+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: WoW Expansion Features Scrapped [WoW]

Default WoW Expansion Features Scrapped [WoW]

http://www.wowhead.com/blog=159674

Hang on to your hats, because there are some big changes waiting after the break—including a new raid "downshifting system, changes to the Guild Advancement system, and (bombshell) the complete removal of the Path of the Titans system!

Yikes. This could be Rift's gain.
    <a href=http://www.trinityguild.org target=_blank>http://www.trinityguild.org/images/signatures/rift/sig_final.png</a>
    I mean, I guess it would just be a guy who you know, grabs bananas and runs. Or, um, a banana that grabs things. I don’t know.
    Why would a banana grab another banana? I mean, those are the kind of questions I don’t want to answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Europe View Post

Hang on to your hats, because there are some big changes waiting after the break—including a new raid "downshifting system, changes to the Guild Advancement system, and (bombshell) the complete removal of the Path of the Titans system!

Yea I just read about that.
    Looks like blizz took on more than they could handle by trying to copy daoc.

Want a Melee Mage? Support the Theurgist!

Mwhahaha!! Rift WILL take the lead!! Weeeeee "Runs around the room in circles" ;) /Serious mode on: Well I was really looking forward to expansion, to see the path of the titans thingy, but if it is removed, so am I.... /Serious mode off
    I don't need to "Get a life."! I'm a Gamer! I have loads of Lifes! - - - Necromancy - happiness is an army of unstoppable, loyal, killing machines.

Quote Originally Posted by Elladar View Post
    Mwhahaha!! Rift WILL take the lead!! Weeeeee "Runs around the room in circles" ;) /Serious mode on: Well I was really looking forward to expansion, to see the path of the titans thingy, but if it is removed, so am I.... /Serious mode off
    I just wonder...what's the point of the expansion now? New content, sure, but you get that for your monthly subscription in WoW. It just seems like they've painted themselves into a weird corner where they can't add cool features because it would upset their balance.

I'm more upset about the guild system, though. It seems like they took out a lot of the actual guild system and exchanged it for features the game already has.
    <a href=http://www.trinityguild.org target=_blank>http://www.trinityguild.org/images/signatures/rift/sig_final.png</a>
    I mean, I guess it would just be a guy who you know, grabs bananas and runs. Or, um, a banana that grabs things. I don’t know.
    Why would a banana grab another banana? I mean, those are the kind of questions I don’t want to answer.

I just wonder...what's the point of the expansion now? New content, sure, but you get that for your monthly subscription in WoW. It just seems like they've painted themselves into a weird corner where they can't add cool features because it would upset their balance.

I'm more upset about the guild system, though. It seems like they took out a lot of the actual guild system and exchanged it for features the game already has.
    The expansion now is just to remove all current armor and to start the players fresh for the new raids. Most of the old zones have been changed to cover that up and as a gimmick to go along with their cataclysm theme, and the new races are to show off their phasing system again.

Want a Melee Mage? Support the Theurgist!

Its all activision in the back dumbing crap down so more casuals play the game which means more money. Activision is the biggest money hungry company i have ever seen. I mean you gotta pay 60$ to play the new battlenet 2.0 in any other country except yours.

wow was great, amazing even, then came the expansions... time for something new, i hope rift can rise up to the level of vanilla wow

I miss the days when WoW was good. This game is over for me. There's nothing that can save Blzzard now, but still I am thankful for the great memories I have.

Quote Originally Posted by g0kuenuan View Post
    wow was great, amazing even, then came the expansions... time for something new, i hope rift can rise up to the level of vanilla wow
    I hope Rift becomes better than vanilla WoW. Back in the days wow was an epic game, now its just... Not so epic...
    I don't need to "Get a life."! I'm a Gamer! I have loads of Lifes! - - - Necromancy - happiness is an army of unstoppable, loyal, killing machines.

Well, I was going to give Cataclysm a go whilst waiting for Rift...but shan't bother now.
    If you say plz instead of please, I say no because it's shorter than yes.

Soulwalker

Meh, I'm more interested in seeing how rated bgs work out. I still intend to level a goblin!

Quote Originally Posted by Liziana View Post
    Well, I was going to give Cataclysm a go whilst waiting for Rift...but shan't bother now.
    As was I, but I'm not sure if I should bother anymore.

Depends on what they're going to charge for it now. If they plan on charging 40 or 50 bucks for half an expansion, forget it. Hopefully Telara will be in beta by than and we can say goodbye to WoW.
    "Midget soothsayer robs bank. Small medium at large!"

Quote Originally Posted by Cutter View Post
    Depends on what they're going to charge for it now. If they plan on charging 40 or 50 bucks for half an expansion, forget it. Hopefully Telara will be in beta by than and we can say goodbye to WoW.
    I already said bai bai to wow, about 9 months ago... Now I am waiting to say HELLO to Rift, for next 5 or 10 years... ;)

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty View Post
    As was I, but I'm not sure if I should bother anymore.
    pfft, you know that deep down inside, you will

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast