+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Cleric 1.3 Discussion

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Telaran

Default Cleric 1.3 Discussion

Greetings!

We wanted to provide individual threads for each archetype to discuss and share their feedback. Please use this thread to provide your feedback for the upcoming changes in Update 1.3. Your feedback is important and can help shape and refine these changes - nothing is permanent on the Public Test Shard and your feedback is vital to the process!

As always, please keep your feedback constructive, on-topic, and with respect to the opinions of others - thanks

COMBAT
    * Stealth: Fixed a bug with toggling melee auto-attack would cause stealth to break.
    * Fixed a bug causing the Class Mechanic UI to display effects from other players instead of just your own (ex: Stormcaller, Necromancer).
    * Fixed some effects on pets to be lost when teleporting.
    * Fixed an issue causing abilities to fail to work properly against players that had just been stunned while jumping.
    * Mana: Changed the way mana-regeneration is calculated to now include diminishing returns. This should have little impact on leveling characters and is only noticeable once higher levels of gear are attained.

CLERIC

INQUISITOR
    * Armor of Treachery: Corrected the out-of-date tooltip to match the spell's current functionality.
    * Armor of Awakening: The Critical Hit chance increase now displays properly in the Character stat window.
    * Divine Pardon: Now reduces threat by the proper amount.
    * Lethargy: No longer applies to Harsh Discipline and Aggressive Renewal if you haven't spent points in it.

JUSTICAR
    * Due to the below changes, characters with Soul Points spent in Justicar will receive a free soul respec.
    * Devout Deflection: Now increases Parry by 30-90% of your Spell Power, and Dodge by 20-60% of your Spell Power.
    * Doctrine of Valiance: Removed.
    * Humility: Now available as a tier 4 branch ability.
    * Interdict: Now available as a tier 5 branch ability.
    * Resplendent Embrace: Now available as a 32 point root ability.
    * Rebuke: Now available as a 44 point root ability. Causes up to 5 enemies within 7 meters of the targeted enemy to run to and attack the Justicar for 3 seconds. Does not affect players or player pets.
    * Forced to Kneel: Removed.
    * Commitment: Now available as a tier 6 branch ability.
    * Thorvin's Law: New tier 6 branch ability. Causes Precept of Refuge to reduce all magic damage taken by 5-10%. Requires Precept of Refuge and Safe Haven.
    * Righteous Mandate: Will no longer be removed when the affected player changes zones.

PURIFIER
    * Surging Flames: Will no longer be removed when the affected player changes zones.
    * Disciple of Flame: Now adds a Spell Power bonus to your Caregiver's Blessing of 5%, plus an additional 3% per point spent in Purifier above 36. Also adds a Spell Power bonus to all other Purifier absorption shields of 10% plus an additional 7.5% per point spent in Purifier above 36.

SENTINEL
    * Marked by the Light: Will no longer be removed when the affected player changes zones.

WARDEN
    * Tidal Surge: No longer wasted if cast just after Healing Current.
    * Healing Current: Corrected mana costs across all ranks.

Lol what mana regeneration?

Nice Nice.

I thought Shaman was getting a little work as well?
    But the new purifier sounds cool, Ill have to g ive 51 a shot

As these changes where already know by most clerics here is some feedback.
    The change to Devout deflection is welcome but still doesn't help with the fact the strength is still our best mitigation stat. A couple of suggestions has been made to make wisdom our best avoidance stat without causing our avoidance stats to increase beyond what they are with these changes

One of the suggested changes is this one:
    Stalwart Citadel: Increases your Block rating by 25/50/75% of your Wisdom
    Devout Deflection: Increase you Parry rating by 45/90/135% of you Wisdom and you Dodge by 20/40/60% of you Spellpower.

And another one is this one:
    Stalwart Citadel: Increases your Block rating by 33/66/100% of your Wisdom
    Devout Deflection: Increases your Parry rating by 20/40/60% of your Wisdom and Intellect, and your Dodge by 10/20/30% of your Wisdom and Intellect.

But in this thread there are more suggestions have been made.

Also Thorvin's law is a welcome change but it is not enough to bring us in line with the other tanks.
    It puts our total non-physical mitigation to 25.8% but this is still far lower then a correctly specced warriors 43.36% or a rogues 46%. So we really need a bit more then this, but this can be placed deeper in the tree or a a high root ability to avoid healers getting it for pvp.

I also saw that Replendant Embrace is no longer on the gcd which is a welcome change but this should also be done for our Reprieve and Just Defense. And regarding those last 2 a bit better scaling would be nice. The difference in Reprieve with high and low spellpower is unnoticeable even though our health increases resulting in it healing for a lower percentage but bosses keep hitting for about the same percentage with new content. And Just Defense doesn't scale at all making it absorb less and less of a single blow.

Other then that I think most cleric will agree that the other changes were very welcome (some would have liked to see Doctrine of Valiance changed instead of removed).

Edit: Forgot to mention that the new Rebuke spell is currently bugged on the PTS and doesn't force them to walk towards the cleric, this causes casters mobs to simple cast their spells instead of walk towards you.
    Last edited by Radak; 06-10-2011 at 05:59 PM.
    Cleric tanking: Justicar guide | Justicar spreadsheet and item list
    Defence is as much a part of war as offense, the shield as important a tool as the sword.

nice work
    extra point for addressing some important combat issues
    who took my names!

Soulwalker

What do they mean by diminishing returns on mana regen? Are they tlaking about mana regen abilities like Agressive Renewal or passive regen?

Plane Touched

Not that I want to appear rude, but is this all?

- We still have no viable ranged DPS option. Inquisitor is sub-par and Cabalist is convoluted and even worse off than Inquisitor. Still, no changes to our ranged souls to make them raid viable.

- We are still stuck with one viable melee DPS build (the 31/24/11 Druid build) in raids. No changes to the Shaman soul at all to provide another melee option.

- Justicars are still miles behind Warrior and Rogue tanks. Even though 10% magic damage mitigation is a nice start, it is still roughly half of what the other tank souls offer. Then, our new avoidance. Even though it's nice to not be Parry capped at T1 already, Strength is still our most valuable stat. Please see Radak's numerous threads on this topic. Even though I do nut fully agree with him regardin gthe mechanic, he has made several very sound posts and has done a lot of maths.

- Cleric healers.... where's the needed love? Chloromancers (who were already very good) get a complete rework to make them even better, and Clerics get.... a nerf to Purifier shields (if you have the Greater Essence)?

Please do not let PvP balancing interfere with PvE endgame. So far every nerf has been PvP related. It would be nice to hand out much needed PvE buffs.

Edit:
    Regarding mana regeneration... you are adding diminishing returns to a stat that is so diminuitive that it might not even exist in the first place?
    Have you completely lost your minds? Mana regeneration needs buffs, not nerfs! So you're saying you want Clerics to chain-chug potions even more than already while Chloromancers get to keep their infinite mana? Very nice...
    Last edited by Mridc; 06-10-2011 at 06:04 PM.
    Better living through technology!
    Inventing Cleric builds is too mainstream for me.

Also noticed you made Lifegiving veil and Lifebound veil unpurgeable which is logical as it's a buff that actually causes them to do their job.
    But what about Cavalier and Mien of Leadership which makes us a tank which can very easily be removes by a purge. Also having to do 6-7 buffs (some specs more) every time we die kind of makes it hard to combat res a justicar while he is tanking as he needs to buff up before being able to taunt and it's also very annoying having to do so many buffs between every wipe (or kill in pvp).
    Defence is as much a part of war as offense, the shield as important a tool as the sword.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Radak View Post
    Also noticed you made Lifegiving veil and Lifebound veil unpurgeable which is logical as it's a buff that actually causes them to do their job.
    But what about Cavalier and Mien of Leadership which makes us a tank which can very easily be removes by a purge. Also having to do 6-7 buffs (some specs more) every time we die kind of makes it hard to combat res a justicar while he is tanking as he needs to buff up before being able to taunt and it's also very annoying having to do so many buffs between every wipe (or kill in pvp).
    Last time I tested this (which, granted was several weeks ago) Cavalier and Miens were not purgable already (at least not by the VK purge). Salvation definitely was though.

Still nothing for Shaman. I am really on the brink of just quitting until they fix it because they are complete GARBAGE! Everyone knows it and Rift does NOTHING about it.
    Last edited by StChoch; 06-10-2011 at 06:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Radak View Post
    Neither Cavalier, nor MoL, can be purged.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vashane View Post
    I would just like to add, I sure hope they don't add something to this game before they add something else that is totally unrelated to the thing they might add, because that would really tick me off or something if they added it first before the thing that should be added first even though its totally unrelated like, you know?

Quote Originally Posted by SetisDagre View Post
    Last time I tested this (which, granted was several weeks ago) Cavalier and Miens were not purgable already (at least not by the VK purge). Salvation definitely was though.
    Well I never pvp but I know it was talked about on the forums some time ago. And if they are indeed no longer purgeable they atleast need to update the tooltip.
    As for Salvation I didn't mention it as it doesn't effect us that bad but losing Miens or Cavalier does.

Plane Touched

Everyone "knows" Clerics are overpowered, and this is why they're not buffing us. I'm growing sick of this purely PvP based balancing to a PvE game. Make your mind up Trion. If you want to be a PvP game, provide a better PvP endgame.
    But until you stop bringing out new PvE content with each patch, please make soul balance adjustments based on PvE and not PvP.

Edit:
    I can confirm that neither Miens nor Convictions nor Cavalier can be purged. At least not with the VK Purge and not with Eradicate.
    Last edited by Mridc; 06-10-2011 at 06:17 PM.
    Better living through technology!
    Inventing Cleric builds is too mainstream for me.

1) Still nothing for Shamans. Ow. Ow.

2) Puri shields still don't scale with SP/talents on the PTR even specing 51 in they still shield for the same as a 32. What gives?
    Be careful of the words you speak. Keep them short and sweet! For you may never know, from day to day, which ones you will have to eat!

Plane Touched

As far as I've seen they've never been purgable even if it doesn't state so.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast