Darkest Hour
    Matchbook romance
    Alesana
    A Skylit Drive
    A day to remember
    30 Seconds to mars
    I am Ghost

Any many others

My top 3 bands on my Last.FM account are...

1. Nightwish - 7,317 plays
    2. Dream Theater - 7,086 plays
    3. Opeth - 5,985 plays

For those familiar with the bands, gives an idea of what I'm in to. Metal is my genre of choice, anything from progressive, technical, symphonic, heavy, to story telling elements. All the bands above give a good mix of each, some aspects more than others. Sadly I have only seen one of the three live

With my family's musical background I consider myself fairly open minded. I just happen to go through the same play lists when at my computer ;)

The last month I've cycled through a few dozen movie scores, techno/house mixes, and Japanese pop music a lot though... Hmmm!
    w w w . F A E L O R . c o m
    Administrator of Rift Seekers | [former] Guild Master of <Primal> | Administrator of Halcyon Affinity
    Rift Podcast | Rift Seekers is currently dormant for various reasons, thank you for understanding | Telerapedia

I like everything except country.
    If I had my way, country singers actually would have their dogs die, wives leaving them, and no money left in their bank.

Want a Melee Mage? Support the Theurgist!

Tool/A Perfect Circle
    Nine Inch Nails
    Brand New
    Radiohead
    Opeth
    Sublime
    Mudvayne (first few albums)
    Coheed and Cambria
    Interpol
    MGMT
    Muse
    Faith No More
    The Flaming Lips

There's a lot of stuff I'm forgetting that I want to list. I'm a ***** for rock.
    <a href=http://www.trinityguild.org target=_blank>http://www.trinityguild.org/images/signatures/rift/sig_final.png</a>
    I mean, I guess it would just be a guy who you know, grabs bananas and runs. Or, um, a banana that grabs things. I donít know.
    Why would a banana grab another banana? I mean, those are the kind of questions I donít want to answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanlo View Post
    I like everything except country.
    If I had my way, country singers actually would have their dogs die, wives leaving them, and no money left in their bank.
    Not gonna happen. Country brings in more money each year than the other genres combined. Good luck with it though, I'm off to listen to some Toby Keith and Trace Adkins.

Just remember Ladies love country boys, Mostly because we are always Rough and Ready
    Last edited by Ancient; 06-12-2010 at 05:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient View Post
    Not gonna happen. Country brings in more money each year than the other genres combined. Good luck with it though, I'm off to listen to some Toby Keith and Trace Adkins.

Just remember Women love country boys

Entirely depends on what women you are looking to have love you.
    I could say goth screamo brings women in also, but... it also brings in a whole new weirdness factor and maybe not the type of women you were looking for =p

Entirely depends on what women you are looking to have love you.
    I could say goth screamo brings women in also, but... it also brings in a whole new weirdness factor and maybe not the type of women you were looking for =p
    Got me there. My Wife is just as likely to be listening to NiN or Rob Zombie as Clint Black. I was raised about as backwoods country as you can get, but I still like my Infected muhroom and Grieg. The only genre I do not allow in the house is Hip Hop, I got a fire pit for that crap.

Got me there. My Wife is just as likely to be listening to NiN or Rob Zombie as Clint Black. I was raised about as backwoods country as you can get, but I still like my Infected muhroom and Grieg. The only genre I do not allow in the house is Hip Hop, I got a fire pit for that crap.
    Hurt by both Nine Inch Nails and Cash is good.

Hurt by both Nine Inch Nails and Cash is good.
    Agreed. I will say that I hate NEW country, but old country is awesome. Johnny Cash, Willy Nelson, Hank Jr, Patsy Cline, all great.

Quote Originally Posted by Raevin View Post
    Agreed. I will say that I hate NEW country, but old country is awesome. Johnny Cash, Willy Nelson, Hank Jr, Patsy Cline, all great.
    Yea I'm not to happy with the new stuff either, way to much Pop culture in it. Who ever thought to put out a country song without a guitar in it should be shot ( Praying for you). That being said though Easton Corbin does sound alot like old style George Strait.

Down at my local pub, there always is an american chap, hes in his 50s or something, but thats besides the point. I remember once he put Johnny Cash - I Walk The Line, and he started singing along to it, WITH an awsome american/cowboy/country accent! That was one of THE BEST songs that I have ever heard! Absolutely loved it!
    I don't need to "Get a life."! I'm a Gamer! I have loads of Lifes! - - - Necromancy - happiness is an army of unstoppable, loyal, killing machines.

Quote Originally Posted by Elladar View Post
    Down at my local pub, there always is an american chap, hes in his 50s or something, but thats besides the point. I remember once he put Johnny Cash - I Walk The Line, and he started singing along to it, WITH an awsome american/cowboy/country accent! That was one of THE BEST songs that I have ever heard! Absolutely loved it!
    I have a live version of that song that was recorded as a duo with his wife, and your right it is a great song. One of my favorite cash songs is Sunday Morning Coming Down

Edit:

SO I clickied the link in your reply and my wife walked in, looked over my shoulder and said " BILBO " He looks like Bilbo Baggins.
    Last edited by Ancient; 06-12-2010 at 07:58 AM.

I have a live version of that song that was recorded as a duo with his wife, and your right it is a great song. One of my favorite cash songs is Sunday Morning Coming Down

Edit:

SO I clickied the link in your reply and my wife walked in, looked over my shoulder and said " BILBO " He looks like Bilbo Baggins.
    OMG you are right! He DOES look like Bilbo!! Ahahaha!! Your wife is a genius!
    I don't need to "Get a life."! I'm a Gamer! I have loads of Lifes! - - - Necromancy - happiness is an army of unstoppable, loyal, killing machines.

Funny thing is she has his complete discography and that is the first time she had actually seen him preform.

Funny thing is she has his complete discography and that is the first time she had actually seen him preform.
    Hehe. Btw I also like this song Johnny Cash - The Man In Black but for some reason it makes me really sad...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast