+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 61 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 33 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Rogue 1.2 Discussion

Telaran

6 second Cooldown for Backstab... seriously?

Well one less thing on my bar while soloing... I mean what use will it be? As it stands when I am stealthed and use my 4 second stun opener, I backstab the enemy until they unstun and face me which is usually 3-4backstabs.. Granted it may be too powerful with no cooldown but I won't even bother using it if it is 6 seconds and thus can only use it ONE TIME with a stun opener.... If it were 2 seconds it could at least be used twice within this timeframe (possibly).

I don't know of the raiding or group inplications, but I know it will make for a useless ability soloing/leveling.
    Now in groups positioning would not be an issue when you have a tank holding the mob, so I see the viablity of the skill there. Something to consider though.

Well its pretty obvious no one likes these changes, seeing that this thread has the most negative feedback compared to the other changes. At least Trion got Rogue Tanking right.
    Kryptyx - Guildless ;( - Raidcruit me!
    Riftstalker BIS Spreadsheet

Shadowlander

Trion's problem is that they tried to bring certain rogue souls dps in line with the rest of the rogue souls,
    instead of bringing the rogue class dps at the very least in line with the other classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaalith View Post
    Trion's problem is that they tried to bring certain rogue souls dps in line with the rest of the rogue souls,
    instead of bringing the rogue class dps at the very least in line with the other classes.
    until trion realizes that, we wont get anywhere. sure you can get over 1k with one specific build in raids with all buffs, using whetstones and every dot possible from all souls, and pushing 20 different skills

but then you look to your right and see a big guy in plate, using same attack over and over, worse geared then you, and pushing out 200 more dps..

all rogue dps souls needs a increase of about 200dps, including NB. Marksman needs even more, around 400dps, atleast in PvE
    Last edited by Selo; 04-26-2011 at 06:06 AM.
    http://sigcdn.siglaunch.com/sigs/rift/sig.php?sig_id=127292

Its quite obvious that with 3X the amount of replies then any other 1.2 Patch thread that something is definitely not right with rogues.

TRION really need to realise the mistakes they are making with this class.
    Hello rogues, look at your dps. Now back to mine, now back at your dps, now back to mine.
    Sadly it isn't like mine. But if you stopped playing a broken class and rerolled as a mage yours could feel like mine.
    Look down, back up. Where are you? You're respawning. Everything is possible when you're a bright wizard. I'm on a horse.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Gox View Post
    Im curious why you are doing these tests as the wrong spec?

its 38/17/11 Seems like all your test specs you ignore or dont get 2/2 magnify pain? Am i missing something?

Also anyone testing the current MM on live pve rotation against using emp and deadeye?

Its hard to put stock in thinking you are playing MM to its fullest if you do not even have the right specs and are getting numbers lower than t2 geared MM and Rangers are doing now.
    Agree,
    this is Trion fail - people who know class(spec, rotation, etc) cant test it at 1 lvl char
    Last edited by bodr; 04-26-2011 at 06:45 AM.

Meh, the real problem is that we really can't test them. We have a lot of people screaming from "theory" but hard testing has been few and far between because we either can't copy our chars or buff beyond what was already on Alpha.

Granted, you could increase every ability by 100%, drop the energy cost by half and a lot of people would still scream. The level of rage over changes that have not been fully tested never ceases to amaze me.
    Last edited by Enaki; 04-26-2011 at 06:47 AM.

Shadowlander

Hello rogues, look at your dps. Now back to mine, now back at your dps, now back to mine.
    Sadly it isn't like mine. But if you stopped playing a broken class and rerolled as a mage yours could feel like mine.
    Look down, back up. Where are you? You're respawning. Everything is possible when you're a bright wizard. I'm on a horse.

Soulwalker

Magi,Clerics,Warriors equally T2 geared, skill levels all the same can pull 850-1100dps in a raid/group setting. Take an equally T2 skilled/geared (ranged) rogue 600-650 DPS. Certain Nightblade specs top out around 850dps with raid buffs and a complex rotation working really hard. Magi,Clerics,Warriors can do almost 600 DPS in level 50 blues. Get the point? Devs I'm sure your job is tough but please understand it is NOT fun to play gimped class. Most people posting here are not FOTM players or want the rogue class to become that. You don't have to take the community's word for it. Run some dungeon/raids with the rogue calling and see for yourselves. We are just flat-out subpar. You guys had it right in beta 6/7 with rogues. In beta 6/7 rogues were no where near where the other three callings are now. Yet we were toned down to almost a joke now. We are only asking for a level playing field. You have a great game don't get me wrong. For some of us re-rolling is not an option. We did not leveled our rogues to max level and spent hours gathering T2 gear and gaining PVP ranks to be forced to start over because our current callings is gimped by design. I hope you guys understand that our goal here is to be placed on equal ground as the other callings.

ROFL. Trolling, but trolling first class. Well played sir.

Plane Touched

Honestly has to be the best post, and hit the nail on the metaphorical head. Though I will not trade in my Witch Elf for your Bright Wizard. /le sigh/

Soulwalker

That is just ROFL good stuff.

Hmmm, this looks very familiar. I swear I've read this before or something like it.

Sadly, at the rate they're going, Rogues won't be put in-line with other callings until other games like SWTOR and GW2 are about to be released and Trion is desperately trying to cling to whatever subs they can.
    Last edited by CrixusAndricles; 04-26-2011 at 07:21 AM.

Ascendant

This just made me lol.

Well done sir.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 61 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 33 ... LastLast