+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PvP videos old & new (share yours)

Default PvP videos old & new (share yours)

Hi there, anybody else here make PvP videos in the past at any point? I thought I would share some of mine. If you have some from any game feel free to drop it off in this thread. I would like to see who my fellow PvPers are in RIFT.

Be sure to watch these in HD:

"Feral Shifter" 30-39 Battleground PvP - Feral Druid - World of Warcraft
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNM1rByagxs

70 mage PvP pre-wotlk WoW "Deadly Vending Machine"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jovp5fHAEZE

"Master Assassin" - Warhammer Online - Shadow Warrior PvP T2-T3
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-43od-DxIjk

"Knight of the Living Dead" Blood Death Knight PvP WoW - 70-79 Battlegrounds
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEPoxRdKlAY
    Last edited by Anxient; 12-02-2010 at 10:08 AM.

I wish I had some, but all they'd have been was of my twinks which isn't really much of a PvP video because of the fact that they're twinks. Never got around to taping any of the 3 of their experiences, but I got my memories...

Speaking of which, I am gonna restart my account for like, a month, just to get one last bout of twinkness out of me before I call it quits for good. Still love watching the PvP videos, heh... Makes me want to go back to twinking that much sooner.
    Halcyon Legion: now offering candy and rainbows! Also, I love writing poetry Ask!
    "When we built these dreams on sand... How they all slipped through our hands; And this might be our only chance! Let's take this one day at a time - I'll hold your hand if you hold mine... The time that we kill keeps us alive." Rise Against - Rumors of My Demise Have Been Greatly Exaggerated

Quote Originally Posted by Kintega View Post
    I wish I had some, but all they'd have been was of my twinks which isn't really much of a PvP video because of the fact that they're twinks. Never got around to taping any of the 3 of their experiences, but I got my memories...

Speaking of which, I am gonna restart my account for like, a month, just to get one last bout of twinkness out of me before I call it quits for good. Still love watching the PvP videos, heh... Makes me want to go back to twinking that much sooner.
    I had a 19 rogue twink for a bit. Though I only made PvP videos of non-twinks. All of the characters above are non-twinks.

My 19 rogue was deadly though. I do have footage on a hard drive of him dueling up to level 40's and beating them as a level 19 haha...his dodge was insane. With evasion he could not be hit even in melee against a level 70. That was at the time where you didn't get xp in battlegrounds. He had the arena grandmaster trinket, the fishing hat with +agi to it, the nethercleft armor attachments + to stam and agi, +dodge to cloak, the shadowfang. Needless to say he was extremely deadly. Honestly though, I only made him because twinks pissed me off when my mage was leveling (my first character). I vowed to return once I got to 70 with a twink of my own. I typically left alone non-twinks and strictly hunted other twinks. The only thing that could give him a run for his money was a seriously twinked hunter but with all of my cooldowns including the arena grandmaster trinket I was still able to take them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Anxient View Post
    I had a 19 rogue twink for a bit. Though I only made PvP videos of non-twinks. All of the characters above are non-twinks.

My 19 rogue was deadly though. I do have footage on a hard drive of him dueling up to level 40's and beating them as a level 19 haha...his dodge was insane. With evasion he could not be hit even in melee against a level 70. That was at the time where you didn't get xp in battlegrounds. He had the arena grandmaster trinket, the fishing hat with +agi to it, the nethercleft armor attachments + to stam and agi, +dodge to cloak, the shadowfang. Needless to say he was extremely deadly. Honestly though, I only made him because twinks pissed me off when my mage was leveling (my first character). I vowed to return once I got to 70 with a twink of my own. I typically left alone non-twinks and strictly hunted other twinks. The only thing that could give him a run for his money was a seriously twinked hunter but with all of my cooldowns including the arena grandmaster trinket I was still able to take them out.
    lol I never went that all-out, and got lucky with what I have for my guys. Most I ever did was for my rogue. Always went in as a pair with my best friend; we hardly lost, even against groups of 5 enemy twinks. My warrior and his pally were 40-49 (TBC), my shadow priest and his I-forget-what-he-played were also 40-49 (Vanilla), and my rogue and his enh shammy were 50-59 (TBC). Did the most for my rogue: 2 mongoose enchants, lol. Wasn't difficult to get them since I knew folks and just got gifted the mats. He had I think 47% dodge against 59's, just from the base gear he had and all that, and I chose mongoose over strength or agility because I value the momentary "I will melt your face" over the more general "I am more deadly" - also specced him to survive long fights (lots of health, and at that point a lot of assassination/combat/sub stuff that stunned/incap'd or reset my abilities sooner). I refuse to pot during PvP, and only do so if my opponent does it first, unless I'm running a flag or whatnot.

We made twinks because at level cap, neither me or him had any uh, helpful guilds (they played favorites, and we were left in the dust) so we decided to take ourselves to lower levels via twinking. We originally did twinking, like you, to fight off other twinks, but over time it became more of a "we're helping our faction" type of feel. Still, though, if a non-twink messed with me, I typically gouged them or something and did a /no and then hopped off. I'd just keep them incapped until they got the hint that I wouldn't mess with them or until I encountered a twink. I never did much damage, and by myself it was hard to kill other twinks, but I had made my character a support guy for my buddy, since the past 2 times he was my support character.

Oh the memories. And with that, I get to go to class and daydream about PvP matches long past
    Halcyon Legion: now offering candy and rainbows! Also, I love writing poetry Ask!
    "When we built these dreams on sand... How they all slipped through our hands; And this might be our only chance! Let's take this one day at a time - I'll hold your hand if you hold mine... The time that we kill keeps us alive." Rise Against - Rumors of My Demise Have Been Greatly Exaggerated

Yeah definitely some good times had. Sounds like you and your friend had a lot of fun. PvP is the best when you partner up with somebody. In my 39 druid video above you can sometimes see a mage with me named "Vresh". That was my brother. Some of the most fun I have had in MMO's was PvPing with him. We live in different cities so it is a fun way of being able to hang out once in a while.

I was actually able to locate my 19 twink rogue:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...eam&cn=Nowhere

He was completely decked out! Took me almost as long twinking him as it did getting geared up on my main characters at the time. Two weeks for the arena grandmaster trinket and about three weekends of fishing competitions for the fishing hat.

haha look at all the lame UI. Ugh blizzard ui fails.
    Hail to the king, Baby!

I'd link mine, but they're all long inactive so you can't see anything lol. Intend to start up again on Wednesday and then spend most of my time on MG with my buddies, making a shadow priest in the process. Still got my rogue at 59 on Khadgar, though. He's the only one that stayed twinked. I'll PM you his armory when I get him back up. He isn't all out, but he's pretty decent.
    Last edited by Kintega; 12-02-2010 at 02:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wat View Post
    When a flat-chested girl hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xlugon Pyro View Post
    I have a bottle right next to me but if attractive women looked like that I might as well be gay.

I wish I had had a computer capable of running fraps in Darkfall back when I played. I'd probably have one of killing almost a dozen people by myself after boarding a boat held by an enemy clan as I was the only member capable of getting onto the boat from the rigging on the sides from the water. Stalling the boat by killing the various helmsmen long enough for the rest of my crew to board it, then finally packing it away and banking it followed by the PM I sent to the clan leader that owned the boat - previously the clan I played with in another game until we had a falling out.

That was a good day in PvP history for me. I'm so glad I'll be able to run fraps and still have a solid FPS in this game if the system reqs are accurate I won't have any issue at all.
    Last edited by Haeso; 12-02-2010 at 03:04 PM.

Really nice video -Naosyth-

Great editing! Sony Vegas for the win.

me and my mate had a 1 hour and 45 min long arena match in world of warcraft O.O (yup, thats not possible anymore... but it was possible back then) ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUowiXHK-ss
    Mess with the best, die like the rest!

Quote Originally Posted by Spinal View Post
    me and my mate had a 1 hour and 45 min long arena match in world of warcraft O.O (yup, thats not possible anymore... but it was possible back then) ;)
    1 HOUR AND 45 MINUTES ?!?!?!?! hahaha. That is insane.

That would REALLY suck losing that match.

The other team probably deleted their accounts as soon as this was over.
    Last edited by Anxient; 12-05-2010 at 09:26 PM.

Good lord, Spinal. Well, your persistence is commendable :O

Prophet of Telara

Not mine, but this was one of my favorite videos from back in the day. Lots of nice open-world PvP from vanilla WoW. So much nostalgia. I recommend all of Eryx's videos to anyone who played vanilla especially former rogues, of course.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APLEuDdSyAw&feature=related

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast