+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: LFG Tool enabled on Test Server, thoughts and feedback

Telaran

Important question sir

Does the dungeon finder port your group to the dungeon or does one still have to walk in?

I would also like to see invasions added as an option.

Overall it sounds like the best of all suggestions from the community. A decent workable LFG without cross server. I approve.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Jhenox View Post
    I would also like to see invasions added as an option.

Overall it sounds like the best of all suggestions from the community. A decent workable LFG without cross server. I approve.
    Wich will ruin the community, everyone will become greedy,******ed

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Kerin View Post
    Why so?

You're so keen on having the game act as an arbitrary arbitor of who is and who isn't fit to play your 'special' T2 content, why are you afraid of allowing that information to be made available to group leaders also wanting to protect their runs from the 'incompetence' of mediocre level gear?

And yes, it seems you all think possessing purple pixels is a sign of skill it seems. If that's the case here the Rift is the first MMO to achieve that, where the clueless aren't able to leech their way to the phat lewt, while the skillful are guaranteed it.
    Not sure why you are so set on flaming me. I'm just telling it like it is. You will have people who have no business in T2 cause of their gear running it and a system as such will keep it out. The reason to keep it in internal is to keep this game from becoming a WOW type number elitist game as much as is possible. It will happen already to a certain extent but no reason to help it along.

Skill level is irrelevant. If a player is undergeared they can be the best player in the world but it may not matter. Likewise you can have a complete idiot who has great gear cause his guild has carried him. Both happen alot and that is a seperate issue that is largely outside of Trion's control. I am talking about things they can do to make life a little easier.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Vaako View Post
    Important question sir

Does the dungeon finder port your group to the dungeon or does one still have to walk in?
    That is a very good question and if I can get some more 50's on the test server to try it out I'll post with my findings but right now I simply don't know.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

Plane Touched

If they add an iLevel or some other nonsense like that to this game, I walk.

This is why I will never use the LFD tool. Period. I will always wait until I can run an instance with my guild. Where gear, spec, and skill DOES NOT MATTER. Only that we're grouped together having a good time and enjoying each other's company.

Anyone who takes the game more seriously than that is a tool.

They need to force check hit, focus and toughness for T1/T2.

I don't think requiring you to complete all T1's before T2's is a good thing, you could be one unlucky SOB and get no drops. Although by then you would have enough plaque's to buy enough gear to exceed that needed for T2's, it's just not a good block.

I mainly only do T2's with guild anyway, but it will be nice to quickly group up on those days where no one is on when I wake up at 6am on a Saturday morning.

I suppose my only concern is posted above, most people don't even know the difference between T1 and T2, unless they are labeled in the finder. A DPS or Tank without proper focus/hit/toughness in a T2 can be enough to prevent progression.

I only hope this does not turn the community for the worse, making players who are geared enough feel bad and calling them out for subpar gear. As long as you have the appropriate stats, and some runes hopefully, the dungeons are more than easy enough to complete with competent players.

I do not think that you guys are properly understanding the concerns that some of us have about the LFG tool not checking gear.

How would you like to que for a T2 and get a tank with 0 toughness or get 2 dps with 12 hit or something just as bad.

In the before mention scenarios the tank would die almost instantly with no chance of being healed through it and the dps would not ever land a hit on anything.

The dungeon would be undoable and you would have wasted your time.

P.S. I read this thread and started a response and had to go afk for about 20 minutes at work before posting it so I hope it is not out of context.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Kerin View Post
    So having good gear means you have a clue, and less-than-phat-lewt level means you're clueless.

Yes?
    You can't really be as clueless as your statement implies. A fresh 50 in blues should not be trying to run expert DSM unless he's with a guild group being carried.

In all the complaint threads about an LFG tool, the one thing I didn't want to see other than cross server was the tool automatically forming the groups. I have two main reasons for this:

With a grouping game that is split quite abruptly in half at the level cap, there needs to be a way to stop people free-loading T2 instance runs with overly poor gear. While a system like this could be automated, that would hurt more players than needs be. A code based limited would have to prevent a group of three or four people, one of whom is under geared for T2, from going to the LFG tool to get the last one or two people in the group. Even if they are willing to carry that person, the tool itself would prevent it if it were automated.

The second reason is that with the way classes in Rift are done, it is entirely possible for this tool to group up five clerics for a group. It is possible that five clerics would be able to clear most group content, but I don't think any of them would be happy about being in a group like that. If the group is still formed via a player, they can chose from those available as to what callings the group is made up from.
    Quote Originally Posted by Debase View Post
    If the only target audience for Rift is disenfranchised WoW players, its doomed imo.

Two questions here:

First, do you only get rewarded for running a Random dungeon (i.e. the x1-x7 Plaque Reward), or can you select any number of potential dungeons and still get the reward? (In WoW, you only received the Daily bonus if it was Random; if you manually selected some dungeons you'd only complete it, no bonus.)

Second, if you have your full group together, does the tool still work such that it awards you your accumulated bonus? I.e., if you have a guild group and want you x1-x7 bonus, you can form up, use the tool and get rewarded?

Edit: Third question: Does the accumulated bonus track separately for T1 and T2? Presently, if you ran a T1 and T2 every day for a week, you'd end up with 70 extra Plaques from T1 Daily Dungeon Quests and 140 extra Plaques from T2 Daily Dungeon Quests. If this system is designed to provide the same bonus, then if you waited a week you should be able to complete a single T1 and single T2 and received 70 and 140 Plaques, respectively. If doing the T1 clears the counter and awards you nothing for running the T2, it'd be worse than the current system.
    Last edited by am0nr3; 04-26-2011 at 06:31 AM.
    "This server is going to be Gnarly, man."
    "We have enough cloth and wood to pitch a tent."

Champion

Overall, this sounds like a mild and useful version of the nightmare grind-grind-grind tool I was dreading (which contributed to the ruination of WoW). I'm glad to hear it's server only, and I'm glad to hear it can handle rifting (and questing? wonder how that works).

This will give me an easy way to get in with a dungeon group for my cleric alt, for example, if I choose to do that instead of WFs for a bit.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Lucubration View Post
    You can't really be as clueless as your statement implies. A fresh 50 in blues should not be trying to run expert DSM unless he's with a guild group being carried.
    He was just trolling and succeeded in jacking the thread.
    http://files-cloud.enjin.com/60018/module_gallery/full/83333.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Jarretyn View Post
    If they add an iLevel or some other nonsense like that to this game, I walk.
    It's already visible on some items.

Quote Originally Posted by am0nr3 View Post
    Two questions here:

First, do you only get rewarded for running a Random dungeon (i.e. the x1-x7 Plaque Reward), or can you select any number of potential dungeons and still get the reward? (In WoW, you only received the Daily bonus if it was Random; if you manually selected some dungeons you'd only complete it, no bonus.)

Second, if you have your full group together, does the tool still work such that it awards you your accumulated bonus? I.e., if you have a guild group and want you x1-x7 bonus, you can form up, use the tool and get rewarded?

Edit: Third question: Does the accumulated bonus track separately for T1 and T2? Presently, if you ran a T1 and T2 every day for a week, you'd end up with 70 extra Plaques from T1 Daily Dungeon Quests and 140 extra Plaques from T2 Daily Dungeon Quests. If this system is designed to provide the same bonus, then if you waited a week you should be able to complete a single T1 and single T2 and received 70 and 140 Plaques, respectively. If doing the T1 clears the counter and awards you nothing for running the T2, it'd be worse than the current system.
    Seems like every question is answered in this link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fvmq-QR47gc

A.) You have to do a Random to get the bonus.
    B.) Since it is Random, I have to imagine you can group with guildies and then click the 'Random' button.
    C.) It separately tracks T1, T2 and regular dungeons.
    "This server is going to be Gnarly, man."
    "We have enough cloth and wood to pitch a tent."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast