+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Non-MMO Games

Default Non-MMO Games

I think we established in this thread that we are all MMO fans. But I am just curious. What other types of games do you play?

I like strategy and RPG games as well. Especially the older ones. They just don't make those like they use to. ;)

What other games do you play?

Real Time Strategy
    RPG
    Adventure
    Fantasy

I play anything with swords/magic really

Guild Leader of Reborn.
    Steampike-EU.
    -Disbanded-

Mainly RPG style games ... The Witcher, Eschalon book 2 and a couple others at this time.

I've been playing Travian for about two years now. Just finished my 4th 'game'.

I still play Civilization III (didn't like Civ IV) , Alpha Centauri, and Pirates! (all Sid Meier games). I like war & exploration games.

I still have Starcraft and Diablo II installed on my PC, but haven't played them in a long time.
    Dual Targeting - The Targeting System of the Modern MMO

If the Lord of the Rings movie trilogy was made by today's MMO designers, the first 8 hours would be condensed into 30 minutes, and the last hour would be stretched out over 8.5 hours. It would be all about 'The Ending' and not about 'The Journey'.

I tend to play a large variety of games as there are enjoyable aspects of most any game. I can easily be playing Dragon Age then switch over to CoD Modern Warfare and end the night playing Sims 3 or Viva Pinata. My favorite non-mmo genre though always has and always will be RPG games. I fell in love with RPG many years ago with games like Hillsfar, Might and Magic, Wizardry, etc. Of course that may have a lot to do with the fact that I was a D&D player who was looking for D&D in video game form.
    Warp

I like everything really. I mostly like RPGs both western and Japanese style. Wish I had something to play right, I've beaten everything...

Quote Originally Posted by Abigale View Post
    I like strategy and RPG games as well. Especially the older ones. They just don't make those like they use to. ;)
    Absolutely agreed about RPGs especially (I didn't mind C&C3, although the online service was terrible), in my opinion the golden age of RPGs began in SNES and ran through PS (peaking with Xenogears) but after that quality has taken an enormous nosedive (assuming we're talking about Japanese style RPGs anyways). If we're talking PC, well it's true but to a lesser extent (Borderlands is excellent, Mass Effect was fun, etc). Still, nothing tops the original Diablo for sheer ambiance (yeah, yeah I know Planescape: Torment was great and all but it still didn't have that mood in my opinion).

I also play FPS, RTS, RPGs (western and eastern), Action/adventure games, Fighters, and occasionally some other stuff.
    Ipsa scientia potestas est

I mostly focus on RPG's (western and eastern) and adventure/action games although on occasions I do pick up some FPS games as well, if they got something that makes the single player aspect worth experiencing (such as Metro 2033, Bioshock and S.T.A.L.K.E.R series for example).

At the moment I'm playing Alpha Protocol, which is sort of a Mass Effect style (gameplay wise) espionage RPG from Obsidian Entertainment. Although the game got bashed pretty badly in the reviews, I've found it to be pretty entertaining despite some of the very obvious flaws and bugs.

I mainly focus on RPG's also and FPS with RPG aspects to name a few big titles I played next to MMO's it would be:
    - Mass Effect
    - Dragon Age
    - The Force Unleashed
    - Buldars Gate 1 & 2 ( Usually play this one atleast once a year start to finish.)

Regards,
    Kalbuir

I play Battlefield Bad Company 2 quite a bit. I consider it the best multiplayer shooter on PC currently. My diet for games is extremely varied though the last 3 games I played were:

Ultima Underworld II (Old DOS first person RPG game from 1992).
    Tetris (on Gameboy Emulator).
    X3 Terran Conflict - hoping one day Infinity will actually come out.

I've been trying to play Dragon Age and Mass Effect 2 but despite everyone else being sycophants of Bioware I don't really find either game to be that great. Interesting characters and storylines they do well but the worlds feel so small, static and fake.

I'm not subscribed to any MMO as there's none out there that currently appeals to me really.

Quote Originally Posted by Skorne View Post
    X3 Terran Conflict - hoping one day Infinity will actually come out.
    Oh I loved the X-Series ... Do you know Black Prophecy?
    Telarapedia - The original german Rift Wiki

Leader of "Gilde Gothic" in Rift

Quote Originally Posted by Feoras View Post
    Oh I loved the X-Series ... Do you know Black Prophecy?
    Yeah but it's F2P which makes me a sad pilot

This is what I tend to play:

- Action
    - RPG
    - Strategy
    - Adventure
    - MMO

Hate to play:

- Racing
    - Sports
    - Simulation
    - Family Games
    - Indie
    I don't need to "Get a life."! I'm a Gamer! I have loads of Lifes! - - - Necromancy - happiness is an army of unstoppable, loyal, killing machines.

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator Arithion's Avatar

Sooo I started listing and then I stopped and listed the types with some examples ;)

On computers or consoles:
    RPG (written and visual aka Zork series, FF series, all of the elder scrolls)
    Strategy (Civilization, C&C, Caesar, Starcraft the original World of Warcraft)
    Puzzle - there was this game called jewel of the oracle - loved it. Myst series - any other puzzle/solving game
    Hack'n'slash (rpg) - Diablo 1&2 type games (one of the best games ever to take out aggression on ;) )
    Platform games - Prince of Persia series, Devil may cry etc
    Fighting games - Tekken, Virtua Fighter, Dynasty Warriors etc...

And of course
    Tabletop - both RPG(Rifts - D&D) and Strategy (Warhammer - both original and 40k)

I love lots of games except for Family Sim type games like SIMS and I'm just not too good at FPS - not that I don't try ;)

I started with Prince of Persia on my cousin's computer (a Commodore 64, I think) back in... oooo early 90's?
    And I've never looked back
    The Rift Podcast Site

Telarapedia | RiftIRC
    Level 50 Bahmi Warrior - Greybriar - Primal

Im playing Read Dead Redemption atm.Beat it and enjoying the multiplayer quite a bit.Excellent game IMO.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast