+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Plays/Musicals

Default Favorite Plays/Musicals

I love the theater. I plan on joining a local troupe next semester if I have the time and was wondering if anyone else here is interested in such things.

My favorites would be:

The Comedy of Errors - I've seen some really good 'new age' versions of this play
    Chicago - We went to state in our high school competition with this play, I wasn't a lead in this
    Little Shop of Horrors - My favorite play! I played a Seymour understudy and was the voice for Audrey 2
    Peter Pan - No comment on who I played in this one

Anyone else like the theater?

Quote Originally Posted by hydd View Post
    I love the theater. I plan on joining a local troupe next semester if I have the time and was wondering if anyone else here is interested in such things.

My favorites would be:

The Comedy of Errors - I've seen some really good 'new age' versions of this play
    Chicago - We went to state in our high school competition with this play, I wasn't a lead in this
    Little Shop of Horrors - My favorite play! I played a Seymour understudy and was the voice for Audrey 2
    Peter Pan - No comment on who I played in this one

Anyone else like the theater?
    I love the music of Wicked but have not been in a position where I could actually watch the play itself

Regards,
    Kalbuir

Quote Originally Posted by Kalbuir View Post
    I love the music of Wicked but have not been in a position where I could actually watch the play itself

Regards,
    Kalbuir
    Oh yes! Everyone loves Defying Gravity!

Quote Originally Posted by hydd View Post
    Oh yes! Everyone loves Defying Gravity!
    I think "what is this feeling" would be my favorite

Regards,
    Kalbuir

I love the theatre, but it's been YEARS since I've actually performed. I think I get my acting fix RPing these days.

Some favorites:

Shakespeare (of course), but especially Much Ado About Nothing, Midsummer Night's Dream, and yes, Romeo & Juliet
    The Fantastiks - I played the lead, Louisa, in high school.
    The Foreigner - Kind of an obscure play, but OMG, so funny. I played the love interest in a community theatre production.
    My Fair Lady
    Rent

Quote Originally Posted by Raevin View Post
    I love the theatre, but it's been YEARS since I've actually performed. I think I get my acting fix RPing these days.

Some favorites:

Shakespeare (of course), but especially Much Ado About Nothing, Midsummer Night's Dream, and yes, Romeo & Juliet
    The Fantastiks - I played the lead, Louisa, in high school.
    The Foreigner - Kind of an obscure play, but OMG, so funny. I played the love interest in a community theatre production.
    My Fair Lady
    Rent
    You and my girlfriend would get along. Those are her favorite Shakespearean plays and her all time favorite, Rent. I really can't stand Rent... She loves to sing songs from it while I'm trying to focus on something. Isn't she lovely?

I love...

The Blithe Spirit
    Great Expectations
    The Wizard of Oz (depending on the version--some of them are quite odd)
    Chicago
    Much Ado About Nothing (probably my favorite)
    Anything else Shakespeare

“They say you are to be the greatest hero in a past I’ll never know. Learn this, and it shall be so:
    Let the only fear you ever know be the fear you inspire in your foes.
    If you can do that in your heart, glory will follow you.”

I was in a play once. I think it was the first grade and we did it about Thanksgiving. Apparently thats where the colonists ate the indians' tribute to them and then slaughtered them. Sounds like fun!

Want a Melee Mage? Support the Theurgist!

Wicked (of course)
    Camelot
    Phantom of the Opera
    Man of La Mancha
    Proof
    Jesus Christ Superstar
    Godspell
    Five Years After

I'm not much for theater but one of my friends owns one, and I do occasionally attend the Shakespearean Festival. Personally if I was to state a favorite it would be Midsummer Night's Dream, the ending really sticks with me... If we shadows have offended think but this and all is mended, that you have but slumbered here, while these visions did appear, etc.

Similarly I'm passing fond of Hamlet for certain lines (Alas poor Yorick! I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy). Still, I think some of the best plays I've seen have been humorous reimaginings of Shakespeare rather than the originals.
    Ipsa scientia potestas est

Quote Originally Posted by TemetNosce View Post
    I'm not much for theater but one of my friends owns one, and I do occasionally attend the Shakespearean Festival. Personally if I was to state a favorite it would be Midsummer Night's Dream, the ending really sticks with me... If we shadows have offended think but this and all is mended, that you have but slumbered here, while these visions did appear, etc.

Similarly I'm passing fond of Hamlet for certain lines (Alas poor Yorick! I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy). Still, I think some of the best plays I've seen have been humorous reimaginings of Shakespeare rather than the originals.
    Ever watched the Shakespeare Reduced people?

Quote Originally Posted by Hanlo View Post
    Ever watched the Shakespeare Reduced people?
    It doesn't ring a bell. However, if it's a TV phenomenon I wouldn't have. All the plays I've seen were in person. If it's just an amusing reimagining of a Shakespearean play though I might have seen it and just not known the name (the festival puts on a good many of those, and I don't always attend and even when I do I rarely take especial note of the name).

Quote Originally Posted by TemetNosce View Post
    It doesn't ring a bell. However, if it's a TV phenomenon I wouldn't have. All the plays I've seen were in person. If it's just an amusing reimagining of a Shakespearean play though I might have seen it and just not known the name (the festival puts on a good many of those, and I don't always attend and even when I do I rarely take especial note of the name).
    I think they are called the Reduced Shakespeare Company. They do actually go on and perform live, but where I don't know. You can probably find them on youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanlo View Post
    I think they are called the Reduced Shakespeare Company. They do actually go on and perform live, but where I don't know. You can probably find them on youtube.
    I might have seen them, they look vaguely familiar and do tour such festivals apparently. Not gonna watch them on Youtube though, like I mentioned plays are strictly a live thing for me (much like orchestra, which I also enjoy a great deal).

• Camelot
    • Phantom of the Opera
    • Man of La Mancha
    • Riverdance
    Dual Targeting - The Targeting System of the Modern MMO

If the Lord of the Rings movie trilogy was made by today's MMO designers, the first 8 hours would be condensed into 30 minutes, and the last hour would be stretched out over 8.5 hours. It would be all about 'The Ending' and not about 'The Journey'.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast