+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Request for Off-Topic Forum :)

Default Request for Off-Topic Forum :)

The forums are a place where the community can come to talk about their hopes and dreams for Telara before the official release. There are plenty of places you can put these, such as General Discussion, Suggestions etc. Although; Some people may want to step away from Telara for a bit and talk about some other things which aren't directly related to the game. This is why I'm trying to get an "Off-Topic" section for the forums, where members can talk about ANYTHING (Obviously in reason) which isn't about Telara. If you believe this would be a good addition to the forums, please post below with a reason. On the other hand, If you believe this would be a waste of time, also post believe with a reason

No flames please ;D

(If there's already been a thread about this, sorry)

Guild Leader of Reborn.
    Steampike-EU.
    -Disbanded-

/signed

We need an OT Forum, to bring community closer and find out more about people who could potentially be your guildmates. Btw Elux there has been atleast 2 threads about this already! Check somewhere in "Suggestions" forum. ;)
    I don't need to "Get a life."! I'm a Gamer! I have loads of Lifes! - - - Necromancy - happiness is an army of unstoppable, loyal, killing machines.

Quote Originally Posted by Elladar View Post
    /signed

We need an OT Forum, to bring community closer and find out more about people who could potentially be your guildmates. Btw Elux there has been atleast 2 threads about this already! Check somewhere in "Suggestions" forum. ;)
    Gurr >.>. Ah well, We can have 3. Another reason to bring Off-Topic forums, Less spam?

Guild Leader of Reborn.
    Steampike-EU.
    -Disbanded-

Quote Originally Posted by Martie View Post
    -Miraculously self-deletes thread-

Oh wait...

We'll just have to wait and see what the Officials do with this, but before that, can we please stay on topic with the whole "do you or don't you want the off-topic forums" instead of just posting links of already created threads? Just sayin'

Guild Leader of Reborn.
    Steampike-EU.
    -Disbanded-

The search function is there for a reason, right?

Just sayin'.

/signed ... we definitely need it.

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator Arithion's Avatar

Just sayin'.
    Well the search function is there, but as of now there is still no Off-Topic Forum and we have, as can be seen using the search function - asked multiple times. Soooooo ;)

/signed 10000 times
    The Rift Podcast Site

Telarapedia | RiftIRC
    Level 50 Bahmi Warrior - Greybriar - Primal

Just sayin'.
    And so it begins. People being chastised for not searching before posting, next comes the *****ing about necroing threads. Well it was nice while it lasted.

Back on topic, Yes I would like to see a OT section of the boards. They can be fun and a good place to vent once in a while

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient View Post
    next comes the *****ing about necroing threads.
    My "Class" is good at doing exactly what you have described...
    I don't need to "Get a life."! I'm a Gamer! I have loads of Lifes! - - - Necromancy - happiness is an army of unstoppable, loyal, killing machines.

Quote Originally Posted by Elladar View Post
    My "Class" is good at doing exactly what you have described...
    Guess I should have seen that one comin from a mile out

And so it begins. People being chastised for not searching before posting, next comes the *****ing about necroing threads. Well it was nice while it lasted.

Back on topic, Yes I would like to see a OT section of the boards. They can be fun and a good place to vent once in a while
    I was going to reply to him with something on the lines of this, although I didn't see much point in carrying on the pathetic flaming.
    Thanks for the sign

Guild Leader of Reborn.
    Steampike-EU.
    -Disbanded-

Plane Touched

OT doesn't interest me personally. I come to these boards to see discussion pertinent to the game, don't really care for forum games and all that jazz. Having said that though, it gets my vote becasue I know a lot of people like that stuff.

Why not start a OT thread in the meantime, call it "Official Offtopic Thread" or something. At least you'll be able to sound off in there? Please don't put it in General though, put it in Suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Elux View Post
    (If there's already been a thread about this, sorry)
    Since he wrote that, it's like "Yeah, I know I should search before posting this, but I can't really be arsed."
    And with the forums being as young as they are, there's not that many threads to check out if they match yours.

@Ancient, You like seeing the same threads over and over again? With the same answers and discussion? I just don't see the reason. I understand if someone wants to know a good specc for their class and there's just old out-dated threads, but a thing like an off topic forum can really just have one meaning, that he want a new forum section, doesn't matter if the thread is 3 years old, it still have the same meaning.
    "When is beta coming?" "When is the game launching?" Make a quick search and you got your answer. No need for more threads of this kind.
    Just take that 1 min of extra time before posting your thread, and everyone will be jolly.

Might look like a small thing to argue about, but it's an equally small thing to just type in the key words and hit "search".
    And I promise you, there will be plenty of more douplicate threads. Would be good if the first person who saw it just wrote, "It's in the forums alrdy, search for it" and then let the thread just die.

Just my 2 cents..

I don't think Martie is being unreasonable given the circumstances.

In the first two days since the OP joined the board he has made over a 100 posts and started at least five duplicate threads (including this one) which he could have easily avoided if he used the search button. He not only started this thread where there are already easily findable topics he started a thread on the beta and release date of which there were already numerous threads. He started a thread on the Palladium book lawsuit of which there was a quite lengthy easily findable thread. He started another E3 countdown thread which there already was another thread. And he started a thread asking system specs which has been discussed and asked many times.

BTW I don't mean to single out Elux as he is obviously very excited about the game. And that is such a good thing to see. Rather I think its important to help new posters out and point out that that there are better ways to do things that make the community a better place. Martie was right, we have a small good community and asking someone to do searches rather than creating multiple duplicate threads is not a bad thing rather its a service to the community. I don't think Martie meant anything bad or anything personal towards Elux. Rather he likely just wants the board to be more readable and contain less spam. Just as I think Elux meant no harm to anyone else. It simply comes down to being courteous and respectful to others in the community by taking the time to research what you write. I don't see Martie's comments being anything but nice and helpful.
    Last edited by Zinn; 06-06-2010 at 09:04 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast