, you got 12 days to fire your soul balancing staff and get your **** together, seriously. Why would I want to play this game with a ****ty dps WARRIOR

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 66 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 ... LastLast