+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Rogue 1.3 Discussion

1.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Telaran

Default Rogue 1.3 Discussion

ROGUE

BARD
    * Motif of Regeneration: Now considered a spell, and can be Silenced.

BLADEDANCER
    * Contra Tempo: Fixed the effect tooltip to indicate that it increases the damage of the next three Combo Point generating abilities.
    * Deadly Dance: Fixed a bug where applying Saboteur Charges to the target did not consume the Deadly Dance effect.

INFILTRATOR [PvP]
    * Cloudy Poison: Reduced casting speed debuff to 20%.
    * Camouflage: Fixed characters being knocked out of stealth when re-entering a Marksman's Pedestal.
    * Step Into the Shadows: Fixed the cooldown being activated when using any stealth ability.

RANGER
    * Killer Focus: Damage bonus should be correctly applied to ranged weapons.
    * Prey on the Weak: Fixed the buff triggered by this ability not being removed when the character dies.

RIFTSTALKER
    * Shadow Stalk: Fixed a bug where this would sometimes be available while under control effects it cannot break.
    * Shadow Assault, Shadow Blitz: Now properly affected by damage modifications from buffs and debuffs.

SABOTEUR
    * Remote Clipping: Fixed a bug where the range of Detonate was being increased by 1 meter instead of 2 meters.

dmv

Just lol at cloudy poison.
    Retired due to lack of PVP content and boring/repetitive game mechanics.

This is it....?

No nerfs....?

Rift Disciple

Wow. Pretty small update on rogues.

I was expecting more...maybe.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by WTFool View Post
    I was expecting more...maybe.
    Looking at the warrior SLI changes and the stormcaller changes, I'm not sure you want any changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sayam View Post
    Looking at the warrior SLI changes and the stormcaller changes, I'm not sure you want any changes.
    This is seriously mind numbing. All pay homage to your rogue overlords I guess.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet View Post
    ROGUE

BARD
    * Motif of Regeneration: Now considered a spell, and can be Silenced.

BLADEDANCER
    * Contra Tempo: Fixed the effect tooltip to indicate that it increases the damage of the next three Combo Point generating abilities.
    * Deadly Dance: Fixed a bug where applying Saboteur Charges to the target did not consume the Deadly Dance effect.

INFILTRATOR [PvP]
    * Cloudy Poison: Reduced casting speed debuff to 20%.
    * Camouflage: Fixed characters being knocked out of stealth when re-entering a Marksman's Pedestal.
    * Step Into the Shadows: Fixed the cooldown being activated when using any stealth ability.

RANGER
    * Killer Focus: Damage bonus should be correctly applied to ranged weapons.
    * Prey on the Weak: Fixed the buff triggered by this ability not being removed when the character dies.

RIFTSTALKER
    * Shadow Stalk: Fixed a bug where this would sometimes be available while under control effects it cannot break.
    * Shadow Assault, Shadow Blitz: Now properly affected by damage modifications from buffs and debuffs.

SABOTEUR
    * Remote Clipping: Fixed a bug where the range of Detonate was being increased by 1 meter instead of 2 meters.
    Very nice. Rogues are at a nice spot right now, with multiple viable dps trees, and a grade A tank and support tree. I'm glad to see Trion realizes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sayam View Post
    Warriors were due to be nerf some. Their overall dps was a tad high for what they are able to do. Throw rank 6 plate gear and they are pretty potent.

As for Stormcaller, again, they were a tad OP in PvP w/ Lightning Field/Forked Lightning. Simply put, they can AoE **** at will given what they have now. It was kind like how Pyros from last patch were doing.

I do suspect seeing melee Sabs re-doing their spec since Deadly Dance is fix now. Makes me wonder how big of a difference with the fix in. Hmmm.....

Quote Originally Posted by WTFool View Post
    Warriors were due to be nerf some. Their overall dps was a tad high for what they are able to do. Throw rank 6 plate gear and they are pretty potent.

As for Stormcaller, again, they were a tad OP in PvP w/ Lightning Field/Forked Lightning. Simply put, they can AoE **** at will given what they have now. It was kind like how Pyros from last patch were doing.
    Kind of like...sabs AoE

Assassin single target > Pyroller

MM > Any other mage spec

Well time to start levelling my black rogue Jaquavis

Champion of Telara

With the Mage and Warrior nerfs, Rogues will be 20+% higher than either in raid dps. Congrats guys, you won 1.3.
    I am a lawyer in real life, but I try to roleplay an honorable character ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Shredicus View Post
    Kind of like...sabs AoE

Assassin single target > Pyroller

MM > Any other mage spec

Well time to start levelling my black rogue Jaquavis
    Yep.

I played a MM during beta and they were the ****znit until the massive dps nerf.

Then I moved to Sabo when live hit and then they got nailed.

Rogues had it bad since beginning and now the rest is now feeling the BAT.

Personally, I'm kinda glad.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad1959 View Post
    With the Mage and Warrior nerfs, Rogues will be 20+% higher than either in raid dps. Congrats guys, you won 1.3.
    lol

I serioulsy don't see mages getting hit that hard. Sure, Stormcaller is being hit decently, but Mages still do well dps-wise.

As for Warriors, it's been overdue. Tired of seeing 1k+ dps from a plate class that is bult to be tanks first and not dps (like rogues/mages).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast