Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I love my Garbage Man.

Default I love my Garbage Man.

Where I lived in NY, if you didn't have your trash on the curb before 6am Thursday morning, tough ****. You couldn't flag the driver down as he pulled up to your house and have him hold up 3 seconds while you drag your junk out there.

Here in AZ, they come by around 11am-12pm, but it's Wednesdays now, and for some reason that just refuses to stick in my head. Today was the 2nd time in the short amount of time that we've lived here that I heard him coming and remembered we actually had enough junk to put out. I waved to him, and he actually stopped for me (again).

I called his employer and put in a glowing review for him. He's definitely getting a little something NICE for Christmas this year, at least from this house. ("You know you're old when... You remember the "good ol' days" when even the post man and the garbage man got a Christmas card as they passed your house.")

Everything is better in AZ... including the garbage men apparently.
    Telaran Artistry a Faeblight Role-Playing guild focused on making Telara beautiful through craft, poetry, song and story.
    Allure-Chloromancer/Warlock/Archon, Shae-Tactician/Bard, Luna-Warden/Defiler, Swayed-Bard/Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by Lunalynn View Post
    Everything is better in AZ... including the garbage men apparently.
    Unfortunately, this is only the 2nd thing I've really liked about this place so far.

(#1 was the wind storms and seeing dozens of tumbleweeds playing Frogger on the 4-6 lane roadways.)

Telaran

Lucky you, I usually have to clean up after they've gone.

And then the block gets to play who's can went where...It's terrible, oh and if there's a thaw or heavy rain for a few days they just love tossing the cans into the water logged ditches...

When I first moved into my home I was planning on handing out gifts at Christmas, only to find out that the garbage men make bigger messes than they carry away.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormbow View Post
    Unfortunately, this is only the 2nd thing I've really liked about this place so far.

(#1 was the wind storms and seeing dozens of tumbleweeds playing Frogger on the 4-6 lane roadways.)
    I grew up outside Philly and lived in SC and NC for a few years before moving out west. I LOVE AZ. It's so beautiful. I love to hike and I love the botanical garden. I love my 3rd floor apt with an amazing view of the mountains. I love the warm and the super hot. I love the lack of humidity. I love the out door shopping areas. K I'll stop.
    Telaran Artistry a Faeblight Role-Playing guild focused on making Telara beautiful through craft, poetry, song and story.
    Allure-Chloromancer/Warlock/Archon, Shae-Tactician/Bard, Luna-Warden/Defiler, Swayed-Bard/Ranger

Prophet of Telara

The internet routing is trash in AZ for competitive gaming... OWNED.
    True skill comes without effort

I grew up outside Philly and lived in SC and NC for a few years before moving out west. I LOVE AZ. It's so beautiful. I love to hike and I love the botanical garden. I love my 3rd floor apt with an amazing view of the mountains. I love the warm and the super hot. I love the lack of humidity. I love the out door shopping areas. K I'll stop.
    It's actually quite ironic. I can -totally- get into a well done panoramic in an online game (especially some I've seen in RIFT), but in the real world, the Grand Canyon is just a big hole in the ground. The mountains are just where snow violates the world first.

I do like outdoor stuff, and shopping areas, but I haven't really attended to any of that around here. I did just recently convince the wife that we need bikes to go riding, when it heats up a little more around here anyway. (Family rides were so much fun when I was a kid. Too bad today's kids have virtually no desire to do such a thing, let alone with their parents...)

Quote Originally Posted by dinhosaur View Post
    The internet routing is trash in AZ for competitive gaming... OWNED.
    I've got broadband non-satellite service here, so no worries.

As far as "competitive" gaming goes, I'll leave that to the kiddies on the little yellow buses that think that sort of thing matters in life.
    Last edited by Stormbow; 02-23-2011 at 12:54 PM.

Prophet of Telara

I've got broadband non-satellite service here, so no worries.

As far as "competitive" gaming goes, I'll leave that to the kiddies on the little yellow buses that think that sort of thing matters in life.
    Does casual gaming matter in life as well? Don't get me wrong, I am just trying to follow your logic here... time spent playing a game is time spent playing a game, does playing competitively automatically make you a short bus rider?
    Last edited by dinhosaur; 02-23-2011 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dinhosaur View Post
    Does casual gaming matter in life as well?
    You are definitely missing something, which is not the topic of this thread at all.

It's actually quite ironic. I can -totally- get into a well done panoramic in an online game (especially some I've seen in RIFT), but in the real world, the Grand Canyon is just a big hole in the ground. The mountains are just where snow violates the world first.

I do like outdoor stuff, and shopping areas, but I haven't really attended to any of that around here. I did just recently convince the wife that we need bikes to go riding, when it heats up a little more around here anyway. (Family rides were so much fun when I was a kid. Too bad today's kids have virtually no desire to do such a thing, let alone with their parents...)

What part of AZ are you in? I'm in Scottsdale

Prophet of Telara

You are definitely missing something, which is not the topic of this thread at all.
    Actually I am cleaning up the garbage right now hukhuk^^

What part of AZ are you in? I'm in Scottsdale
    "Preskit" Valley

You know, Land of the Retired, Home of the Decrepit and Aged. (I've never in my entire life seen so many handicapped license plates!! And I've lived in cities 100 times this size.)

And I don't care how much the locals hate me. I don't do the AZ accent/lunacy thing. It's "PRES-COTT" just the way it's spelled. LOL

Allegedly Alice Cooper has a home out here. It's been pointed out to me a couple of times.

"Preskit" Valley

You know, Land of the Retired, Home of the Decrepit and Aged. (I've never in my entire life seen so many handicapped license plates!! And I've lived in cities 100 times this size.)

And I don't care how much the locals hate me. I don't do the AZ accent/lunacy thing. It's "PRES-COTT" just the way it's spelled. LOL

Allegedly Alice Cooper has a home out here. It's been pointed out to me a couple of times.
    Prescott is so cool. The town is all old and western and the lake is beautiful. You should go to Jerome and do the haunted stuff if you like that sort of thing. I don't but I have friends that drive up there and partake.

Prescott is so cool. The town is all old and western and the lake is beautiful. You should go to Jerome and do the haunted stuff if you like that sort of thing. I don't but I have friends that drive up there and partake.
    Jerome is haunted? I didn't sense a single thing when I was there in 2009.

There are actually some really old buildings about a mile from my house that look exactly like you'd see in an old western movie too. They're literally a (working) town hall and some other official offices and shops.

Seems like only one country music station here. I am disappoint! (But my Pandora radio station pwns all, so it's ok.)
    Last edited by Stormbow; 02-23-2011 at 02:00 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast