+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anyone good at making banners?

Plane Touched

Thumbs up Anyone good at making banners?

Hey guys. I'm working on a new site for our guild for RIFT. Problem is I suck at designing, and especially at making cool banners. I was wondering if any creative skilled folks would be my hero and create one.

I just slapped together a makeshift site at http://aoarift.guildomatic.com , the banner will be at the top where that default generic crap is atm.

The guild name is "Army of Albion" , we'll be rolling Guardians, so having the Guardian logo would be cool.

I'll compensate ya with some platinum or something come headstart!

Cheers.
    Last edited by Jestahr; 02-18-2011 at 07:39 AM.

Hey- I'm sure a bunch of people with way better skillz than me will respond to this, but what are you looking for, besides the guardian hand and the guild name? do you have any characters or backgrounds you like?

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...ldamyx/aoa.gif (transparent- no white background)

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by xfallchildamyx View Post
    Hey- I'm sure a bunch of people with way better skillz than me will respond to this, but what are you looking for, besides the guardian hand and the guild name? do you have any characters or backgrounds you like?

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...ldamyx/aoa.gif (transparent- no white background)
    Hey, thanks for the reply!

I was kinda hoping for some kind of graphical background, anything that kinda resembles a rift animation if that makes sense. Like elemental kinda looking. Also if possible bold block text that easily readable.

*Block Text "Army of Albion" possibly caps?
    *Elemntal looking background resembling a rift
    *Guardian logo (the fist thing)

Thanks alot for your reply, looks cool but the text is a little hard to read

Won't promise anything but I'll have a crack at it over the weekend. If I don't follow this up then I forgot and just /poke me in pm on sunday and I'll do it monday.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Fizzee View Post
    Won't promise anything but I'll have a crack at it over the weekend. If I don't follow this up then I forgot and just /poke me in pm on sunday and I'll do it monday.

Awesome, much appreciated! Something similar to your sig is very much what I had in mind
    Last edited by Jestahr; 02-18-2011 at 12:06 PM.

What size would you like it? Same sort of size as the one at the top of the rift forums, or just a small one like you have already? Not sure what your host supports.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Fizzee View Post
    What size would you like it? Same sort of size as the one at the top of the rift forums, or just a small one like you have already? Not sure what your host supports.
    Slightly larger than the default, if possible. I just checked and it doesn't appear to have any restricitons on the size of banner that I can use. I suppose bigger is better, if it doesn't fit/work I can always scale it down a little.

bored at work.....

http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/4...myofalbion.jpg

If it's a decent start to what you're looking for, just let me know changes and it's done. If not, hey, no harm no foul right?
    Main Character: Chranos - Cleric, Shatterbone

Plane Touched

Wow, that looks awesome thanks alot! Will put that one up now!

edit: but if anyone else is bored, variety is always nice
    Last edited by Jestahr; 02-18-2011 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jestahr View Post
    Hey, thanks for the reply!

I was kinda hoping for some kind of graphical background, anything that kinda resembles a rift animation if that makes sense. Like elemental kinda looking. Also if possible bold block text that easily readable.

*Block Text "Army of Albion" possibly caps?
    *Elemntal looking background resembling a rift
    *Guardian logo (the fist thing)

Thanks alot for your reply, looks cool but the text is a little hard to read

Yeah it took like two secs, ill see what i can do,

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...amyx/aoa-1.jpg

ahh what else to do while the server is down, play with photoshop!

Enjoy

+ Reply to Thread