+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Things and stories that make you go /facepalm

Default Things and stories that make you go /facepalm

As the title says! Share something or a story that made you go /facepalm!

About 10 years ago, my high school class went on a field trip. There was a group of hot guys nearby and a friend and I watched as a group of girls from our school walked up to them and asked them where they were from. They were from Germany. They then asked the boys, "What language do the speak in Germany?"

Really? /facepalm
    ~You are restricted only by your imagination~ Dona Kato

Last night I went to taco bell with some friends, no one even made an appearance at the counter for like three straight minutes, the manager actually had to come out to get whoever was supposed to be at the counter to take our order, that however isn't the the messed up part, having told my friend what I wanted, he ordered a chicken soft taco plain, and she asked,

"So you don't want chicken with that?"
    I wish I had a comprehension gun.

Telaran

Recently went to a water park with the family after about an hour or so of swimming and playing with my kids I realized I was getting odds looks from the other people at the park.

I asked my lovely wife if she noticed anything, and why am I getting the odd looks? She responded that she had no idea...I let it drop and chalked it up to people just being people and went back to swimming.

About lunch time my wife waved for me to come out of the water it was obviously time to eat...I noticed her face pale for a second then she rushed over to me ' Umm I think the reason people are looking at you is because i can see through your swim suit.'

So yeah spent my entire morning showing off the..Ahem... I went back to the room and got an old bathing suit that was more discreet. Obviously the bathing suit I was wearing was new and hadn't gone through a trial run, lol a mistake I won't be making again.

All I can say is thank god the water was warm.

Soulwalker

Every time I think about how most Americans haven't the slightest clue about world events, or the evil, China-worshiping plutocrats who are trying to de-industrialize our country back to the third world through oil price manipulation and dollar devaluation. Most people care more about what kind of fake "reality TV" juiciness is going to appear on the next Kim and Courtney take New York. WE ARE SO ******!

/facepalm x infinity

Soulwalker

Years ago, I went to McDonalds and ordered a McGriddle and large coffee.
    The lady taking my order asked "With sausage or bacon?"
    To which I replied "Oh, no meat, please."
    She said ok, I paid and drove home.

When I opened the bag, all they had given me were the McGriddle pancake bun things... no egg or cheese.

If I had wanted pancakes, I would've ordered pancakes.
    I gave the things to my dogs and just drank my coffee, I was disappointed and baffled lol

That is the only McDonalds where I've ever encountered that (Norfolk, VA).

Quote Originally Posted by Aquenita View Post
    Years ago, I went to McDonalds and ordered a McGriddle and large coffee.
    The lady taking my order asked "With sausage or bacon?"
    To which I replied "Oh, no meat, please."
    She said ok, I paid and drove home.

When I opened the bag, all they had given me were the McGriddle pancake bun things... no egg or cheese.

If I had wanted pancakes, I would've ordered pancakes.
    I gave the things to my dogs and just drank my coffee, I was disappointed and baffled lol

That is the only McDonalds where I've ever encountered that (Norfolk, VA).

We could make a whole thread on fastfood screw ups, I'm sure! I had a similar problem with a McDonald's. I ordered the two cheeseburger meal with no pickles... When I opened up my bag at home I had two cheeseburger BUNS with pickles and cheese and NO MEAT! Always check your bags before you go home!
    ~You are restricted only by your imagination~ Dona Kato

Soulwalker

At the counter and ordered Mac D's, asked do you want tea or coffee, answered "Yes".

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Michello View Post
    We could make a whole thread on fastfood screw ups, I'm sure! I had a similar problem with a McDonald's. I ordered the two cheeseburger meal with no pickles... When I opened up my bag at home I had two cheeseburger BUNS with pickles and cheese and NO MEAT! Always check your bags before you go home!
    lol That's horrible.

Just remembered another special moment:
    My friend and I were driving through Utah when her car overheated. We pulled over, popped the hood, etc, then waited awhile to let the engine cool.

A tow truck saw us and pulled over, so we thought we were in luck and would get some help.
    We told the driver it overheated, and he just stood in front of the car for a few minutes, took off his baseball cap, scratched his head, and then asked
    "So did it get really really hot?"

He wasn't joking.

My ex-husband made me face palm quite a bit.

It was a hot summer day, so my ex and I went to Dairy Queen. We placed our order and waited. For some odd reason people coming in behind us were getting their order and leaving.

My ex asked nicely, where are order was and they apologized and gave it to us. Before we walked away we noticed one worker in the back giggling and staring at us.

We get in the truck and drive off, my ex says to me "Do not eat that." I had a puzzled look on my face. He swings in a parking lot near the lake and gets out.

I watch him slowly dump his smoothie into the pavement staring at it. He gets back in the truck, grabs my ice cream and toss it out the window. He peels out and is doing at least 60 on the back roads.

We pull into Dairy Queen, throws the truck in park and it leaves it running. He says "Stay here."

After about 2 mins he comes out, gets in the truck and drives off. We get home and he finally tells me the teen who was laughing at us apparently put a hocker in his smoothie. So he went in, jumped over the counter and punched the guy in the face, apparently knocking him out.

I was so embarrassed hearing this. The next day I called my friend at the local health department. She immediately went there and investigated. Later on that night we drove by Dairy Queen and saw it was closed.

And this was not the first time my ex did something like this. I learned later he got in a fight with the manager at Taco Bell several years ago before the Dairy Queen insistent. The he manager lost 3 of his front teeth and rushed to the hospital. My ex almost went to jail.

<sighs>
    Last edited by Cantina; 02-23-2011 at 08:48 AM.

Seeing a squirrel climb a tree, or rabbits hop underneath my deck.
    Don't mind me, I'm just being an idiot.

What you did there, I see it.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Cantina View Post

It was a hot summer day, so my ex and I went to Dairy Queen. We placed our order and waited. For some odd reason people coming in behind us were getting their order and leaving.

My ex asked nicely, where are order was and they apologized and gave it to us. Before we walked away we noticed one worker in the back giggling and staring at us.

We get in the truck and drive off, my ex says to me "Do not eat that." I had a puzzled look on my face. He swings in a parking lot near the lake and gets out.

I watch him slowly dump his smoothie into the pavement staring at it. He gets back in the truck, grabs my ice cream and toss it out the window. He peels out and is doing at least 60 on the back roads.

We pull into Dairy Queen, throws the truck in park and it leaves it running. He says "Stay here."

After about 2 mins he comes out, gets in the truck and drives off. We get home and he finally tells me the teen who was laughing at us apparently put a hocker in his smoothie. So he went in, jumped over the counter and punched the guy in the face, apparently knocking him out.

I was so embarrassed hearing this. The next day I called my friend at the local health department. She immediately went there and investigated. Later on that night we drove by Dairy Queen and saw it was closed.

And this was not the first time my ex did something like this. I learned later he got in a fight with the manager at Taco Bell several years ago before the Dairy Queen insistent. The he manager lost 3 of his front teeth and rushed to the hospital. My ex almost went to jail.

<sighs>
    Your ex should have went to jail for assualt, that stupid mouth breather. My word, I work at a fuel kiosk and I'm very glad I have a bullet resistant window infront of me for fear of someone like that would punch or even shoot me, then proceed to oil his gun because we sell gun oiL? /shrug, The thing is people make mistakes, hell it could be their first day of training for crying out loud, yet mister tough guy with the small pea brain decided to go punch someone in the face. Just like Hank Hill "Im gunna kick yer asz"

Stupid mouth breathers. Sadly, those are the people that are reproducing, since those are the ones that the girls get all hot and bothered just thinking of em. Sure, date that guy, see if I care if he treats you bad.

Heh, if you read that post, I'm sure the only way I could have made it more "angry" toned was by TALKING IN CAPS! rofl

Quote Originally Posted by Psyudex View Post
    Your ex should have went to jail for assualt, that stupid mouth breather. My word, I work at a fuel kiosk and I'm very glad I have a bullet resistant window infront of me for fear of someone like that would punch or even shoot me, then proceed to oil his gun because we sell gun oiL? /shrug, The thing is people make mistakes, hell it could be their first day of training for crying out loud, yet mister tough guy with the small pea brain decided to go punch someone in the face. Just like Hank Hill "Im gunna kick yer asz"

Stupid mouth breathers. Sadly, those are the people that are reproducing, since those are the ones that the girls get all hot and bothered just thinking of em. Sure, date that guy, see if I care if he treats you bad.

Heh, if you read that post, I'm sure the only way I could have made it more "angry" toned was by TALKING IN CAPS! rofl
    So when someone spits in your smoothie, you drink it up as it's easier than rocking the boat?

I don't condone violence, but some people get a kick out of messing with other people, they only have themselves to blame if they get decked for it.

Anyway, years and years ago, I was out drinking in Whitley Bay on a Saturday afternoon, and I think it was England were playing Denmark.

Me and my mates were sat at the bar watching it, and I got tapped on the shoulder. I turned around, it was a girl who I knew from work (from being mutual smokers forced to go outside to smoke).

I said hello briefly, and turned back to watch the footy, and she asked who was playing. I said England and Denmark. She looked puzzled, and said "how can England be playing Denmark??". I asked her what she meant, and she replied "how can England be playing Denmark, Denmark is part of England". So I tried not to laugh (although my mates did) and pointed out where Denmark was, she thought it was a town in England.

Pretty lass, but thick as mince.
    Zantetsuken - 50 Warrior - Firesand EU RP-PvP
    Charisma - 50 Rogue - Firesand EU RP-PvP
    Eldrenna - 13 Cleric - Firesand EU RP-PvP

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Zantetsuken View Post
    So when someone spits in your smoothie, you drink it up as it's easier than rocking the boat?

I don't condone violence, but some people get a kick out of messing with other people, they only have themselves to blame if they get decked for it.
    I agree I can't say I blame her ex. Though there are far better ways to handle it. I've seen quite a few restaurants closed by a call to the health department.

Quote Originally Posted by Cantina View Post

<sighs>
    Sounds to me like that little snot needed taught a lesson.

I don't really condone violence and don't support people who resort to it, but every now and then people need put in line. Lil' butt whooping probably did that guy some good.

Betcha he never spit in another smoothie.
    (▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀۝Ξ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀) CHECK OUT MAH LIGHTSABAH!

I /facepalm every time I go to Walmart.

Every time I buy anything there, the clerks forget to remove the little magnetic metal things attached to clothing, games, etc.

I always get flagged down at the metal detectors for like 20 minutes while they go through all of my stuff just to see that I paid for everything, and that it was the clerk that messed up.
    (▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀۝Ξ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀) CHECK OUT MAH LIGHTSABAH!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast