+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Top 10 Reasons why Rift is better than GW2

Default Top 10 Reasons why Rift is better than GW2

10. GW2 fans hang out in Rift forums

9. GW2 is run by NCSoft.

8. Rift will be released sooner.

7. Rift has better customization options for characters.

6. GW2 is run by NCSoft ( I know..but it is worth 2)

5. Rift code fixes will be done by Trion, GW2 code fixes will be done by...well...someone else besides NCSoft

4. Trion has a solid relationship with the community, NCSoft has a solid relationship with acccount numbers.

3. Trion spent their budget on game development, NCSoft spent their budget on advertising. How long ago did YOU hear about GW2? In years......

2. Rift popularity has come from word of mouth. GW2 popularity has come from GW1's success.....how did FFXIV work out for ya?

1. Rift is P2P. GW2 is F2P.

Quote Originally Posted by Vihar View Post
    10. GW2 fans hang out in Rift forums

9. GW2 is run by NCSoft.

8. Rift will be released sooner.

7. Rift has better customization options for characters.

6. GW2 is run by NCSoft ( I know..but it is worth 2)

5. Rift code fixes will be done by Trion, GW2 code fixes will be done by...well...someone else besides NCSoft

4. Trion has a solid relationship with the community, NCSoft has a solid relationship with acccount numbers.

3. Trion spent their budget on game development, NCSoft spent their budget on advertising. How long ago did YOU hear about GW2? In years......

2. Rift popularity has come from word of mouth. GW2 popularity has come from GW1's success.....how did FFXIV work out for ya?

1. Rift is P2P. GW2 is F2P.

Okay.. But I disagree with the last one.. You can't compare a P2P game with a F2P game ,, :O
    Btw I didn't play GW1 and not a fan of the game yet anyways.

Champion

Rift isnt in so much trouble that you need to go out and try and put down to some ****pile another game being developed.

You must REALLY think Rift is fragile

Nah.

Just having a little fun with the sudden influx of GW2 trolls on the forums.

Rift Master

So... all specualtion and biased lies? Not impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by iFiNiTY View Post
    Okay.. But I disagree with the last one.. You can't compare a P2P game with a F2P game ,, :O
    I think that's a matter of taste.

Myself, I prefer P2P for a number of reasons;

P2P games give customers more value to the producer, they ultimately can vote with their feet by un-subbing...a la Aion.

P2P has a natural way of curbing the 12 year olds, and thus the community tends to be a bit more mature. It makes the chat wndows a lot more tolerable.

F2P ends up, for players like me, to be a lot more expensive, because farming gold for hours and hours in order to buy cash shop items in game is not fun to me.

F2P games also tend to, in the interest of profits, offer items that unbalance the game in favor of players that spend money. This creates imbalances in PvP and Raid content. I prefer equal opportunity without real money shortcuts.

As I said, it;s a matter of personal taste.

Quote Originally Posted by iFiNiTY View Post
    lol i think you can. 90% of F2Ps are POC right out the door. the other F2P that arent complete crap are the ones that went F2P after they were P2P. numbers dont lie.

Rift Master

90% of F2Ps are POC right out the door.
    So are P2P, to be honest. And GW is B2P.

Champion

Well, technically GW2 is going to be BTP correct?

Telaran

Gw2 is a B2P-.-

And Arenanet is the developer of GW. NcSoft is just the publisher.
    Trion cant compete with arenanet and Ncsoft. They just cant.
    Rift better make some money fast because when Gw2 realeses they will loose alot of subs.
    Gw2 will probably be the biggest MMORPG after wow when it realeses

Soulwalker

Well you can buy alot of games with all the money you put in a P2P game. So it's not fair to compare them 1vs1. Just a thought.

Stupid thread, the 2 games are nothing like each other (I know that's kind of the point of this thread, but it's designed to get a rise and even more trolling)

This is like comparing Diablo 3 to SW:TOR

Why are people trying to compare them? Seriously, why?

What is with the attitude that if you like one game then you have put down the other?

These games are not competing with each other, completely different markets. In fact they would live quite happily side by side on anyone's shelf to complement each other depending on what the player fancies doing at the time.

So buy both, enjoy both, win

· RK SWTOR · RK RIFT ·

Rift Master

Because they're both theme-park MMOs with several similar features like dynamic content?

Quote Originally Posted by Takauri View Post
    Stupid thread, the 2 games are nothing like each other (I know that's kind of the point of this thread, but it's designed to get a rise and even more trolling)

This is like comparing Diablo 3 to SW:TOR

What is with the attitude that if you like one game then you have put down the other?

These games are not competing with each other, completely different markets. In fact they would live quite happily side by side on anyone's shelf to complement each other depending on what the player fancies doing at the time.

So buy both, enjoy both, win
    This thread is just to poke fun at the sudden influx of "This game sux, GW2 is better" posts....and GW2 is still in the pipeline for undisclosed release.

Arenanet IS NCSoft, by the way.

I see no reason why GW2 won't be managed as poorly as Aion was. They couldn't even fix their own code or manage the servers. The game itself was beautiful, and fun...but with flaws that NCSoft seemed impotent to address.

Nope. I'd sooner put my faith in a startup company than another NCSoft game, although chances are I will give GW2 a spin if and when it releases.

Default GW2 vs Rift

I aint gonna spit on GW2 but i think rift still haves more things better than GW2
    I mean GW2 haves great graphic and its F2P but Rift has excelent story and Great Classes customazation!
    http://www.mybannermaker.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast