+ Reply to Thread

Thread: World Cup Bids

Telaran

Default World Cup Bids

So who else is disappointed? Was really looking forward to participate in it without having to go to some country where i would get kidnapped

Very surprised to see Qatar beat the USA out.. but they have 12 years to build all the indoor stadiums with cooling since it will be like 130 temperature wise there. Not sure which i was more surprised in tho.. Qatar winning theirs or Russia beating out England and Spain.
    Last edited by Nadasdy; 12-02-2010 at 08:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadasdy View Post
    So who else is disappointed? Was really looking forward to participate in it without having to go to some country where i would get kidnapped

Very surprised to see Qatar beat the USA out.. but they have 12 years to build all the indoor stadiums with cooling since it will be like 130 temperature wise there. Not sure which i was more surprised in tho.. Qatar winning theirs or Russia beating out England and Spain.
    Beware of bears with vodka and balalayka, I already start train my to track foreigners.
    Last edited by Schemer; 12-02-2010 at 08:30 AM.

Surprised that Spain & Portugal didn't get 2018.

Wouldn't worry about Qatar 2022, I'm sure all the rich guys there will build a new city for it ;)

Champion

Well I'm shocked to see Qatar beat the USA for 2022, considering the potential revenue from the US.

However I'm not surprised to see Russia beat England, not at least after the recent corruption allegations -.-"

I don't see why they are having it in Qatar, to be quite frank. I understand they have nice stadiums already built, but knowing them, they'll build an island out in the sea to put the stadium on.

Was really looking forward to participate in it without having to go to some country where i would get kidnapped
    Chances are you won't get kidnapped here. It's like Dubai and a couple other Arab emirates/countries, they are a billionaire's playground.

How the hell was Australia the first to be knocked out... US has already had it. It'd be a bit unfair if they got it again.

The U.S. should of gotten it. For Columbus, Ohio:P

+ Reply to Thread