+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Games

Default Upcoming Games

Hi I made this thread to discuss future games other than Rift we look forward to. Here's some of mine:

I'm sure i have forgotten dozens off that list but it's a start.
    Last edited by Skorne; 06-12-2010 at 02:02 AM.

I'm looking forward to beta testing http://www.aerrevan.com/index.php (yeah even though it's going to be ffa PvP during beta )
    If you say plz instead of please, I say no because it's shorter than yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Liziana View Post
    I'm looking forward to beta testing http://www.aerrevan.com/index.php (yeah even though it's going to be ffa PvP during beta )
    You got me excited there for a moment, till I read about the guild part. The way they use FFA PVP is rather misleading (I'm assuming based on what their features states that you can only attack players from other alliances).

@OP I'll post a list of games I'm waiting on tomorrow, it's 4:20 AM precisely here (amusingly enough) and I'm completely exhausted.
    Ipsa scientia potestas est

Quote Originally Posted by TemetNosce View Post
    You got me excited there for a moment, till I read about the guild part. The way they use FFA PVP is rather misleading (I'm assuming based on what their features states that you can only attack players from other alliances).

@OP I'll post a list of games I'm waiting on tomorrow, it's 4:20 AM precisely here (amusingly enough) and I'm completely exhausted.
    Not necessarily only guilds, if you ally yourself to one of the two wizards, you are automatically PvP enabled to the other Wizard's followers. The only way to avoid PvP is to not ally yourself, and not join a guild that is allied. But for beta, it's out and out ffa PvP.

Not necessarily only guilds, if you ally yourself to one of the two wizards, you are automatically PvP enabled to the other Wizard's followers. The only way to avoid PvP is to not ally yourself, and not join a guild that is allied. But for beta, it's out and out ffa PvP.
    So wait, just to make absolutely sure, for beta you can attack anyone you want? No need to join a guild, no player you can't attack?

Besides Rift I am interested in the big budget MMOs as I believe they have the best chance of producing a game with content and quality. I may not like the design of many of these games but if its a good game I will likely enjoy it:

1. Rift I have a hard time being excited about any other game than Rift. Since EQ1 released Vanguard and Rift are the only 2 games I have been truly excited about pre-release. So everything else comes in a distant second. So here goes:

2. FF14 Probably the best chance to succeed of any MMO in development. Hopefully it will have slow strategic thoughtful combat like FF11 with an emphasis on group play. The no level aspect sounds rather gimmicky and it scares me as to how it may work in practice. I would have really liked to played FF11 longer than a couple of weeks but the console like controls were not for me. I hope FF14 gives us the option of a MMO UI.

3. Carbine Studios new game without a title - Raiding, emphasis on crafting and possible Vanguard like Diplomacy, along with Warhammer's public quests. I am not a big fan of SCI-FI type games but if its good quality game game then that is all that matters.

4. SWTOR - I don't like the design and I am scared it will be dumbed down for the mainstream but its being made by Bioware and that may mean a quality game. I loved Baldur's Gate Fallout 1 and 2, Planescape and so many other Bioware titles. Bioware said their plan is to similar to WoW in that they will have content for all playstyles, raiders, solo players, casuals and hardcore. It's easy to say that but quite hard to do.

5. Blizzard's unannounced new game - Rumor has it that its a shooter. I really don't like shooters but Blizzard can seem to do no wrong. It will be interesting to see their plans. Hopefully we will get some info at E3.

6. EQNext - Here is hoping SOE steals as much as they can from Vanguard and puts it into EQNext so we get a funded and developed game more like Vanguard than EQ2.5.

7. Diablo 3 - Not a MMO but Diablo3 should be the most anticipated singleplayer game in quite sometime. Plus it has a multiplayer option. I am sure everyone will be playing it. If the above games do not work out or release after D3 I am sure many guilds will be playing it as well.

8. Elder Scrolls Online I can't imagine two better singleplayer games than Morrwind and Oblivion. They both have that huge MMO feel to them. I am not sure how the combat will translate to MMO's but if the rumors are true its something to be excited about.

9. Wheel of Time MMO - Being made by someone I have never heard of so I doubt it will pan out. But is there a better more detailed world for MMO's than the WoT books. I love the WoT series so its hard not to be excited about playing a WoT MMO.

Besides these and Rift I do not see any big budget games worthy of mention. I suppose people could argue for Secret World or the Agency but given the track record of SOE and Funcom I have little in faith in either of these MMOs. GW2 will likely be huge and hyped quite a bit. I was not a fan of GW1 but I hope GW2 plays more like a MMO than GW1.

I'm looking forward to Black Prophecy
    Telarapedia - The original german Rift Wiki

Leader of "Gilde Gothic" in Rift

Kinda intrigued by Aerrevan (thank you Liz!)
    Been waiting for more info about Otherland but I think it's vaporware

Not much has me intrigued atm

Hmm... I am "Waiting" for:
    - Star Craft 2
    - Sniper: Ghost Warrior
    Didnt check out all of the "Upcoming" games, got no time, but maybe there will be few more that I might enjoy.
    I don't need to "Get a life."! I'm a Gamer! I have loads of Lifes! - - - Necromancy - happiness is an army of unstoppable, loyal, killing machines.

I'd suppose I'm looking forward to a good number of the games already mentioned. But the fact of the matter is, is that for the most part these days, if I'm not playing an MMO, I'm not playing any game. And the games I'm looking forward to reflect that.

I've been following TERA for a while now, and I think its shaping up to be a great game, even if the art style for some of the character models isn't exactly my cup o' tea.

Aerrevan looks interesting to me as well, but I'm significantly less interested in it than I am in Rift or TERA.

I never played the first one, but Guild Wars 2 seems like its shaping up to be a fun game, and I may give it a shot when its released.

Other than those games, I'm looking forward to StarCraft 2 and Diablo 3. My list of games is pretty short, but between work and getting ready to go to school in the fall (going to grad school halfway across the country) I don't really have as much time for games as I used to, and I imagine I'll have less time when most of the games I'm looking forward to are released.

Elder Scrolls Online
    Wheel of Time, but still do not know how far along they have gotten.
    Game of Thrones, not much info on it yet, it was bought by a company in France.

EQ next, depends a lot on how Sony handles it.

Copernicus or Project Mercury, if they go with that title. Still need more info on this game, but sounds great?
    Last edited by Maxxy; 06-12-2010 at 10:49 AM.

"Do not think of knocking out another person's brains because he differs in opinion from you. It would be as rational to knock yourself on the head because you differ from yourself ten years ago."
    - Horace Mann (1796 - 1859)

A few other titles not listed that I'm watching:

Elemental: War of Magic - Hopefully this year
    Torchlight MMO - Long ways off
    Diablo 3 - Who knows when
    Civ 5 - Hopefully this year

I really hope Jumpgate Evolution turns out well. I really enjoyed Starlancer and Freelancer. JG:E seems to be fairly close to those titles with the addition of MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Zinn View Post
    Besides these and Rift I do not see any big budget games worthy of mention. I suppose people could argue for Secret World or the Agency but given the track record of SOE and Funcom I have little in faith in either of these MMOs. GW2 will likely be huge and hyped quite a bit. I was not a fan of GW1 but I hope GW2 plays more like a MMO than GW1.
    I'm hoping Zenimax releases some information at E3. They have a stated budget of 300 Million to bring a new AAA MMo to market.

Quote Originally Posted by TemetNosce View Post
    So wait, just to make absolutely sure, for beta you can attack anyone you want? No need to join a guild, no player you can't attack?
    Indeedy...

OOps...and forgot to add, I'm watching this too http://www.citadelofsorcery.com/index.php
    Last edited by Liziana; 06-14-2010 at 06:59 AM. Reason: Can't type due to new kitten being a lap monster

Indeedy...
    Well, sounds like a fun time. I might give that a shot then, thanks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast