RIFT 3.3: WAKING NIGHTMARES
== FEATURES ==
ALL NEW NIGHTMARE SAGA QUEST LINE
A brand new saga questline which tells the story of Lord Arak and how he became the Lord of Nightmares has begun! All level 65 players have been sent a letter from Purgav, a concerned Ghar Researcher in Goboro Reef, to begin their journey into the realm of dreams and beyond.
Planar Crafting, a new sub-system has been added to Rift, allowing chosen professions to make new fishing poles, dimension items and powerful upgradeable weapons, armor & accessories!
* Seek out Tephael in Choreburg to get started!
* Using the weekly quest rewarded rift lures, players can open a rift, complete it and can possibly obtain the highly coveted and rare material used in the Planar Crafting recipes. This rare resource can also be obtained by fishing with the thematically appropriate fishing pole.
* The rift lures only work in Tarken Glacier, but the items can be crafted anywhere.
* All of the weapons, armor and accessories crafted can be upgraded at least once.
* Crafting rifts are back! New upgradeable weapons, armor and accessories. Two piece set bonuses on the armor. New dimension items. New planar themed fishing poles and lures.
* Besides the amazingly awesome amount of common crafting materials that are handed out via the crafting rifts, players also have a chance to obtain rare dimension items, rare tokens and rare crafting materials.
NEW INSTANT ADVENTURES IN TARKEN GLACIER
Once, Cosmologist Mann was the brightest scholar of planar phenomena in the universe – a leader among his peers. Nary a beam of light nor celestial body existed that he could not name. His curiosity knew no bounds, and yet, his gaze reached too far.
After discovering the Temple of Aia, he inspired the ire of the Goddess herself, and she filled his mind with visions of a life destroyed by mortals. Now, Mann schemes in the frigid depths of Tarken Glacier, driven by a mad desire to rewrite Telara’s cosmic history.
Relive the fight for the Glacier – and stop Mann from releasing Shigoroth upon the Dreaming Seas. Tarken Glacier is the new Featured Adventure!
SHARED SHARD VAULT
We have added a shared Shard Bank Vault! It can be accessed from the regular bank merchant, and will appear as a new tab on the bank window. All of your characters on the shard that you play on can share items in this vault.
WARDROBE UPDATE: COLLECT APPEARANCE SETS!
We're expanding the upgraded Wardrobe systems even more. You can now collect more than 300 appearance sets and explore the fashions of Telara. Go to the new Appearance Sets tab of the character screen to track your progress. Existing appearance unlocks will automatically be unlocked in the new appearance sets, and you'll be well on your way to fashion greatness!
CELEBRATE YOUR FASHIONABLE ACHIEVEMENTS!
You're going to be rewarded for collecting all these appearance sets with a new string of achievements. Only full sets count towards the achievements, but appearance sets can come from everything from vanity costumes to raid-level gear. Collect enough full sets and you can earn the brand new title "the Dapper" for male characters and "the Chic" for female characters.
INTRODUCING TIERED RAID DIFFICULTY!
Tiered raid difficulty is now available in the Intrepid Gilded Prophecy and The Rhen of Fate instances! Players can now toggle between three different settings of difficulty settings: Introduction, Normal and Hard Mode (dungeons default to Normal). This is an experimental implementation of the system which we plan to iterate upon. More info can be found in the Dungeons and Raids section below!
INTREPID GILDED PROPHECY
The Intrepid Gilded Prophecy is a tier 2 sliver that introduces our new tiered difficulty system for rewards and progression. A revision of the classic Gilded Prophecy, players are reintroduced to original fights with the ability to select from Introduction, Normal and Hard mode difficulty which will change the mechanics, boss health and damage for fights! The entrance can be found in Shimmersand using Sliver Sight.
We snuck an awesome feature into 3.3. As of that patch, as long as you have at least 1 point in a gathering skill, you can harvest any node. That’s right, if you have Mining, Foraging, or Butchering skills, you can harvest any node or corpse that requires the skill. Wherever your adventures take you, your harvesting professions will be useful. If you have lower skill than what was previously necessary to harvest the node, you will get a slightly lower yield, but if you meet the old minimum skill necessary you will see slightly more resources on average (although no guarantees for a single node harvest – there’s some randomness in them loot tables!)
NEW LOYALTY TIER: SILVER!
A new tier of loyalty is now available! A variety of new rewards await those who achieve Silver loyalty, including the Distinguished Levitation mount, Miss Money Piggy companion pet, a dimension called Everywhere, and much more!
You can now do a random chronicle for extra rewards, either solo or with a friend! Available to players level 60 and up, this feature works similar to the Random Warfront and Random Expert features in that you can store up to 7 charges and gain a new charge daily or through consumables that award charges. Upon completion, you are awarded a trove of Abyssal Crusader Marks, Fragments of Horror, and Fragments of Madness… even at level 60!
QUALITY OF LIFE UI IMPROVEMENTS
* We have added many convenience options within the RIFT user interface!
* Souls can now be reset from within the Soul Tree window; you no longer have to travel to your trainer.
* Soul slots and resets can now be purchased from within the Soul Tree window.
* In the Soul Tree window, click on Presets, and if you do not have access to a soul in a preset, you can now purchase that soul pack directly from there.
* Ran out of Dungeon or Warfront charges? Once you hit 0 charges, you can now purchase more of them directly through those windows.