+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need some advice

Rift Disciple

Default Need some advice

Well I have a problem with a friend who has turned stalker and have no idea what to do.

I met her 3 years ago in another game, we slowly became friends and after leaving there went together to several other games. Due to us living on different sites of the world, she is from New Zealand, we never met in real life though we did exchange phone numbers and home addresses at one point so we could send each other presents for Xmas and birthdays. Every now and again she blocked me for little to no reason. Was annoying but eh didn't find it that bad at that point, she always seemed to unblock within a couple days and apologised. About a year ago this slowly started to increase, from maybe once every couple months it slowly started coming more often. In time there was barely a week without any drama from her. It went so far that I could go to the bathroom while she was offline and if she came online while I was afk she thought I was ignoring her and blocked. The stress of it at the time made me ill and even friends who knew both of us started avoiding coming online so she couldn't complain to them.

About 2-3 months ago now it came to a head. She had blocked me after I wasn't online much due to being ill which she knew so I said "Screw this" and blocked her in return. I haven't spoken to her since. She realised pretty quickly what was going on and started bombarding me with messages per facebook and E-mail. Every now and again I also got a text from her on my mobile phone. I blocked her at every turn. Send her an E-mail after a while warning her that I would find out if there is anything at all I could do legally against her if she didn't stop. For a while there was peace and I didn't hear anything from her till today anyway. Not quite an hour ago my father came to me and handed me my mobile. She had phoned though wouldn't talk to him nor tell him who she was. She had changed her mobile number and I only realised who it was due to there being the country code of NZ. I immediatly hung up. She spam called a couple more times till I lost my temper, answered it and said "... (Name here) p*** off!" and hung up. I switched my phone off afterwards. I have by now checked her facebook to see if I could find anything at all about what she is thinking. She is currently saving for a trip to... the UK. -_-

While I am unsure if there is even anything I can do legally due to her being in another country... Well what would you do? Any advice would at this point be appreciated as I am completely out of ideas. Only thing I know I will do is call the police asap if she does turn up here though I am also thinking about moving away from this area totally at this point.

Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes. ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Ha ha, start packin'. And I don't mean your clothes.

That is creepy as hell! Hire a body guard, would be cheaper than going to court.
    Experience is the teacher of all things. ~ Gaius Julius Caesar

Guardians FTW

The more important question - Is she hot?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Martie View Post
    The more important question - Is she hot?
    -_-

Typical male question.

Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes. ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Keep doing what you are doing and see what happens.

But you must stop all communication. Even if that means changing numbers and deleting social media accounts she has access to.

Good luck!

Cele

p.s.Basicly, you must disappear! From the sense of any networking sites she knows you use.
    Last edited by Celelith; 12-05-2010 at 12:48 AM.

Rift Disciple

Its actually how I found Rift. She stalked me from game to game for a while so I looked for something new. ^.^ And damn am I glad I found this!

Am in talks with family to get the phone numbers changed too. And we were planning to move anyway now we just up the timetable a bit. She won't get a peep out of me, threatened her with legal action a month ago which was my only communication since the block.

+ Reply to Thread